Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

General "What would you want?" Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

first i want them to bring back those FUN (and i emphasize on that word) minigames they have already invented from previous games. chinchirorin was somewhat fun for me (but please not use it to recruit a star of destiny) the cooking game from s2 (but place some more interactions, not just choosing what to cook, etc.) and the fishing game from s5 (w00t! that pwned yam koo's/s4's whoever he is fishing games)

also i want to see characters that will become fan favorites for future titles. remember the tandem viktor and flik? maybe they can make characters (new ones) and somehow develop them and make them fan faves. i really think the series needs a new set of these.

the loading times and camera angles of s5. i want those fixed. gave me a hard time navigating and those loading screens annoy the crap out of me.

thats all thats gotten into my head for now. i might remember some other things that i might add some other time. :D
trash

Orange Company

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wat i wud REALLY want NOW?

a PS3 version of s1 and s2, full 3D with more side-quests , some new minor battles with skills implemented.

FF7 will have the treatment, why not the twohave the same, or even just s2??

-Million Dollar Baby
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I have a list of things i want for s6. After reading about 30+ reviews while browsing the net of Suikoden V, i have some things i have to agree on with them. These are some of the major issues people have problems with.

+ A Tutorial System
Let's face it, if you want people to buy the product, they must know fully well how things work around the thing. Sure, there may be those handy hints in the small booklet but not many would refer to that after every step they make. Newbies are having a problem adjusting to the game and they need an interactive way of learning.

+ Graphic Animation
Suikoden V had a major improvement from the blocks from Suikoden III and the blandness of S4, however, there are still some kinks that have to be fixed. The FMVs look great and hopefully, this time, they won't walk around like disjointed wooden puppets. Though i have to say it's still pretty good right now, it could be improved.

+ Camera Angles
Yes, we know you want them back to either the 360° angle or the S1 & 2 close overhead angle. I just find that some games are very much affected by camera angles, so S6 should have either of the aforementioned two...

+ Shorter Intros
I really miss the way S2 would just get into some action in the start of the game. Surely you'd want the story to develop since it is important, but just watching it envelop in front of you while you do nothing but walk around can be tiresome. Maybe this time, the game would provide both entertainment and incentive to the story. Though it may be cliché, it would satisfy the impatient ones.

+ Size of the Fields
Sure, there's always a good thing to big maps, but some spaces are unused or aren't necessary. As a programmer of games, myself (although small-scale) i know how lagging large maps can be to a system and needs all the support. I guess that's where the SV loading problem comes from, huh?

+ Loading Transition
We all know this. Now to move on...

+Mp Recovery Dilemma
Yes, we know Suikoden has the tradition of having to rest at an inn for the games way of instanly revitalizing MP, but it could do with the Mixed Herbs that we found do useful in S4. Though they should make it rare enough so that we can only use them at times of great need, that way, people like Marina or Hilda don't run out of business...

+ The Castle's Architecture
Lots of the reviews mentioned how it would be more interesting to see another castle similar to that of North Window in Suikoden II. Where the shops are separate to the castle and have more free space to move in. Surely, this'll make it more like a place you'd want to live in, huh?

EDIT: To add

+ Familiar Famous MiniGames

Oh yes, you know i'm referring to the Cooking contest. You know you want to see all the drama behind Fu Tan Chen's insults and Pesmergas fascination with Spinach.

+ Indepth & Sensible Storyline
I'm not coplaining about the current story. I liked ALL the Suikodens' stories, i'm just referring to the connection between them. It's gonna be hard to piece togethr if nothing makes sense. If Konami focuses it's attention to developing the story, the game will hsow great success!

That's basically it. Hopefully, some KONAMI guys out there would hear the prayers of the hungered Suikoden fanatics everywhere...

Last edited by VikiFanatic on Wed May 24, 2006 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In addition to what Viki said about the fields, there should be more treasure chests or something to fill in empty spaces. IN fact what not have what SuikoII had and put in furniture that you can investigate. Ya know like when you press 'X' when looking at a plant and it says 'a Japanese Bonsai' or something like that. Bring the setting to life a bit. And also put more NPC's in houses, I could'nt beleive how many houses had nothing in them in SuikoV, it would've been perfect places to put in some NPCs or chests or something.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I'd really like to see in the next Suikoden is a fabulous and deep story, more familiar battle system that's not all flashy, a Kenshin-like character with a great side story (maybe something like that Clive events in Suikoden II), and instead of an old magician like Crowley, Mazus, etc... A younger one who's more like the Scion of Sorcery, Orphan.

Yup... That would be nice to see.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carbunc

Crimson Bricade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: improvements Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want a in depth sotry line and the cooking games. The fishing game is sweet also.

I WANT THE MAIN CHARACTER TO HAVE HIS OWN FRIGGIN PERSONALITY AND TO TALK the silent hero bit is getting a bit annoying.

Also maybe a female heroine--check out my post in a female tenkai thread to see what i want to happen.
vampiric

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cooking minigames, and i think since the game are far more advanced then when suikoden 2 time, it should be much much better. My personal suggestion, add cooking anime-like style. Such as when the jury eat overhelming delicious dish, it should had interesting reaction (like suddenly a divine light shine the food, or the character scream DELICIOUS!!!) :*laugh*: .

Duel minigames, without hero, I mean for other characters. We often saw rivalry among characters in the series, such as valeria-anita, belcoot-hazuki and a LOT of other. I mean if a duel minigames to be put on the games, at some place in the castle such as training hall or dojo or park, where variable character can had non-lethal duel. You can put which character to dueled, giving some experience or SP for those dueling characters and when between dueling characters had some background story, there's some bonus, either it story or power ups for the characters. I don't know how the system works, but I think it rather interesting to watch a duel between characters.

More advanced war, I like how suikoden 5 gives bonus for a good general, but I think it should be more.
My suggestions is
About the army, not just patching characters to the army the, but about training the army itself. So you can spend some time power-up your army to made the battle easier.
About the battle, not just an army attack another army, but some combinations, so multiple army can strike together another army, which attacked army can had reinforcement from another army too.
About winning... potchs and rare items, its already nice.
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. I want them to make a game with as great characters as Suikoden I/II. The only chars who could come close to rivaling Victor/Flik/etc in V were Georg and Kyle, and thats still a far cry (for kyle anyway). Forget about linking the games. Start from scratch with VI, give us some great characters, and then maybe you can make a Suikoden 7 with a lot of returning characters and nostalgia to maybe rival the suikoden 2 experiencce.

... Or just make Suikoden VI to be a Suikoden V(2), similar to how Suikoden 2 was a Suikoden I(2). It's possible that the reason Victor and Flik (And heck even Suikoden 2 itself) were so good is because of the additional development/nostalgia in the second game, rather than the intrinsic awesomeness of their characters in the first. While this is debateable, if that is the case, Suikoden 6 with some returning characters (Kyle) could be an awesome game, and make me like Suikoden V even more.

2. Pesmerga

3. Pesmerga
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see Suikoden 6 build on the storylines of the first 3 games in the series. Suikoden 3 revealed quite a bit about the mysteries of the Suiko world, but since then we've learned very little, really. S3 wasn't the best game in the series, but I do think it was the most important story-wise, in terms of what it revealed. The games since S3 seem to make a conscious effort NOT to build on the mysteries of the first 3 games, if anything. That's my biggest disappointment in the series so far (the first 3 games were building up to something, but we've been left hanging ever since).

I'd also like to see more challenging gameplay in Suikoden 6. I thought Suikoden 4 and 5 were ridiculously easy, especially on replays. The bosses are all pushovers for any experienced RPG player, and there isn't much to search out (sidequests, optional bosses, puzzles to solve, etc.) beyond gathering the 108 stars. That doesn't mean there should be more random encounters either.....I don't consider that challenging gameplay.

There was a lot I liked about Suikoden 5, particularly in its story and the development of the characters and the relationships among them. But S5 was far from a great game....it was far too easy, in my opinion.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would want to see the Dynasty Warriors-style gameplay in war battles instead of the real-time strategy war battles found in Suikoden V. I would be better and easier for us guys who don't want to strategize.

Maybe having cameo appearances from heroes from the previous Suikoden installments would be a great touch. And a customizable hero would also bring a great touch.

And another thing, no more bodyguards. I know that it was great having Lyon follow the hero around most of the time, but personally, I like to walk alone.

Well, that's about it.

Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see them bring back some of the characters from the older games, ones who have an interesting background but you don't really know much about.. either that, or I'd like to see some of those "famous names" that you never get to see.

Take for example, Roundier Haia whose the so-called "master" of the Falcon Rune. I'd really like to see him in one of the games to come. Not only that, but I'd like to see some interesting improvements in the gameplay..

although honestly speaking, the battle system in Suikoden V was already quite ideal. I loved it and it should stay that way

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I did like the army battles in Suikoden 5. Some of the battles were quite challenging, especially toward the end of the game when the Prince's army was often out-numbered by 3 to 1.

The only awkward part of the battle system was when the Prince's army was fighting joint fronts on land and at sea. It was next to impossible to fight both battles at once, as it took too long to scroll back and forth between the two fronts (with everything happening in real-time in front of you). You had to pick a front to concentrate on, and hope for the best on the other front.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf Stew wrote:
Yeah, I did like the army battles in Suikoden 5. Some of the battles were quite challenging, especially toward the end of the game when the Prince's army was often out-numbered by 3 to 1.

The Prince's army were almost always out-numbered, because the enemy AI was too cheap, maybe reflecting Godwins poor tactics. They never act as a single force. I'd like to see war batlles with same numbers, but still challenging. It´s no good to use those devices to improve dificulty.

I also want to see tougher enemies, SIV ad V´s villains were unimpressive and not cool. (except for Dolph and Troy, but it was not enough)

On the rest, I'd like them to keep the good stuff (good plot, charismatic characters, 108 stars, etc...).
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All i want is the Cooking contest back!!!! oh,and also,more sidequests,i think every star should have its own sidequest(so the game could last more than 100hrs :O) :mrgreen:

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After some more thought I'd like the ability to have a blacksmith customise your character's weapons. Things like decorations, sharpness, shape, weight, height and things like that. You'd get more personalised armies and characters because of this simple (but complex in practice) idea. I'd also think that giving section of your army their own names and crests for battles would be good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: