Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Next Tenkai weapon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the next Suikoden hero could wield a traditional single sword...I think he/she in fact could wield the Zodiac Sword, which in effect would double as a True Rune (with the game itself centering around the Night Rune).
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duke Gallison wrote:
I think the next Suikoden hero could wield a traditional single sword...I think he/she in fact could wield the Zodiac Sword, which in effect would double as a True Rune (with the game itself centering around the Night Rune).

Maybe, if they once again keep to the past timeline, we could learn why it was sealed for so long. Or why exactly the link between the Sun and Night Rune was broken. That would also ensure Zerase would be involved, as she seems to have a link with the Sun and Night Runes and their balance.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duke Gallison wrote:

That sounds pretty nice.

If they infact did this, perhaps we could learn some more about how it came to be in that cave in scarlet moon.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would only like the idea of a Tenkai possessing the Night Rune if it was, indeed, in Rune form. I couldn't see the Tenkai arguing with that egotistical sword for 99% of the game! Whether this is before or after the cave at Qlon, doesn't really matter to me!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
I would only like the idea of a Tenkai possessing the Night Rune if it was, indeed, in Rune form. I couldn't see the Tenkai arguing with that egotistical sword for 99% of the game! Whether this is before or after the cave at Qlon, doesn't really matter to me!

You know, that egoistical talking sword is probably what would talk to the wearer of the Night Rune itself, as the Zodiac Sword is nothing but the manifestation of the Night Rune. A normal sword can't talk after all. Now imagine the kind of conversations that would go inside the mind of the bearer of the Night Rune. That could drive anyone insane, haha.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was of the impression that true runes don't talk in their normal form, but rather transmit thoughts or images into the mind of the bearer. More of an empathic communication. This would be much more tolerable than the talking that the sword does, though, yes, they would be the same 'mind' behind whatever form of communication.

Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about a Tenkai that is a real magician? This does not mean that the attacks would need to be poor, the Tenkai could have magical type physical attacks that dished out pretty much the same damage as with previous melee fighting heroes. This could also explain, for once, why the Tenkai is usually very strong with magic, too. The physical nature of his attacks could still be kept, for example with a ring that enhances punches or a rod that spreads an arc of magical energy when swung.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or, perhaps, a warrior mage, like Flik, Alen, Grenseal, etc. I think that would be a good idea!

El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't the closest thing of a Warrior Mage Geddoe? He was enough of a beast with his Regular Lightning/Thunder Rune and even more so with his True Lightning.

But It really does sound like a good idea to have a Hero that's a little more into Magic. Actually, I half expected Prince Frey to be like that considering his looks. But alas, his Rune wasn't exactly great.
LynxWare

Red Sabers

68383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say something heavy also,
Maby a halbred or poleaxe.Or they could go way out there and give him a bowgun!!
That would be awsome!!! LOL
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arn't all Tenkai's warrior/mages? The story focuses on the true runes they bear, which are powerful magical artifacts.

I hate you Onimaru.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There hasn't been a single tenkai who's a pure mage, in the Luc kind of sense. And yeah, they are all Warrior Mages, since the True Runes give them magical power, though they ussually aren't too strong in elemental magic outside of their True Rune's realm.

True Runes bearers like Chris and Hugo weren't even that skilled in their own element (Chris was the most mediocre of them, followed closely by Hugo).
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a big fan of blunt-edged weapons, so I'd prefer to see that tradition continue. I've been known to purchase a martial arts weapon or two on occasion, when something catches my eye. My latest acquisition was a pair of clear-acrylic nunchakus, with a black dragon design on both handles. Having said that, I think a pair of traditional nunchakus could make for a sweet weapon for our next Tenkai. They might not be fancy, but definitely very effective.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BlackKnightYuber wrote:
I'm a big fan of blunt-edged weapons, so I'd prefer to see that tradition continue. I've been known to purchase a martial arts weapon or two on occasion, when something catches my eye. My latest acquisition was a pair of clear-acrylic nunchakus, with a black dragon design on both handles. Having said that, I think a pair of traditional nunchakus could make for a sweet weapon for our next Tenkai. They might not be fancy, but definitely very effective.

I think nunchaukus will be forever associated with Michelangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles!

I like the blunt weapons too, I wouldn't even mind seeing another quarterstaff, but if Konami is going to continue that trend then I suggest they start digging up all the historical blunt weapons they can find. A nice big maul would be sweet, but I highly doubt they would go for that.

I hate you Onimaru.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:

I think nunchaukus will be forever associated with Michelangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles!

I like the blunt weapons too, I wouldn't even mind seeing another quarterstaff, but if Konami is going to continue that trend then I suggest they start digging up all the historical blunt weapons they can find. A nice big maul would be sweet, but I highly doubt they would go for that.

Heroes in a half-shell! Ha-ha! Yeah, you're probably right about that. In fact, I believe the TMNT were my first real introduction to the weapon known as the nunchaku. ;) But in all seriousness, nunchakus are one of the more traditional blunt-edged weapon choices that Konami hasn't used yet. Though, I suppose Prince Freyjadour's tri-staff qualifies as close enough.

Good suggestion to Konami, as well. They're going to have to come up with a pretty long list of blunt-edgers to continue the trend, unless they start recycling Tenkai weaponry from past games. A maul would be pretty cool. Maybe even something as simple as a pair of kali-sticks would work (think Sonya from the PS2 Mortal Kombats). Of course, I wouldn't really mind the occasional sharp weapon. There are more choices than just the stereotypical RPG-hero sword, after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: