Suikoden Unique and Informational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lorelai (SPOILERS)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Lorelai (SPOILERS) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the night before the first battle against Lymsleia.. during the night before the major battle ahead, if you talk to Lorelai, she will say something like " Where am I from? I'm from an island out on the Easteen sea and I'm the last of the Sindar race?"

Is it ever really confirm whether she is actually a Sindar or is she just lying? she is from Falena for sure, right?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She said she is joking right after that.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She also says she may not be kidding, but considering her clumsiness and knack for falling into traps, it seems like it was a joke.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the Japanese version, she only says, "I was kidding." No idea why they added the extra crap in the NA version. It certainly makes things a lot more complicated in terms of rumor control.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's probably this one guy at Konami who doesn't like you, so he adds little things to the localizations that makes your work in the fandom that much more difficult.

Where's the Zexen Rune, again?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they might have wanted to keep the a joking tone, and felt maybe was the best way to do so.

Either that or they're evil.

Leb, there's no proof that Sindars aren't klutzes.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, but they should at least know their own traps. That's be like the dude from Thunderball falling into his own pool of sharks.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if she were the descendent of them, technically she wouldn't have set them herself. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say the fact that in the Japanese version she only says She's joking I suppose I'd go with it being some kind of silly lie she made up. Though, V did make it seem liek she was looking for something specific...which could go towards the her being a sindar theory.

Auuuugh. I thought V would clear up stuff with Killey and Lorelai. Instead it seems to have just made the two all the more confusing. x.x

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured it might be a joke, I mean if she really was a Sindar, she would'nt be in such pursuit of knowledge of them, I suppose.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It probably is a joke, but Lorelai doesn't exactly strike me as the joking type. The only real joke about Lorelai is her choice of bringing a whip as her weapon into a national war... and she wonders why I didn't take her seriously, it wasn't cause she's a girl.

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see the problem with that. I mean, let's say you're in camp, and you want to get yourself a beer, but it's way over there. The guy with the sword will have to walk over, which will tire him out. Then when he's tired from the walking, enemy assassins murder him. Not so the whipmaster.

Besides, you're complaining about weapon choice in a game where it makes perfect sense for the titular leader of your army to use a weapon that requires him to RUN DIRECTLY UP TO his enemy and hit them. And it doesn't even have an edge, thus making it virtually useless against anyone in armor.

If you wanted realistic weapon choices, the Prince and the Queen's Knights would be riding around mounted, stabbing their enemies from behind the grunts with spears.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I have to say, I agree with you on that, Stampede.

I mean.. a whip it is'nt at all bad compared to a Book, which is Alerzerd's (sp?) weapon of choice, I mean, realistically too, that book would have to be made out of steel or something to be as effective.

Anyway on topic, I did'nt really suspect Lorelai to be a Sindar, if anyone being a potenial Sindar it would have to be Killey, my reason for saying that is, as Sars said in a thread awhile back when he got the game, that Killey seems more into protecting the Sindar secrets then pursuing them, it could be that he may be of Sindarian descent?
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see Lorelai as a Sindar also, but Viki... who knows? I am wondering on what people think on their bath scene. Viki had apparently accidently help Lorelai before, but it's not remembered, which leads me to believe 2 things could have happened. Either Viki came back at a later time in her future, or it was little Viki.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikogaiden 2 explains what happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: