Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V music (Possible spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
You guys seem to misunderstand the point of the topic-- he's asking about what tracks are remixes of older Suikoden themes, not what you thought of the soundtrack or what tracks on it are your favorites. Please stick to the topic.

The topic is "Suikoden V music". The initial message is just a subset of that. Would you rather have half a dozen different Suikoden V music threads?
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I would enjoy people telling me what songs are remixes, but, as a moderator on a forum myself, I know how annoying multiple topics with the same theme are, so yeah, favourite songs are fine too. Just to show you I'm a good sport, here are a few of my faves:

A City Sealed Within the Earth - Old Armes dungeon theme, inside the temple.
The Knights - Plays during several character introductions, notably Kyle's scenes.
The Queens Knights - During the Q Knights intro scene.
The Two Guardian Runes - Plays at the East and West Palaces.
Tactician - Lucretia's theme. Actually, I think this may be THE best song inthe game, IMO.
And lastly, but not finally (I could go on forever, probably just putting down 99% of the soundtrack. :wink: ) Traces of the Sindar Civilization - Plays at the Sindar ruins. Remix of Arctic Area from Suikoden III.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
The topic is "Suikoden V music". The initial message is just a subset of that. Would you rather have half a dozen different Suikoden V music threads?

He is describing what his topic is about, then warning us of potential spoilers. He then goes on about what the topic is. You think his post is a sub-topic of sorts, and that topics are always fully described in the title alone?

Don't make me laugh, sir, as I have a bad cough.
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there's only so many tracks that were remixed in the game, sooner or later some commentary on the quality of the music was going to come up, and...well, there we are. If you insist, though--

The Sealed Room has a tune to it that I thought I'd heard before in Suikoden III with the Tablet of Stars, though I'm not sure if it's just the generic Discovery-channel-esque ambience to it or not. :*laugh*:
Champo Inactive

Nay-Kobold Merchants

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember hearing the remix of SIV's battle theme and nearly wetting myself in excitement. It's easily my favorite random battle theme in the series. It just seems more structured and driven as a suspense piece as a whole then the rest of the random battle songs, IMO...though II's was good, too. But I's just sounded like jumbled garbage.

On a side note, what's the title of Moroon's battle theme remix? I wouldn't mind downloading that...
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know the name of the song that is heared in the backgrounf when you are in the village of Yashuna?
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Machiavellian wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the song that is heared in the backgrounf when you are in the village of Yashuna?

According to Cornelio, it's called 'Health Retreat.'
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My gosh, I'm getting my friend to play the game for the first time while I watched for a second time through and this time the music seems more amazing than I remembered.

Most of the tracks played at the different cities have so much unique "flavor" for each location(A Power Like the Sun, Imperial Capital, The Godwin Family Castle, The Two Guardian Runes, Holy Land, Town on a River...) it makes the city tracks of the first game and II which I used to love sound shallow in comparison. Although I still think the single most powerful suikoden OST track was Rune of Punishment from IV, all the tracks on V are made to sound so greatly fitting for each situation as their titles may suggest: Recollection, A Moment of Calm, Suspicion, Overcoming the Grief, Distrust... And the many remixes of Sorrow into Sadness, Despair and Hope, Bonds, A Sad Wish and more are sad to listen to but just awesome. Throw in very upbeat tracks for the start of events like Distant Journey, The River and the Sun, Move Out!, Strategy, Running to the River... I think the use of flutes in lots of the V tracks made it just so much better, and this is the greatest genso suikoden OST yet.

Note: the tracks that can make me cry just listening to them are of course A Sad Wish with the galleon flashback stuck in my head; and I guess because it was played without any spoken words during the ending, marking the end of so much joy I gained from playing a great game and I just thought the good ending was super sad, To the End of the Woven Tale of the 108 Stars just cuts through me for some reason.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i liked the one (at night time) before we attack Sol-Falena.... (near the endings)
and then the one when we're at Lunas + Wind of Phantom!! :mrgreen:
there are many good musics anyway, its hard to choose... :|
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: