Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mario question blocks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Mario question blocks Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Link 1 and Link 2

Essentially, two girls made Mario question blocks and put them around a town in random places and a bomb squad was called on the boxes. The girls were going to possibly be charged with criminal charges, but, in the end, only had to make a few written apologies. What are everyone's thought on how this was handled? I think it was handled well and the that the girls did a harmless, but very short sighted, thing. They should have considered what they were doing before doing it and asked premission before putting random boxes at courthouses, schools and restaurants. Other places I ahve discussed this with seem to take the stance hat the town should apologize to the girls. What does everyone think?
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree; the situation was handled reasonably and fairly. I can certainly see how someone could be worried at seeing a mysterious box in the middle of town, but the girls clearly didn't mean any harm. They just didn't think. The written apologies are appropriate.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a pretty weird thing to do, but I'm sure I'd have gotten a laugh out of it. I'd enjoy finding some question mark blocks, but I guess they might seem dangerous to those who don't know what they are. :roll:
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a more innocent time, this would be taken as a rather funny incident, but as Timbo said, the girls should've thought about the consequences of placing random boxes with '?' on them. After all, you can leave anything unattended nowadays and the bomb squad will be called out.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Axiose. While it was just a bit of innocent and harmless fun, the paranoia since September 11 sees threats of terrorism everywhere. As the reports said, the girls weren't thinking of the consequences of what might happen and, since they are juveniles, it really is the parents' responsibility to educate them on these matters.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But it's just a couple of boxes... though i can see the whole 9/11 thing, all American's seem to be on edge if anything is left anywhere nowadays, which is understandable, but odd from a non American persective.

Though as art projects go, it's quite imaginative twist on an already overused concept, about a B in my book.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno aydas_arrows. In the UK, whenever I was to go to any major airport when I was younger my mum would also moan about not leaving my suitcases anywhere in case they thought it was a bomb. She hasn't gotten any better since then. In fact the Isle of Man had a bomb scare only about 2 months ago in our airport because some guy left his briefcase behind. Muppet.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's funny.

This reminds me of another story I heard recently.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/7612371/detail.html
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it was handled well enough. No one was hurt in the end, they never made any sort of threat or anything bad, so I think pressing charages would have been the wrong thing to do to the kids. I myself would probably laugh and know right away what the boxes were, but not everyon's played Mario. But yeah...I'm HE'LL eventaully have something to say on this about how violent video games are and now they're turning kids into terorists. .__.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, that's funny.

Too bad there's no close shot of the boxes. If they were poorly made, I'd understand why everyone is making a fuss. But I do believe that everyone was over-reacting. The girls don't deserve to apologize for someone else's error.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Old. Or, maybe it's just old to me, I remember seeing this link maybe eight months ago, on what I thought was this very forum, in the "Advertisements" thread. I might be mistaken, though.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
Old. Or, maybe it's just old to me, I remember seeing this link maybe eight months ago, on what I thought was this very forum, in the "Advertisements" thread. I might be mistaken, though.

I think it must be you, since the links are from April 1 2006 and April 7 2006.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=13240

Scroll down. Those are the pictures I was referring to.

I didn't check the dates on the articles, though. My bad for that.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=13240

Scroll down. Those are the pictures I was referring to.

I didn't check the dates on the articles, though. My bad for that.

Okay, I get what you're saying. The website itself is pretty old, but the content of the articles happened recently. A couple of kids made these boxes and the town called in a bomb squad on the boxes, not knowing what they were, the topic is more pertaining to that.
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Other places I ahve discussed this with seem to take the stance hat the town should apologize to the girls.

Are you joking me? The girls made mysterious boxes and put them places without telling the owners/operators of the places they put them. The girls having to apologise to the people I think is very apropriate, because they feel guilty for having put people though worrying over a possible bomb, but they don't have to face criminal charges. Which makes sence because how many times have you heard of a law that prohibits the placement of mario boxes? Overall, no harm no fowl, but the fault was all in the hands of the girls so naturally the apologies should go from the girls to the people of the town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: