Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Questions regarding Luc...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Questions regarding Luc... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few queries about Luc. If there's official answers to my questions, i'd be glad to know of them. If there isn't opinions would be good as well...

When did Luc go and rescue Sarah? I mean, how many years did Sarah spend with Luc and Leknaat?

What prompted Luc to actually obtain that vision about the stagnant world and when, and is that vision actually true?

How on earth did Luc manage to be a bishop without revealing his face? According to SARS character list, it was through Hikusaak, and Sasarai mentioned that Chief bishop sasarai gave instructions for Luc to be made Bishop. But how EXACTLY? I mean, Hikusaak is supposed to have not been seen for a long time... And why would Hikusaak let Luc be a bishop? Does Hikusaak know it's luc? If he does, it becomes all more contradicting. So well, how did Luc convince the one temple to make him bishop?

Did Luc and Yuber recognise each other when Yuber was summoned?

What happened to Luc's wind rod? Did he ditch it for that magic shooting weapon thingy?

WHy would Luc trust Albert to aid his cause? I mean, Albert is human. So he most certainly wouldn't want to blow up along with the continent. Sarah loved Luc and Yuber probably won't die. But how can Luc trust Albert that he won't try and foil his plans like what happened towards the end of S3? I mean, Luc should know that once Albers has acheived his goal of fame, he would ditch Luc and stop him from blowing up the continent. Afterall, with the continent blown up, it means he dies as well... So the thing is, why on earth did Luc even trust Albert? Is he stupid or what?
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

how many years did Sarah spend with Luc and Leknaat?

about 7. Sassari new that it was Luc in S2 it showed they sence each other also when he became a Bishop Sassri sent Nash.
Quote:

Did Luc and Yuber recognise each other when Yuber was summoned
Of couse that's why he was summoned he needed Yuber's power.
He never trusted Albert it was means to an end Luc new the Silverbergs Albert and his grandfather are like mercs.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you know that Luc wasn't supposed to die in S3? It burns me to no end that Konami could throw a game out of perspective just be editing the little things such as:

Luc dying.

No Sasarai chapter. Instead they had the Koroku running around chapter.(You couldn't even leave Budehuc as Koroku.)

Story pacing was off. Notice how chapters 4 and 5 go way too fast.

If I missed anything, please tell me.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions regarding Luc... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
What prompted Luc to actually obtain that vision about the stagnant world and when, and is that vision actually true?

Probably with his level of mastery and affinity over his rune, the visions eventually came on their own. Or maybe Leknaat taught him how to have visions as part of his training.

Quote:
How on earth did Luc manage to be a bishop without revealing his face? According to SARS character list, it was through Hikusaak, and Sasarai mentioned that Chief bishop sasarai gave instructions for Luc to be made Bishop. But how EXACTLY? I mean, Hikusaak is supposed to have not been seen for a long time... And why would Hikusaak let Luc be a bishop? Does Hikusaak know it's luc? If he does, it becomes all more contradicting. So well, how did Luc convince the one temple to make him bishop?

Probably he returned to Hikusaak and told him he was the "true rune vessel", and in exchange to remain in Harmonia, he wanted power and authority, and remain anonymous.

Quote:
Did Luc and Yuber recognise each other when Yuber was summoned?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on if they actually met at some point during the wars they were involved in.

Quote:
What happened to Luc's wind rod? Did he ditch it for that magic shooting weapon thingy?

Maybe he got the ring thinger as part of his new charge. Much like Jowy leaving his staff when he became King.

Quote:
WHy would Luc trust Albert to aid his cause? I mean, Albert is human. So he most certainly wouldn't want to blow up along with the continent. Sarah loved Luc and Yuber probably won't die. But how can Luc trust Albert that he won't try and foil his plans like what happened towards the end of S3? I mean, Luc should know that once Albers has acheived his goal of fame, he would ditch Luc and stop him from blowing up the continent. Afterall, with the continent blown up, it means he dies as well... So the thing is, why on earth did Luc even trust Albert? Is he stupid or what?

My guess is, he didn't trust him entirely, but had no choice. Albert was the best strategist he could find, aside from Leon himself, and no one else would agree to join his cause.

edit: fixed some coding mistakes.

All the way to the edge of this world

Last edited by Alseid on Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Did you know that Luc wasn't supposed to die in S3?

There is no proof of that, nor of a Sassari chapter. People assumed Luc should have survived and that is why Murayama left. Likewise about Sassari, they felt that if Luc had a chapter, then so should Sassari. There is no evidence saying that Luc was originally intended to live.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

come on, you miss Luc's "Marshmellow on a stick of doom"?
wasn't suppose to die huh? there is only one way to find out, squeeze info from Murayama!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc and Yuber probably recognized each other on sight, but Yuber doesn't care for his master anyway. He's simply there to cause destruction and chaos.

As for his "marshmallow on a stick"...perhaps he finished making his S'MOREs?

Luc accepted Albert only because he needed Albert's unique gifts. I doubt he trusted him at all anyway. Notice that Luc never leaves him alone (that I remember)...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
When did Luc go and rescue Sarah? I mean, how many years did Sarah spend with Luc and Leknaat?

I'd assume they found her between the time of Suikoden 1 and 2...Sarah looks to be either late teens-early 20's...who knows really...is there any real age for her by Konami? Plus the final ending pic shows Sarah as a young child while Luc has his present day haircut and clothes...did he drop the green and white robe outfit shortly after 2?

Besides, Luc knew about his origins in Suikoden 2 and he never brought it, or Sasarai up in 1...as seen before...Luc prolly started to really resent his only life from there on out and spent those years with Leknaat training up Sarah from childhood...I dunno..how smart was Luc at 17?...cuz when he's dying he states that "I might have wanted your powers too"...so...Luc was scheming for awhile...Just look at what he says in 2...

he was right, Sasarai didnt like the answer...which he showed by hurling all over the Crystal Palace floor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions regarding Luc... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:

There's no official info about this, but seeing how young Sarah looked in that ending picture, it's likely she was with Luc and Leknaat for about 15-14 years. Sarah is 19 during Suikoden 3, and the picture made her look about 4 or 5 years old.
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahh, so I was close...nice. I'm sticking by my theory that Luc learned of his origins at the same time they got Sarah sometime in the 3 years between S1 and S2.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarah should have already been with them when Luc learnt of his origins... Anyway since SARSadmin didn't answer any of the other queries, i suppose there really isn't any definite answers for them... Bah...
Borus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always wondered...It seems like Leknaat is so serene in her outward behavior. I don't think I've ever seen a scene where she shouts or yells. Makes me wonder what kind of storm is brewing inside of her.

I'm one of those Leknaat can do no wrong kind of fans, personally, so she probably did teach Luc high mastry of it. I'd have to side with her on the whole thing, in that she's human enough to attempt to stop Luc from going off to do disastrous things, and to bless his soul despite his madness. She saw the good in him no matter what. (Guess it pays to have a stepmother who is Executor of the Balance and cares for you, doesn;t it?) Either way, maybe it was the intensity of a former owner that sort of 'Possessed' him to go so heinously insane.

When I think of the wind, as opposed to the other ancient elements attributed to the runes, I'd have to think that Luc was very symbiotic to the whole thing. Wind is slow at some times, and lightning fast when roused. It erodes the earth, spreads out the water, and blows out the fire, but then subsides again.

I don;t know, though. Its a tragedy that he has to die, and an even bigger one to see what he has to see (Even if it was just someone else's skewed vision of the future, read to him through his rune.)

For God's sake Jeanne! Where were you when the guy needed you?
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stepmother? You make it sound like she married Hikusaak or something. XD
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More like foster mother than stepmother...
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Regrs wrote:
Stepmother? You make it sound like she married Hikusaak or something. XD

Who knows? o.O
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: