Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Star Ocean 3: Till The End Of Time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windchampionluc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Star Ocean 3: Till The End Of Time Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's coming out tomorrow (well for those in America). So wh will be getting it? I know I will. And once I take a big chunk of tomorrow out to play it, I will report my findings here.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's shipped tomorrow, but the vast majority of people won't get it until Wednesday.

I have it preordered-- looking forward to playing it.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm probably going to get it; be sure to not post any spoilers without clearly marking them, Windchampionluc.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have it reserved, and I got the guide in advance.

So far, this game looks incredible, despite a few gameplay mechanics that sort of bother me (like the ability to MP-kill).
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MP Kill has got to be the most annoying... thing ever implemented in a game. I also don't like the fact that skills consume HP.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will most definitely be getting this game, at the first opportunity for me to do so. I may just have to go up to Future Shop during lunch on Wednesday and see if they've got it in. I've been looking forward to the game for nearly a year now. (At least since I learned about it.)

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics involved, but of the games I have played, I would say what I felt is the most annoying thing (okay, things to ever be implemented in a game is the junction and draw systems in Final Fantasy VIII. So much time is wasted drawing spells during battle, and you have to keep track of which enemies possess what spell once you've run out.

If given the choice, I would gladly have skills consume HP than have to deal with the junction and draw systems again. Final Fantasy VIII seems to have a number of things I dislike, but I still like the game nonetheless... maybe not to the degree of other games in the series, but I can still find some enjoyment out of it, and it deserves props for that.

Does anyone know what the Canadian price for Star Ocean might be?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I also preordered this game, and just got the reminder call from the store. Although they said it would arrive tomorrow evening, I probably won't pick it up until Wednesday. I've been eager to play this game for a long time, and I have been furiously absorbed in SO2 the past week preparing for this upcoming epic.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Windchampionluc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
I'm probably going to get it; be sure to not post any spoilers without clearly marking them, Windchampionluc.

Oh I've gotten into the habit of marking my Spoilers. Most likely I'll only mention who is good and who isn't (fighting wise)

@ Lebenegel, I know that some won't get it until Wednesday. A store near me also posted that. But I sure as heck will be getting it tomorrow.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will definetly be getting this game and i am going to wait for the European Release which is in about a months time because we are getting a bonus DVD containing extra goodies!
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been waiting for the game since it was first confirmed that they were makeing it. I have it pre-ordered and I plan to get a guide too if I can. Hopefully there will still be some left.

If you ask me, I like the thought of MP kills. I've heard allot of people say that it's the hardest RPG they've ever played. And all I can say is: it's about time. I'm getting so sick of all these no brain, button mashing games out there right now. I can't even remember the last time I played a hard RPG. And with Item Creation, multiple endings, Battle Collections, etc. this game is going to take me a long time to finish.

Oh, and I agree Elc. Draw/Junction system has to be the worst thing ever created in a game. Just plain borng and tedious.

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want a hard game, play any of the Persona games, or wait for Shin Megami Tensei to come out. The personas are tough, but I've heard that SMT will possibly be the hardest RPG to come to the US from Japan.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excalibur1027 wrote:
I'm getting so sick of all these no brain, button mashing games out there right now. I can't even remember the last time I played a hard RPG. And with Item Creation, multiple endings, Battle Collections, etc. this game is going to take me a long time to finish.

You know there are Single Character challenges, Low Level challenges and lots of other things you can try to make it harder? But I agree that a lot of RPGs are a bit on the easy side...

Excalibur1027 wrote:
Oh, and I agree Elc. Draw/Junction system has to be the worst thing ever created in a game. Just plain borng and tedious.

Those who claim this usually don`t know that it`s hardly neccessary to draw a single spell during the entire game...just play cards and refine them to get everything you need. The problem with the Junction system is that it`s horribly broken. It`s so easy to become ridiculously powerful right at the start of the game...I mean, you can get Tornados and Curagas without even leaving Balamb Island...

BUT...to get back on topic: I`ve never played any of the Star Ocean games. They`re RPGs, right? It`d be nice if someone who has played them could tell me a bit more about them...maybe I`ll buy it if it seems good. Thanks in advance! :)

And yes, I know I could check reviews and stuff, but I`d like some more personal opinions as well.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im going to be getting it the day it comes out which is tommorow as I have been waiting for this game since the day that Star Ocean two came out in North America. I have played the Japanese version for a bit and I loved every second of it though I couldnt understand a single word of it since when has that ever been the point of it? It's a truly great game and to say that I am excited about it would certainly be an understatement if there ever was one. You could say that I am holding back my excitement to not seem too much of a tool for this game which i am not no matter what anyone might think. :o

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already have it paid off. have it done for about a month now. I will pick it up after work tommorrow. As for the guide i am going to sell my bad copy of suikoden 3 and 2 of my less desirable dvds (spiderman and musketeer). Game looks good 2 was great after all and so1 was nothing short of spectacular. Now if only Growlanser Generations wpuld get here....

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be getting it. It's just a question of when. It could be as early as tomorrow, it could be as late as months from now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: