Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SuikoV is a downgrade graphically from Suiko IV?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko 4 was just a miserable experience for anyone involved.

It was another game that I felt I "needed" to finish rather than "wanting" to finish... in order to get my money's worth. Sadly, as of today, april 7 06, I ain't beat it yet, and probably never will...

As for five's camera issue... doesn't really bother me in places that aren't called Lordlake or Estrise. What five really surprising me with was that doesn't it seem like there are "a ton" more "extra" characters? You know, that don't automatically join? Seriously, most of the Suiko 3 cast auto-join. Suiko 5 seems to take the Suiko 2 route, where several characters (now most of em) have weird demands / sub quests (see Jeane) and like nobody just goes "Liberation Army? Hell, I'll join..." like everyone in Suiko one.

There are alot of sidequests now, which is strangely ripping off various FF's, that bothers me... Jeane's "straight out of FF6 / FF7 ruins of Forgotten Magic City", Yahr and Nelis' "now RPG cliche ghost ship / ship graveyard", Alzrad's "optional boss book thing" we saw in FF9, and whatever the hell Isabel's sidequest Euram-fight thing was... even a dungeon full of robots...

where did all those people go who didn't have "backstory"?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I preferred V's graphics out of all of the 3D suikodens. I like the washed-out colors.
I think it is a nice balance between IV's and III's.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coketastic wrote:
Suiko 4 was just a miserable experience for anyone involved.

Oh really? Like me, who considers it the best PS2 Suikoden? It also had the best graphics, not from a technical standpoint or some obscure polygon count, but from the point of functionality. The behind the back camera gave a fantastic view of the world, and then they even went further and added a first person mode and a totally unlimited angle of view. Plus, some of the graphics really do look good. Suikoden IV water is unbelievably more gorgeous than Suikoden V's. Suikoden V is marred by the very limiting overhead view. Why use polygons with a fixed view? Plus, they made for those dreadful loading times in Suikoden V!

The Suikoden V graphics are good at close range and battles though, and Suikoden III wasn't totally bad either despite the midget character models. But Suikoden IV's graphics looked good and gave freedom to the player!
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikoIV's graphics were technincally best in the series. But again it's plauged by bland colors and uninteresting settings. And it does'nt help that SuikoIV's graphics were the only decent thing in that mess of a game.

SuikoV still has some of the washed out color pallettes, but the settings, characters, and spells(while some not cool-looking) are much better than SuikoIV. SuikoIII still has the best coloring and intro in the series though.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The style in 5 was better, but the graphics were technically better(at least on the feild) in 4, easily. If I could of kept the camera and budget from 4 in 5, it definetly would of been better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: