Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

That !@#$ing twit (saileeds discussion spoils)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: That !@#$ing twit (saileeds discussion spoils) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That F@#$ing twit Saileeds betrayed me during the game. Was anyone else mad at her and was glad she died during the game. What a b!@#. I knew it too. When I first saw her picture with the TGS releases last year I thought shes gotten bad guy written all over her. I knew I would fight her. But it still ticked me off.

Anyways just want to know what you guys thought of her betrayal.

And by the way, what was her reason for doing it anyway. Was it only revenge against Lecretia or what?
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: That !@#$ing twit (saileeds discussion spoils) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
That F@#$ing twit Saileeds betrayed me during the game. Was anyone else mad at her and was glad she died during the game. What a b!@#. I knew it too. When I first saw her picture with the TGS releases last year I thought shes gotten bad guy written all over her. I knew I would fight her. But it still ticked me off.

Anyways just want to know what you guys thought of her betrayal.

And by the way, what was her reason for doing it anyway. Was it only revenge against Lecretia or what?

LOL!Why dont you just be grateful for this wonderful plot twist?!Just complete the game and enjoy every minute of it instead of asking question you should find answers for yourself.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, seeing as this is a Sialeeds thread, this question is best posed here....

I have Oboro and I am into doing his investigations. I just got the HQ and I want to investigat Sialeeds before she.. you know... so I told Oboro to investigate. But after two investigations, he refuses to do the third.

Will I be able to do the third eventually? (I have a similar problem with Kyle, he only has one investigation, but I assume after the Lelcar events I'll be able to see his 2nd and third investigations)

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me I got Oboro to do her 3rd investigation just before...it happened...but when I returned after the event to check the results all the investigation said was that the character had left the castle. So yes the third investigation becomes available.

Lorelai's another one, you need Killey's first investigation to do her third.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds' motivation needed to be explained more. I still don't have any idea why she suddenly starts giggling like an evil villain. Was it the run affecting her? The way she acted after joining Godwin was very out-of-character for her. She was never like that before...

^Actual quote!
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
*laugh*!Why dont you just be grateful for this wonderful plot twist?!Just complete the game and enjoy every minute of it instead of asking question you should find answers for yourself.

Actually I loved the plot twist, it's just....I hate it when people betray me!!
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the most revealing line for her was when Gizel mentioned her switching sides right after she returned with Lym and she said something to the effect of, "I never changed..."
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the best explanation (edit- I should say most interesting explanation, actually) I've seen about it was that she wanted to completely destroy the influence of the Godwins, and if the war ended with the Princess reuniting with the Prince the Godwins would have still have had been able to maintain some base of power, however diluted it may be. While I think this still has some small consistency issues, it's about the best one theory I've seen so far. Far better than what I could come up with anyway.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gotten far enough in the game to discuss on this.

For me I thought she wanted to not only elimante Godwin's power, but Barows as well. Besides being angry towards Gizel, during the game she got really angry with Salum and Euram for hiding the Dawn Rune in their mansion, as well as when Euram schemed the "double prince" in Sable. I guess you could say she got tired of the nobility aspect in Falena so she wanted to get rid of them both. Still it was werid when she got mad at the Prince, though it was probably because she hated Lucretia.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds' whole motivation can be boiled in to not having faith in the Prince. She didn't think that the Prince could tear down the nobility's hegemony on Falenan power, so she took the two largest factions and had them fight until nothing was left. Prolonging the conflict resulted in a complete and total destruction of the Godwin and Barows' power bases as well as their standing House troops, thus achieving her goal in the end.

Not that I blame her. I wouldn't let the Prince lead me to the 7-11.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is a very good explanation from Sars from gamefaqs:

Quote:
Her intention is scattered throughout the game, and you won't get the whol epicture unless you talk with a bunch of people.

Basically, she wanted to make sure all of the corrupt nobility was wiped out without forcing Lymsleia or the Prince to dirty their hands. By killing Salum as the "person who betrayed the prince," she can shift the blame for the killing onto the Godwins, instead of forcing Lym and the Prince to have to live with the influence of the Barows (or with the stigma of having "purged" their opposition).

Gizel also played along with Sialeeds' plan, because he himself really didn't care about his father's vision. Towards the end, all of his strategies are aimed at making sure the Godwins look bad, and even manages to make sure the New Armes Kingdom has their pro-invasion politicians silenced. That's what I interpret from Gizel's comment about how he is glad Shula didn't do anything at Estrise, because Shula's clan (along with the King of Armes) is pro-Falena.

That's probably why Gizel decided to stay in the palace after he heard of the death if Sialeeds. He really loved her, although Sialeeds probably just used him.

However, I agree that Konami could have made all this a bit more clear. Also, if my speculation is true, then we really don't have a real enemy in Suikoden V, because in that case the enemy would have been actively trying to defeat itself (because Marscal pretty much allowed Gizel to do as he wished).

It makes Suikoden V even more interesting. It's almost as if, although the war was very tragic, it was very necassary for the future of the country.

Most suikodens are about this fact. The down fall of Kooluk, the Scarlet Moon Empire and Highland.
Cohkka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just confused about the silver hair. What's the deal there?
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think she dyed it that color.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite the opposite. She, Arshtat, and Haswar all have the same color. Sialeeds dyes her hair blonde just because she feels like it. It really does look better than her natural color, anyway. So it's a good change.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually loved her silver hair. I wonder why they gave Lymsleia brown hair though? Just to set her apart from the rest of the royals?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: