Suikoden United and Infamous Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where do you guys get time to play games nowadays?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My time in playing video games is limited at the moment. I'm not really limited because of being in a situation where I can't do anything about it, but I limit myself from playing much video games nowadays.

School tends to eat up much of my time. Although I'm supposed to be free to do whatever I want on weekends, that is no longer the case anymore. Chemistry and Math getting harder, and teachers being saddistic more than ever by giving out tons of projects doesn't help out that much either.

This also explains why I have a lot of unfinished games lying around my room. Man, I should really take a long break from schoolwork and such. Let's see how my schedule lightens up when 3rd year finishes after a couple more months.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes lately I haven't had as much time to video games as I'd like, but it's probably best that way. I haven't bought any new games in a while, it's saving me money and I'm not spending the time on the games. Although one game I expect will take up a bit of my time is Final Fantasy XII, which is going to absorb me for a while, I can forsee it already. However, in between now and the Europe release of it, I am free to go about my normal more important business, which is a relief.

Vince Muerto wrote:
Playing tons of games is easy: just neglect all other things such as school work and social life. Those things aren't as important.

They're not?! Okay, whatever you say, I'll just go buy about ten games and you wont see me for about three years or so.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really haven't been playing much of games these days. I'll play Socom online a bit, and I played a little bit of Front Mission 4 today, but other than that I don't do much other than eating and sleeping. When I do want to play a game, I generally stay up until 5 a.m. or so.

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, now that I'm on vacation, at least for a few more days; I have a lot of free time to play.

Bad thing is I use it to go to the beach and stuff like that, and going to clubs, and just being plain manly.

Though I am playing VP2 like right now. Got Suikoden V hanging over there though, I am another one of those who hate new game + and refuse to use a guide to get everything so... I'll probably see the good ending around 2008. :P
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get to play games basically only during school breaks and that's only if I have the desire to play them at all. We're not talking 3-day weekends either; mostly spring break, winter break and so on so that I have the time for the game playing desire to burn out.

During the school year, I try my darndest not to play anything on the off chance I will actually want to play it. I have a hard enough time trying to get my schoolwork done as it is without a game sitting there tempting me. If I do get pulled into playing a game, then everything goes to hell school-wise.

So yeah, school breaks when I have nothing to worry about class-wise.

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get time to play games during days off work after work for three hours and on vacation time so iget a lot of time to play games as much as i want too. I try and play them for about five or six hours no more then that or i will get sore and start to fall a sleep from looking at the tv so long and i have other stuff i must do to or i will get yell at for not doing them or they call me a lazy ass and stop wasting my time playing games all the time if i do so i have to stop playing sometimes but other then that i get the time too play them.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently restricted to playing.............ONLY DURING WINTER AND SUMMER BREAKS T_T

but IF I have say winter break then POOF goes the whole winter break technically

I rather grow old and have 1 hour...NEIGH!
Even a half hour a day of gaming then to go through these LOOOOOOOOOOOONG stretches of not being able to TOUCH a game or controller....

You do not know the true tortures of being a hard-core as up-to-date as possible video gamer who is restricted from being around video games for most of the year!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rarely have time to play video games at the moment, seeing as how I'm in school fve times in a week. Friday nights are out of the question since I'm mostly out on them. Saturdays always see me going somewhere buying stuff or watching DVDs, or at rare times, making dinner. Sunday is really the only free day I have, and I spend half of the day napping, the other half browsing the Net.

Which is why I only play a game or two of FIFA 07 in a week. ;)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well now in days, weekends and breaks basically. I don't know if I'm either very good and efficient at beating video games, or I get all the buy all the simple lame ass ones, but I usually beats games in a matter of three to four weekends.

Also, on weekdays when there isn't much time to do much, I play a quick session of Halo 2 or Smash Bro's melee.

I notice that my gaming time went down ever since I joined suikox. Which makes sense I suppose, on the account of the forums are so damn time consuming. :p

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only during weekends and holiday breaks...
but i don't even know what to play lately since there's nothing new :(
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I really, really, really want to play a game, I'll sacrifice some DVD watching time in order to play one. Typically this only happens when there's a new Suikoden game comes out though. For the most part, I only can find time whenever I have all my DVDs watched, which hasn't happened in months.

~Uguu!~
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Back in junior high, I found time to play nearly every day. Now that I am finishing up college, I usually only play during the weekends, unless I am on break. Like every one else, it's really hard to set time aside to play games. Even when I gear up to play something over the course of a weekend, I'll usually get people coming over to play multiplayer Gears of War or Rainbow Six: Vegas (which eats up an entire evening).

I have so many games lying around that I haven't finished and the whole idea of playing has become something of a chore in my mind. Since the games have piled up, it's almost like trying to go back to homework after procrastinating for an entire week or month.

Still, I have had moments reminiscent of my earlier years in that I have pulled all-nighters playing certain games. While occasionally fun, I'm not really a fan of waking up at 3 P.M. so it rarely happens.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only buy 2-4 games per year (only Final Fantasy XII and Suikoden V in 2006), and when I do it's never right away on release. I like to try and time my big games during the lulls in my schedule (like SV at the start of summer and FF12 at the start of Xmas break). If it stretches past those lulls, I'm one of those types who has to beat the game, so I make time for it. 15 hours of class per week during school is laughable (since I take English and speed read, I can usually do all of my weekly reading in about an hour a day), and if I have a game that's captured me (as FFXII has right now), I'll play until I beat it. Most of my time this past weekend was spent with FFXII, and if I'm really into a game then I have no problems having a quiet night in on a Friday; the friends, the girls, the drinking and laughter, it isn't going anywhere, but the desire to play a game doesn't always last.

I also agree that games these days are so big and complex these days that they're rarely worth beating more than once, but I like New Game+. Some of the secrets are lame, but trust me; Chrono Cross makes a ton more sense if you can see all of the story sequences in eight house opposed to 50. I only beat SV once, I didn't fill the SOD and my last boss party was only LV 60. I started a New Game + but I just couldn't do it. I use GameFAQS, but only if I'm stuck or I want to get some cool-ass secrets. Most of these games aren't too hard as far as getting stuck is concerned (FF and Zelda for example are getting more linear each game), so it's mostly the secrets. I'm gonna have to do some lame sidequest for the Chaos esper tomorrow and I don't look forward to it.

Then you have the 'party games'; your Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Dr. Mario, etc. I like these games, but I'm not as adamant as I am about the RPGs. It's rare, but if I have no RPG to play I'll play them alone, but I'd conservatively estimate that 90% of the time when I play a 'party' game it's with other people, so it's like a social thing. I try to stay away from the MMOs because I know how addictive they are, and if I want to socialize online I can just come in here. I also hope for the money to start coming in heavy from a one-time payout so then I could party all night and game all day.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
I notice that my gaming time went down ever since I joined suikox. Which makes sense I suppose, on the account of the forums are so damn time consuming. :p

Indeed, Jorge. Ever since I joined this site, my gaming time has been decreased remarkably. Back then, when I had no idea that this site existed, I used to play up to 8 hours in a day non-stop. Of course, that was because I had no other stuff to do and I pretty have much all the time in the world. But now that I have been here, I realized that my gaming time has been reduced to about a couple of hours or less. The forums are very time consuming, indeed. Not that I'm complaining about it though. :wink:
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have'nt really the time to play as of the moment, I am always stuck to my computer making reports and projects and such and man do I hate it.

*sigh* I wish I had more time to play. Being busy is a pain in the ass :(

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: