Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Star Ocean 3: Till The End Of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Farleen. She sounds like my friend and I really enjoy reminding her of it.

Albel doesn't really bug me after the battles either. He more or less ridicules the enemy after each battle. It reflects his character perfectly. Peppita isn't bad either since she doesn't talk too much and her victory pose becomes the center of attention rather than her voice. Although I can't stand Mirage's voice in battle because it makes her seem out of character.

Fayt probably said that because you finished with all your life full or something. You probably healed them to the limit of their hp.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara: Adray will rejoin when you try to enter the Passage from Parch to Plenty (the dungeon north of Surferio).

As for MP-kills, I think it was added for realism. MP = Mental Points, so when they hit 0 you have been killed mentally. You're brain dead.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone ever tried refusing Adray's help back in Aquios? I want to know because I wanted Nel, Albel, and Peppita. Personally having two mages in a 3 party system is overkill. Sophia's a good enough mage for me and I have no use for Adray. (Unless someone here can convince me)

Anyway, if someone did refuse Adray's help, or not meet him at all, I'd like to know if you did these sequence of events: choose Nel tot ake to Moonbase, recruit Peppita, then go back to Elicoor and fight Albel. He SHOULD ask to join since there's room in the party, but I heard Adray is a required character. I'd just like to know for the second time I go through this game.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, you'll either have an 8th member or not.

The only characters you can choose between are:
Nel Zelpher
Albel Nox
Roger S. Huxley
Peppita

Oh well... Adray is a great fighter nevertheless, so I don't mind having him.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but personally, I'd much rather have Roger than Adray. And since I can't bring myself to not recruit Nel and Albel, I have no choice but to forget about Roger :( .

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I recruited Nel & Albel myself. Albel's infinite combo is quite fun and must be irritating for the enemies, if it wasn't for the Fury Bar and Nel, well she's good at dodging attacks and doing aerial damage without getting hit. I have yet to try Roger and Peppita I refuse to enlist.

Oh and by the way, thanks Kuromimi. I recruited Adray after what you said!
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone else started to synthesize the boots of prowess acessory to weapons?
It has a huge payoff, but it requires soooooo much fol. I blew 3 million like it was nothing :shock:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's why you need to reload if you're wasting more than 5 turns. Also use people who take the cost out of the process. For crafting via specify plan, use Chalico, Stanice, and Sophia/Maria (a total of 35-40% off the price). The synthesis members should be Sophia, Maria, and Mirage. (20% off the total price). I hope you're refining the boots to the limit though.

The boots are better if you synthesize them to a Strong weapon to maximize its attack. When the orichalum trick is no longer useful, this is the best chance you have.

Edit: If you run out of materials, buy them from the Santa Merchant in the Maze of Tribulations.

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I'm new here, and I've never heard of any of the Star Ocean Games, their were 2 games before it right? What systems did they come out for? Anyway, could anyone explain the background of the game enough to not spoil it for a new player? And uh, quick questions, which system is this for, and how much did it cost. I really wanna try this..

Thanks in advance.

Sup?
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arevus wrote:
Hmm, I'm new here, and I've never heard of any of the Star Ocean Games, their were 2 games before it right? What systems did they come out for? Anyway, could anyone explain the background of the game enough to not spoil it for a new player? And uh, quick questions, which system is this for, and how much did it cost. I really wanna try this..

Thanks in advance.

I`ve never played the previous games, but there were two, as you say. One on the SNES and the sequel on the PSX. This one is for the PS2, and it costs about the same as any new game(around $50 in the US, I think..I assume you`re American?). You can probably get it for a bit less on eBay if you`re lucky.

It`s basically a science fiction RPG which takes place about 1000 years into the future. Humankind has colonized a lot of planets, formed a massive interplanetary government, met alien empires, the usual stuff. The game itself plays more like a traditional fantasy RPG, though, since you crash on a primitive planet fairly early in the game and spend most of your time there, as far as I can tell. I`m not that far into the game, though(put it on hold because of the Shadow Hearts series).

The battle system resembes an action RPG. You can run around the battlefield and form combos using various combat skills, activated by pressing the X and O buttons.

It`s a decent game, and I recommend it if you like RPGs. There are a lot of fairly lengthy cutscenes, though most of them have voiceovers. The acting is pretty much okay, with some exceptions(Farleen... XD). This game will never be my favourite, but it`s a good, solid RPG.

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds neat, I wouldn't mind trying it out. Maybe I can rent it at a rental store and see how it is. Thanks.

Sup?
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Gaara, what's Albel's infinite combo? Is that Aura Wall?

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin wrote:
Good enough. :) See, I had no clue what the series was about at all - I just remember wanting to get SO2 because a friend of mine was raving that it was great because of multiple endings and whatnot - except "the graphics sucked" so he decided not to get it. (Of course I loved the first Wild ARMs and its graphics weren't that great either ;P So I wasn't complaining at that point).

I can also see by the description that I knew absolutely close to nothing about the series. Yay for me ;P College freshman, hehe... I could relate there

Your friend needs help, if he/she doesn't play a great game because of its graphics or lack thereof. Besides, Star Ocean 2 had some BEAUTIFUL backgrounds, especially considering it was a relatively early Playstation releases. Star Ocean 2 was incredible when it came to its plot, one of the best RPGs ever. I haven't played the third one yet (I want it desperately, but I'm a college freshman too and I'm ridiculously poor...), but from what I heard it doesn't refer to the second one too much.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SO2 plot: Save the world from a bunch of evildoers.

...How is this such an incredible plot?
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It isn't a very good one, but it's impossible to detail the plot to the point that there are no spoilers, so it's all we can work with. Crono, I know you finished the game, so you know how much deeper it gets the longer you play it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: