Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Extra scene in S2 and some questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed he was talking about Leknaat, the fact that she was blind, never really bothered me. ^_^

As was said, I don't really believe that any of the times they were really talking about the characters eyes, just the hope, and unity that the people inspired, I though Leknaat inspired hope in Luc, and thats why I always figured it was Leknaat.

But I do suppose it could easily have been Riou or Tir, but I would say Riou, becuase more people comment on the unity that he inspies, and how it resembles Genkaku, ect.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If its one of Tir and Riou, I would think its Tir.

First, like Kobold said, the Gate Rune War was a larger and longer war. (Gate Rune War took 3 years and the Dunan Unification War took about 1 year) Luc hang around in the Toran Castle much longer than in Dunan. And Luc joined the army earlier in Suikoden 1 too, He was the 8th star that joined. In Suikoden 2 he was 25th something.
The possibility of Tir befriending Luc is higher than Riou.

Plus, Luc was more innocent in Suikoden 1. He was a brat, but at least he was a happy brat in Suikoden 1. (happily dropping Golems on people :D) In Suikoden 2, he just wasnt interested in anything. He had been in a war before, and he was old enough to start thinking on his own. He was trying to push everything and everyone away. The only thing that he showed emtion to is Sasarai. He told Sasarai when Sasarai asked him who he is, that Sasarai would know that some day, whether he likes it or not. I think Luc already planned to find a way to destroy the True Rune at that time. If the above is true, then that probably means Luc had already given up in Suikoden 2.
So if Luc ever looked up to any of the heroes, it would most likely be Tir.

And I dont like Riou :P

Or, like I said before, it could be a translation mistake, maybe Luc said "some people" instead of "someone" (maybe someone that has the Japanese version tell us that)

The reason I dont think its Leknaat, its because Leknaat herself have stressed that she is the "keeper of balance", and so she cant interfere directly with the wars. What Luc wanted is a change, breaking the cycle set by the True Rune, so I doubt he would entrust his dream of defying fate to Leknaat.

EDIT: stupid typos...

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's implied that he was talking about both Tir and Riou. Of course, there's not going to be any script explaining that, but in all sense, I don't really see the length of a war being a factor in recognizing the ability to have others follow you. Luc probably placed hope in both the heroes and not just any particular one. Later, near the end of Suikoden 3, at the ritual site Albert asks Luc if he's hesitating or having a change of heart because the Fire Bringer are outside and he's silent. Luc responds by saying something along the lines of "They just reminded me of people I knew long ago".

It doens't seem like he'd put one hero over another. Just as he makes no distinction on who the Fire Bringer reminds him of. He was reminded of his allies and how his hope lied with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: