Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

General "What would you want?" Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I want is a three country conflict involving Nagarea, New Armes, and Zelant.

With a few cameo intrusions to Falena to get the Prince to fight with you, that'll be sick.

Hope Lazlo and Kyril get back into the fray as some kind of extra characters. Rhapsodia really saved S4 characters for me, and Kyril has a bad*ss weapon.

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the reason that Oboro did the investigations the way he did was a part of his character, that he didn't think it was best for people to know certain things. Like when you have him investigate Lyon, he tells you that Ferid had him look for her father, but he never managed to track him down. Then he adds "it was probably for the best, anyway." Which I always took as to mean "I found the guy, and he didn't want anything to do with her."
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Stampede, it meant Oboro (possible spoiler) was aware of Lyon's ties to Nether Gate, being as he was a part of their information network

Edit: and felt it was better that Ferid and others just know her as an orphan
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course he knew that. But he still went out to look for her father regardless.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But, that's, IMO, what he meant by that, because a meeting with said father might make such knowledge public, as said father may have willingly, or forcedly(sp?), turned her over.

Edit: (spoiler)Or have been part of Nether Gate himself
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The number one thing I've been asking for since Suikoden 4: A sequel that takes place AFTER Suikoden 3. Seriously, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm already getting sick of living in the past.

But to be abit of a hypocrite here for a minute, If the next game was announced and promised to reveal and expose alot of Harmonia & Hikusaak's past and secrets I would probably totally buy into it and somehow magically forget my previous statement.

*winks at Konami*
Elixxur

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A character that actually looks like a male (the hero in V looked like a chick with silver/white hair), and one that actually has a cool looking weapon. And for once not a child, I am so sick of the story of either a orphan, or son of a great general/king.

As for the gameplay, please actually give the character time to walk around before having a random battle occur.

For the TR, have it actually cause some real damage and be powerful.

Characters/Timeline

Have this game occur a few yrs after part 3, and have a lot of references to the previous games. Maybe even visit some of the places, especially from IV, that would be interesting to see how time has affected them.

Characters, maybe heroes from the previous four games, (since the peeps from IV would be dead)
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like a Suikoden where you don't know which side you will be on and who will win. Suikoden III kinda had the potential, but it was such a garbled jumble with ooh, the Destroyers, that it didn't work out at all. In Suikoden V, I was keeping my eyes open for clues about a plot change where the Prince and the Godwins ally against New Armes, but it turned out a little different. In the end, your army's side didn't change at all.

Also, there's the trouble that when you are the "good guys", you know you will win. Of course, the game practically has to end with the player's side winning, but that is why there should be a plot twist to totally turn the table and change that side, so the end result is less predictable. Take, for example, Finland in the World War II: Finland had no choice except to ally with Germany, since otherwise, Finland would have been invaded by Russia, technically an "Allied" nation working against the Axis nations. Near the end of the war, when Germany was getting weak, Russia beat Finland back, and Finland had to make a truce with Russia. After that, Finland had to drive the Germans out of their country, so they were fighting against their former allies.
Rin Eadric

Interim Secretary

1866 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) elimiate the realtime battles. but keep the archory/calavory/infantary format (or bring back the S2/S3/S4 battle systems)
2) have it set in the nameless lands or the westren contentent

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only played up to 3... but I WANT A FREAKING ARENA!

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The arena sounds like a great idea if only for the purpose of being able to duel more often. They could also expand dueling to all or almost all of the stars. Go one step further and have stars match off against one another and possibly add in a betting option. It might seem a little cheesy but I think it would give an interesting time to most, if not all, players and give another interesting option for collecting potch.

I'd also like to see a battlefield option where you could have your units skirmish against one another so you would have more experience running larger battles before you get to them. I really like the battle system in the game and I would really enjoy the option of being able to hold battled outside of story progression. This war game area should also let you reenact battles that you've already fought though out the campaign in some form. Even if you couldn't throw in the special characters that the enemy had being able to throw in the same number of troop, or more, would help to get a handle on the battles.

I'd be fine having a real-time battle system if they could clean up the pause system and make it more fluid. I'd also like the ability to issue orders when the game was paused but I guess that would remove some of the real time challenge. What really ticked me off about the battle system was when an enemy unit would retreat through a rank of your soldiers and end up attacking a unit that you were trying to save. This has happened to me several times in Suikoden V and I even lost a battle when my core unit was wiped out. If a unit is forced to retreat into the ranks of my troops then my soldiers should be given an ambush attack on the routing unit. Oh course the same should go for the enemy.

Increasing the decorating options would be great. Throw in rugs, larger potted planets, tapestries as well as more paintings, even having collectable weapons to hang on a dojo wall would be a nice touch. Of course going overboard on the knick-knacks would drive most people nuts so they would have to strike a good balance between variety and quantity. Throw in a costume list for the Tenkai for fun too, just swapping out costumes in the story is ok but not as good as being able to pick and choose.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

acctualy, being able to set traps could be intersting, don't know how that would work aside form 'plot wise', (see the Budhuc castle battle with the pits and stuff).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I thought of another thing I would like. More returning characters. In the past three Suikodens, there has only been about five returning characters, even in Suikoden V (not counting Tactics). Part of what made Suikoden II great was that there were a lot of familiar characters, which also helped to make their backstory deeper.

Oh! Oh! Another thing! A hand puppet theatre like Chisato's, for plays like in Suikoden III but with hand puppets!
trash

Orange Company

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ei, my first post. heheh..

i nod to everyone's suggestion and really feel they would add more depth (and quality playing time) to the game.

SIDEQUESTS/SECRETS

The Arena thing is something. I mean pit Hazuki against Belcoot. Now we'll know who's better. Or pit someone against you for the sake of potch. How about 3 on 3? a triple threat (3 characters, free-for-all) match, anyone?? Of course, the characters should have lines.

Misseable characters and alternate characters are cool but how about more "story routes" just like choosing whether to defend the base or not in SV. However, i want them to be in the early middle game. For example, you will be choosing if you will attack this place. If you do, you get Mr. A and his group/regiment. If you dont you get Mr. B and Mr. C.

The detective agency was great just that i want them to have 4 infos. the first info to be personal, such as like/dislike in food. Then the rest would be secrets or things we are not aware of.

The cooking contest should also be returned but with a new twist, ingredients.

"No unlimited ingredients" - you have to have given that ingredient to the cook and let him stock on it. You cannot cook a dish with salt if you havent even bought one and given it to the cook.

"Ingridient Effect" - certain dishes cooked with a certain type of fish tastes better than another.

"Ingredient Hunt" - Not just fishing, but dungeon-type ingredient search. Want this godly spice/shrooms? Well, search for it in a cave guarded by a cyclops.

"Judging" - The detective agency might have told you what your SoDs like so its time to base your menu on their info.

NINJA MISSIONS: Ninjas are used for both assasinations, spying and item recovery/stealing. So how about you get the option if you want to control your ninja or not? Controlling him will give you a chance to gain some treasures and potch and gain experience for your ninja. Not controlling him will give you less trouble in learning the controls but no experience except for assasination.This is due to the fact he will be doing it covertly and just accomplish the mission while the warmonger/greedy person you are will fight for the rare treasures you ought to gain. (Treasures have traps and the traps are the guards)

LOTTERY/AUCTIONS: S3 had lottery, i think S2 had auction (ninja village?). Lottery for some more potch, Auction for rare finds, runes and ingridients alike.

GAMEPLAY :
i would want the whole 108 SoDs to be involved in both war and dungeon battles. That would be drastic but it would be good.

In war battles:

regiments would have stats other than just atk and def and HP.

SODs would be divided in two, general and lieutenants. You can have about 1 general and 4 lieutenants in a regiment.

All SoD's will have a war battle skill. Thse skill ranges from passive ones like +atk, +def, etc., all of which will add to the regiments stats and also active skills like heal, heal self, charge, phalanx.

Warcries. Personal warcries. Each for the SoDs for every scenario.

In dungeon battles, still the same with all the SoD's involved. I just wish they would just scrap the whole attack runes like Swallow or Tarantula and give everyone active skills. Magic would still be rune based.

How about bosses? I think the bosses right now are not that difficult. I want them to be changed not just in terms of stronger stats but wish they'd be more tricky to fight with. I'm sure everyone played chrono trigger. Bosses here were quite tricky especially the "son of the sun".

That's for now. Sorry for the wrong grammar. Also, i think they will be able to maximize the Blu-Ray Disc's capacity (PS3 disc format) will all this depth.

-Million Dollar Baby
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really want "specialized star side stories".

What the hell is that you ask? Stories, or quests, off to the side of the main quest. In fact, they often dont even include the hero. The premise behind these side quests is once certain conditions are fullfilled a sidestory will open up. However this sidequest has a VERY UNIQUE COREQUESITE. Not unlike the school story in Greenhill in Suikoden 2, SSSS would be quests that require certain types of people that share some commonality. This could be general age, interests, a common hometown, relation, or just a general connection of any kind. These would be the only characters you could choose for these sidequests and, being a break from the main story, the hero would NOT be required to participate in these.

The idea behind them is, obviously, to give every character its time in the limelight. Many are simply passed over because they were already redundant when they came into the fold, this forces you to give every character a chance and, more importantly, to better explore some of the lesser known side characters be it in personality or backstory.

An example taken from suikoden 5 would be a sidequest involving or pertaining to the dragon cavalry. This would, naturally, limit the selection to the 6 characters in Suikoden 5 that are in the cavalry, all of which are fairly mediocre fighters and easy to pass over. Another example could be some kind of "_____ rune competition" and in order to participate a character would need to be eqiped with a certain type of rune. Maybe it'd be common, or maybe it'd be something extremely rare that only 4 people in the game have equipped naturally. Then for other quests it could require a certain weapon, or whatever, but you get the idea.

There could be something similiar to the 'eye' in 3 for this, where the hero and his cohorts are doing their thing and if you have a SSSS going you can switch over to it at any time since it wouldnt affect the main quest. It'd be a nice little break from the norm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: