Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Childerich (*SPOILERS*)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Childerich (*SPOILERS*) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tagged it spoilers so if you don't know who he truly is, leave now.

Okay, I love him. He's the best bad guy in the series since Luca Blight. He's truly demonic to the core. I love it. At first, when I saw him at the Sacred Games I was hoping he'd join, but after learning he was from Nether Gate I was all about kicking his keister all over dodge.

However when given the option to fight for Doraat against Childerich or fight for Sable against Jidan Guisu I chose Jidan because I wanted to learn more about Armes. So my question is this. If you go the Doraat route, what scenes do you see of Childerich and of Braham Luger's death?

Also, when invading Stormfist, I brough Richard on my team because he's totally one of the best characters ever. When you enter the arena and Childerich asks for a duel, Richard comes out and asks to duel him instead of the Prince, citing the cheap loss he faced from Childerich in the first round. Since it was the only time I played through that part of the game does this always happen or is this another one of those delightful hidden easter eggs?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Childerich (*SPOILERS*) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Also, when invading Stormfist, I brough Richard on my team because he's totally one of the best characters ever. When you enter the arena and Childerich asks for a duel, Richard comes out and asks to duel him instead of the Prince, citing the cheap loss he faced from Childerich in the first round. Since it was the only time I played through that part of the game does this always happen or is this another one of those delightful hidden easter eggs?

There are other characters who offer to fight against Childerich besides Richard (like Zegai or Belcoot). But if you have no applicable character in your party, then nothing of that sort happens.

Personally I think Childerich's Luca Blight theme went a bit far when he started to shout "Die pigs!" in Doraat.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Childerich (*SPOILERS*) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Personally I think Childerich's Luca Blight theme went a bit far when he started to shout "Die pigs!" in Doraat.

Yeah, the whole "Die Pigs!" thing was a bit over the top and cheesy for me. I would have prefered him to say something a bit more original as opposed to recycling an old line.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Childerich (*SPOILERS*) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
RedCydranth wrote:

There are other characters who offer to fight against Childerich besides Richard (like Zegai or Belcoot). But if you have no applicable character in your party, then nothing of that sort happens.

i had belcoot beat him. was kool.

i liked his character, thought he was true evil and was like luca blight where he just wanted to set fire to houses and just kill every one in sight.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Childerich was crazy, that's for sure. In response to your first question, I refuse to spoil Baram Luger's death scene for you, because it made even a hardened uncaring monster like myself get a litle teary. It's absolutely worth seeing, if you feel like playing the game a second time. I'll just say that Luger's death is more moving than Dilber Novum's death, in my opinion.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I totaly felt that he was a bit of a rip off from Luca. But be that is it may, he was still and interesting charater.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Childerich (*SPOILERS*) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
However when given the option to fight for Doraat against Childerich or fight for Sable against Jidan Guisu I chose Jidan because I wanted to learn more about Armes. So my question is this. If you go the Doraat route, what scenes do you see of Childerich and of Braham Luger's death?

Unlike, Squirtle, since you asked, I'll tell you. Of course, you can always ignore it since it's blacked out. Well, I don't remember any pre-battle stuff, but after the battle, Childerich wants to destroy the town before retreating (i.e. Lelcar), but Bahram opposes him. Childerich calls him a traitor and Bahram of course denied it. Childerich wouldn't listen and demanded that Bahram "prove" his loyalty. Bahram sadly agrees and takes his ship and runs up to the Dahak and boards it. The hero and Roog take off from Doraat on Lance and board the Dahak just as Bahram does. Now, to minimalize the spoilage of the actual scene: You fight, he dies, the other ships get away.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Richard never fights Childerich in the Sacred Games. Childerech fought that purple guy in round one, and Richard lost his Round 6 match.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi, Richard steps up and says that he wants a re-match against Childerich because he was poisoned when he fought him the first time. So there's obviously a plot-hole here, since Childerich did indeed fight that Kage-wannabe guy in Round 1, not Richard.

I thought the "Die pigs!" line was a nice little hidden gem for the loyal fans. It didn't seem over the top or anything. It made me crack a smile.

Childerich seemed like such an awesome character but turned out to be a humongous wuss in the large-scale battles. I guess I expected more.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Fudozukushi, Richard steps up and says that he wants a re-match against Childerich because he was poisoned when he fought him the first time. So there's obviously a plot-hole here, since Childerich did indeed fight that Kage-wannabe guy in Round 1, not Richard.

i believe belcoot said the exact same thing, saying that childerich poisioned him.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Squirtle wrote:
Childerich was crazy, that's for sure. In response to your first question, I refuse to spoil Baram Luger's death scene for you, because it made even a hardened uncaring monster like myself get a litle teary. It's absolutely worth seeing, if you feel like playing the game a second time. I'll just say that Luger's death is more moving than Dilber Novum's death, in my opinion.

i agree...his death got me pretty teary too...i didnt really care about him too much...but its how the scene was shown and who was there...

this game has alot of those moments for me...ive never been so emotionally involved in a game before...

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah Childerich is alright, isnt he voiced by Lex Lang?
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:

I got the scene, and I don't remember Richard mentioning that he fought with Childerich. I do remember him saying that he wants a re-match because of the pathetic scene I did at the sacred games 'cause he was poisoned, and that he wanted a chance to prove that he was still more than good. But nothing regarding the fact that he fought with Childerich.
You might wonder "so, why a rematch with Childerich? It has no sense if he didn't fought agaist him". I guess it does, considering the fact that Childerich won the sacred games.
So, anyway, I might be wrong since my memory is bad, but I seriously don't remember Richard mentioning a previous fight with the assassin.

Anyway, I don't like Childerich. He has nothing like my beloved Luca, in anycase. I find him just one normal crazy one, and kinda forced at times. I really don't like anything about him, not even his weapons or his design :\
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Childerich, although I have to say the whole "Die pigs!" line was quite unoriginal. Actually, it was his connection with Nether Gate that made me like him. That group is a weird bunch with all the strange characters it has, which makes it all the more interesting. Needless to say, it's always good to have a blood-thirsty, violent villain around, isn't it?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Childerich was a little over the top for a villain. He was a little more of the comic-villain that you loved to hate. Dolph on the other, well, he was actually scary - it's his calm appearance that hides the inner-psychopath.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: