Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Comics!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow, that art is really...bad, and you're right about the characterization; they have no idea of what snake is like.

*bigger dissapointment*

back to manga hunting, i guess... :(

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the art could be said to be somewhat fitting for the style, and the covers i've seen are killer good. But the characterization kills it, really. I could bear bad art (hell, my fave comics usually have bloody fugly art), but bad story, or in this case, bad representations of the chars, that much i can't stand.

As someone said in "thesnakesoup", Snake sounds like your average action hero with bad jokes and dry one-liners.

All the way to the edge of this world
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love any Marvel Comics series, but especially love any that have to do with or have special appearances by the X-Men or Wolverine to be precise. I also love the Image comics.

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I explained earlier in the thread, my main interests are 80's properties like Transformers, G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe and Thundercats. The only series in that list which I haven't collected is G.I. Joe, save for the crossover with Transformers. I'm an incorrigible Transformers nut, for lack of a better term. Just yesterday I picked up the first issues of "G.I. Joe vs. The Transformers II" and "The War Within: Age of Wrath" as well as the third issue of the four-issue "Micromasters" mini-series.

A bit of an update on the fate of the Masters of the Universe comic, Val Staples has said on the He-Man.org message boards that they would love to continue the comic past issue 8, but it's in the hands of Mattel's legal department at the moment. It also appears that artists Emiliano Santalucia and Enza Fontana have produced their last work on the property with the recently released issue 6. That's sad news for sure, since they art has been exceptionally great, and any new artist will have some pretty big shoes to fill.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have never read a single comic in my entire life. It is quite strange, but I never have. I don't even think I have seen a comic in real life.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
I have never read a single comic in my entire life. It is quite strange, but I never have. I don't even think I have seen a comic in real life.

What about in the newspapers? >P They also have those little strips and one shots. Don't count those? O.o;

I don't know I've never heard of anyone not having at least read one comic book in their life. o.o Where are you from? I mean, some of the English classes in the Uni I'm at actually USE comic books as a form of comparative literature... In fact they have a course here called "Heroes," or it's called something else and I'm mixing it up with another, where they use comic books as a form of education in the humanities.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:

Quick! There's still hope of saving you! Run to the nearest comic book store and buy whatever thing you find from Vertigo!

All the way to the edge of this world
Edge Riou

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know why I have never seen a comic or read one, but I think it may be where I live. I live in Barnhart, Missouri. I feel strange not ever having seen a comic so maybe I will rush over to a comic book store. Just have to find one I live by now...

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now reading gudamn seed astry vol.1 it rules :mrgreen:
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz, you might also find comics in the magazine section of a grocery store. Though not typical comic books, I find it hard to believe you haven't even seen an Archie Digest, considering they are placed in the racks at the checkouts in practically every store which sells groceries/magazines/etc.

As for the comics I recently picked up, I'd have to say the best was (surprisingly enough, for me) "Transformers: War Within - Age of Wrath #1." It is definitely way better than the previous "Dark Ages" mini-series, and the "Transformers: Micromasters" mini-series focuses on, obviously, the Micromasters with ocassional appearances by Ultra Magnus and Shockwave.

"G.I. Joe. vs. The Transformers II" on the other hand, well... I'm not sure what to make of the story at this point, since it's going on the basis that if several groups of mish-mashed Joe and Cobra members don't jump through time on Earth recovering displaced Cybertronians within twelve hours, the Earth will suffer the effects of a nuclear holocaust every ten years for 400 years, wiping out the human race. It's kind of a convoluted concept, but if it's a fun and entertaining read, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and enjoy the story.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Edge Riou

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest I haven't even heard of Archie Digest nor do I know what it even is. I think I might know where to go get comics. I live around a place (actually kinda far) called the dugout or something. I am sure that others know what I am talking about. So I think they may have comics.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the anime inside becous it's all about manga gams seares its a fun book to look at becos it got's pepal saing somting that thay woldent say
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i do frequent a webcomic called Control Alt Delete which I find very amusing at least personally. I dont know what those around me think of the comic themselves but that isnt something that I can control anyway and thus thats up to them. For those that want to check out said web comic they can feel free to PM me that they want it and I will give it to them no problem but I dont know if this forum allows me to post it myself as some forums have rules against that sort of thing. Now my only thought is should I risk posting it anyway or no? Ok so i wont those that want it can private message me for the link.

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

X-Men above all hehe. I've got a few but I really need to start collecting a few more. I think the anime X-Men just butchered it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: