Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

the Prince's real name
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: the Prince's real name Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every Suikoden heroes already got their names and I wonder what did konami actually named the prince this time, anybody knows about this topic?
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Faroush seems to have the highest chance.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Where did you find that out? I haven't even heard about that name before.

As far as I know he could be "Dennis" or "konami" based on the booklet. But that's probably the name of the beta tester or developer and the companies name. We usually don't know until the novel comes out, no?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:

Faroush? where did you get that from

hmm Faroush Falenas sounds like Egyptian name to me
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Probably Faroush, because it's an actual name that is used in the Middle East. A lot of the names in Suikoden V are based on Persian folklore and religion, so it's probably the closet thing to real. - Blue Moon"

copied from GameFaqs.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the only real namer I have ever seen him given officially was Dennis. Its in the instruction manual once, but other places in the manual have him named "konami" like all the other Suikoden heroes. I actuaklly think Dennis is a good name for him. Better than Lazlo was for the hero of IV, but Lazlo has grown on me.

Unless we get any other word from Konami officially naming this hero, I'll call him Dennis. Dennis Falenas, Prince of Falena. Yep. Sounds good to me.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I heard the Faroush was used in the demo of the game, so that's what quite a few people go by. I called him Dennis though.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol Dennis
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, i've heard that Faroush(e) was some kind of amalgam of both Ferid and Arshtat, which is why that was given to him as a moniker. Wasn't it also on his card for the card game, or something?

Chiepoo wrote:
*laugh* Dennis

My sentiments exactly!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if they call him dennis that will be the worst name they have given a main hero, since it'll take the title from lazlo. plus i can't see that being a prince's name, just based on what the rest of his family's names are.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the name Lazlo, it's pretty cool and fits the character. Anyway, Faroush sounds pretty good, but to answer Crimson's question, there is no official name at this time. All the other official or widely accepted names have been established well after the games have come out.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we will have to wait for a novel.. there will be a name for him in it.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Faroush was the name Konami gave him for the bonus savegame data included in a bonus CD included in some magazine etc. King mentioned the name in the Blog, but insisted that "it's just one name out of many that the players can choose."

That's been the official word from Konami for all "official" names. There's no official name for any of the heros.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, Faroush is as official as it gets... will we be using that now, or just Prince like everyone in the game?

Faroush is a great name... In the end, I chose it for the hero.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've stumbled across several slash fansites in Japanese, one of the most prominent ones as of late is one with Geddode and the prince.

The site is here http://crimsonfeast.nobody.jp/uniontop.htm and it's got the princes's name and Geddode's name at the top Left corner (I'm 98% positive). If anybody can read the Japanese characters, it would be a help, I'm sure.

Oh, there's nothing nasty on the site, so it's safe, by the way.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: