Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Star Ocean 3: Till The End Of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:

Angelic, if you don't have Star Ocean 2 you need to get it. Tis a very addicting game. Item creation, memorable characters, leveling up to a possible 255. Not to mention it takes 2 playthroughs at least to get a chance to use all the characters. The bonus dungeon. The point of view from each of the 2 main characters. You have to play through it twice just to have both Claude and Rena as your main main character. Though, small SO 2 spoiler, I wish Leon and Dias could both permanetly be in your party for most of the game. Also in SO 2 getting the Eternal Sphere while still on disc one is fun. Claude with that and the Battle Gear=mass destruction :D .

It's up there with Valkyrie Profile on games I'm currently searching the used piles for. >P When I had actually found a copy of Star Ocean 2 it was very scratched up and the guy at the store didn't want to sell me a defective game and told me the chance of the game being functionally ok was very slim - so I said thanks and didn't get it. *Shrugs* Someday I'll hunt those two down though! :D

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get the feeling I'm getting myself insanely overpowered. I have Fayt's weapon with four Attack +500 and four Defense +50. His armor has eight Defense +10. One hit is dealing about 6,000-7,000 damage. -_-

Finally got the Ring of Disintegration. Gotta say, I'm kind of disappointed with the loot. 80% of the chests contained materials for item creation. I already had 20 of each. At least I completed several maps.

Urssa's Lava Cave was quite a leap in difficulty, but I can handle it. One long-strong attack from Adlay can kill most enemies.

Question. Are the strength berries an amazing item? I'm wondering if I should bother with the Ruins of Mosel portion of Roger's quest. Seems rather difficult. =/
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't feel guilty Kuromimi, I did the same thing. I just got Misty Lear a couple days ago and ever since then I've wasted all my Fol synthesizing Oricahlium to everyone's weapons. Which was a task in itself since I can't seem to be able to choose only three people out of Fayt, Cliff, Nel, Maria, and Albel so I usually end up switching them all around allot.

I just finished the Baar Ruins and I have to complete the Ursa Lava Caves. My guys are all doing around 5000-8000 damage with normal attacks. I hope the game doesn't become too easy. If it does, I guess I can still just give everyone weaker weapons.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found out a nice little trick yesterday that saved me loads of FOL. I fully synthesized orihalcum to a laser weapon i just found, and since everyone in the game can use it, i can just switch it to a any character i want to train. mwahhaha.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this game worth buying because I really enjoyed the 2nd one and I was considering buying it but I wanted to see what you all think :P
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally got my copy yesterday(bought it from eBay), and it seems like a pretty decent RPG so far. I reccommend it if you like RPGs(and preferably science fiction). A lot of the concepts and visuals seemed very similliar to Xenosaga, though...now I`m going to keep mixing up terms between the two. XD

And what`s with those interplanetary "Federations"? Every single sci-fi RPG/series seem to have one, and even use exactly that word.

EDIT: Oh, and I`m not very impressed with the female voice actors so far...they`re so squeaky and high-pitched it`s almost painful to listen to...

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I got a bit further into the game, and actually found not one, but two female voice actors who were more comfortable to listen to. I guess I just got an unlucky start...

Last edited by Gwendal on Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good, I'll buy it next time I get enough cash (just bought Fable) :mrgreen:
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuromimi wrote:

Question. Are the strength berries an amazing item? I'm wondering if I should bother with the Ruins of Mosel portion of Roger's quest. Seems rather difficult. =/

They increase your strength by a few points. Even with the refined Boots of Prowess in the latter part of the game, I don't see how one of these berries make a big difference in battle power. So you aren't missing out Kuromimi.

If anyone's far enough into the game, I'd like to know any good cancel combos out there. Fayt's "weak attack-sidekick-Dimension Door-Sidekick"
and Cliff's "weak attack-Fists of Fury-Acrobat Locus-Fists of Fury" are devastating, but there should be more of them.

Spoiler
I really hated the fact that they mistranslated Cave of Trials for Maze of Tribulations. It has the same background music, there are Metal Funnythiefs/Metal Scumbags, and even Puffy and the Santa Merchant are there.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like aerial to dimension door personally, and Albel's aerial to double slash. But actually, I don't use cancels that much anymore since Fayt's air raid attack just decimates the enemy at 11,000 per hit.

One a side note, I aquired the awesome Bunny Shoes. Yes, they make a comeback! I love this accessory, makes battles so quick and fun :D
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished the Kirlsa Training Facility part. The only thing that's carrying the game for me at the moment is the battles. I wanna improve my skill rather than mashing the buttons. The Chain thing provides a bit of a challenge >3

I just hate the story and dialogue. So stiff.

On another note...I'm surprised the price for SO2 is rising so much on Ebay. There used to be like 20 copies at once, even shrinkwrapped at like $20 each. I'm so glad I bought mine two years ago...
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I found the story and dialogue pretty decent, and much better than I`d expected after reading reviews. It might not be the best in the world, but I`ve seen a lot worse. And the guy playing Fayt seemed pretty natural...again, better than I`d expected. The other voice actors were a mixed bag, as I said earlier. That`s my opinions, at least...but maybe I`m just too easy to please. :P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i'm want it but i'm not getting it because i'm getting sim's two but when i get the chance i thinki'll check it out 8)
(-.-)
C((")(") (Y)
(-.-)
C((")(") (Y)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's bearable, but everyone talks in more or less the same way (dialogue). Too predictable. Haha, I liked Fate's voice too! But I've turned the voices off now.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as voices go, I only have two problems so far.

1. Farleen. Hate her so much. She must die. :evil:

2. The characters voices in battle. I'm not talking about when they say the names of their skills, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the fact that every single game I've played with VO just can't be original. Seriously, the things they say after battle are so cheesy and lame. "That was fun", "That's how you do it", "They weren't even a challenge", "I did it", etc. Can't they think of anything better for them to say!? Maybe something that hasn't already been done 100 times before.

Also, I don't know if it's just my wierd game or something, but when your doing really bad in battle and your party members are dieing left and right, you finish the battle and your guys don't act like it's a big deal? Like yesterday for example. I was fighting with Fayt, Nel, and Cliff and we're getting our asses handed to us right? Anyways, I finish the battle and Fayt says "That was easy". I was like "Not really you moron, we just got the crap kicked out of us."

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's annoying but not really that much of a huge issue. What I hate the most is you die if you're out of MP. That's just ridiculous. Other than that, it's a great game and the verses feature can be annoying but it's fun.

Quick question, how do I get Adray???

***SPOILER****
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-I got him before leaving Elicoor II, but I was told after returning to Elicoor II once the new Executioners arrive, I go to the throne room and talk to the queen. Once I try leaving, Adray appears and permanently joins. Well he isn't appearing!!! :evil:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: