Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zerase is quite possibly the most overpowered character in the game. Not only is she the game's ubermage (ie on par with Mazus, Crowley, the Hikusaak clone brothers, etc) but she actually has offense..... good offense and long range. They had athe right idea with this with Ted in 4 but rows kinda didn't matter. Her Star rune is very nice to have.

I love Belcoot for his naive actions toward women. To say he is thickheaded at the beginning of the game is an understatement. And he is one of the better tanks in the game. He doesn't have quite the pitiful magic defense like George (but he crits less), and seems to have a relatively high evasion for an s range fighter who can wear heavy armor. Only downside to him in battle is Falcon rune was drastically nerfed and really made useless.

George was a character I thought as overrated in suikoden 2. He didn't serve much of a purpose and was s.l.o.w. He had the standard recruitment lines and little more. Here he gives a lot more personality and I love the balance that was struck between rough around the edges humor as well as being a relatively wise character at times. He would often say something amusing but he also had a point behind it. And I think most will agree he is one of the best characters to use. But damn does the game like to tease you with him and not letting you recruit him until near the end.

The protector/bodyguard/babysitter role often irked me. Nanami got old after awhile, Gremio was painfully mediocre etc etc. We know the drill. Lyon is remarkably likable and really is pretty on par with the prince in skill. And she is so adorable, but never too mushy and not too angsty. And her interactions with the prince really makes a few scenes.

Maxiillian Knights return but honestly I got more of a warrior villiage feel from them. Particularly with the naming of Mathais's weapon. Of course the tossing evildoers into the Feitas river comments certainly fit the knights.

I will say I like a ton of the characters. Lots of personality. The most annoying I am finding are the Barros Clan, with the exception of Lucerina. Euram is this game's Snowe which you either love for his incompetence and growth or hate for being a pampered bratty ass. But they tend to have their place in the scheme of things.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really liked a lot of the characters in the game but a few stuck out in my mind. First off, I use Bernadette in my party ALL the time. She's one of my statues for Best Healer in my statue room. I almost always have her in my party. She is often seen there with Yahr, though not as frequent. His two swords is really cool, especially the animation for when he sheathes them. Nellis not so much. I didn't like her design as much.

I have yet to recruit Zegai but he looks pretty great from what I saw in the beginning of the game. I can't wait to recruit him, which I may get around to today.

I have a love for Cathari as well, originating from her Godspeed Rune. It's SO crucial. I needed to fill a rune slot of hers and all I had was Venom and Crazed and since she has little to no magic and I don't use her to unite with anyone aside from FormSkills I gave her Crazed Rune. O gracious it's glorious. She can usually deal 1000 damage or more with a shot. She's so fast she gets the first move all the time and she's a good long-range combat character, instead of a Magus. Her character design is pretty interesting as well.

I haven't used Lyon in a while since I'm sidetracking before I get her back and recovered but in my mind now she stacks up less than Miakis, as in I prefer Miakis. I like dual weapons users like her, though Lyon's giant pocket knife of a sword is pretty damn cool. She just folds it down after she's done smiting with it. In general 5 has cool weapons. I digress, I liked Miakis because she had a good design, she was strong and her personality didn't annoy me that much. I liked Lyon too, but she started acting possessive.

And how could I neglect: Skald Egan. Coolest character ever. Sad day you never get him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite characters (And, actually, the only characters I liked and used...I was a bit underwhelemed with the game, but...that's another topic) were Lun, Zerase (simply because her second letter to you when you investigate her made me laugh out loud, because I say that all the time), Lorelai, Belcoot, and, surprisingly, Georg.

I say surprisingly because Georg, circa Suikoden II is one of the most overrated characters ever, so I was fully prepared for them to do absolutely nothing with his character. But then they made him a cool guy, and forced me to like him.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the characters in this game looked great and it's hard to pick just a handful of characters as my favorite. But when talking about favorite characters in Suikoden V, the guy that tops the list is Mr. Gladiator himself, Zegai. He's a favorite because he's not one of those characters that looked great but lacked the stats and power to back up his "Raw Power" look. I made him dish out 2000+ normal attacks, which has made me love him even more. <3

Lyon is one of those characters that really stick to you, maybe because she's with you almost all the time. What's not to love? Great character design, amazing background and awesome stats. And when she's with the prince, they look great together. :P

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another edition of characters that I love from Suikoden V.

As Acheron stated, Bernadette Egan is an extremely useful character. Her long range power is fairly good and her skill with magic is exceedingly above average. She never leaves my party as well. While I'm not big on Nelis and Yahr, this Islander is a very great character. I took Skald Egan's advice to heart and worked her to my heart's content. I however do not have her as my main healer, but as my supplementary mage, although I DO have her with the ressurection rune. Her ability to equip that million dollar armor boosts her magic defense by 50. This essentially guarantees she'll be near the last dead should some sort of unforseen magical onslaught overtake the frontliners of my party. Thus her equipping the ressurection rune makes great sense. I usually give her a Rage or Thunder rune.

Cathari really is a useful character, more for her godspeed rune than her use in battle, but there are occasions where I toss her in because she's a quick hitter, and if given a power rune and a crazed rune, she hits a quick 1000+ damage. And her back row status prevents most melee attacks from touching her, so the Power rune's halved PDF doesn't come into major effect. But I think she's one of the most useful characters for that Godspeed rune too.

Another VERY abusable character is Raven. Pop a firefly rune on him whenever in a dungeon and you're good to go. 100% evasion and he gets all the attacks. His attack and such isn't the best but he's still useful because the other 5 members in my party have the skills to take out opponents just fine. However, when it comes down to the final areas, I tossed him aside because magic takes him down like a sock on fire (Just try lighting a lighter on your sock.. Fwoof!).

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite characters are the ones in my sig. Except for Cathari because I don't have a picture of her yet, but she does have an awesome look about her and a cool gun, I just wish that her personality was developed more. Yahr was a favourite for how he was so devoted to both the destruction of rune cannons and to the prince, he also looks incredibly cool and is a strong character. All the others are fairly standard characters and everyone else knows the reasons for liking them.
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Transfer Complete....

I love the Falenan Royal Family and their personal bodyguards, but that's a given since they're very fleshed out.

So, taking them out of the equation, my favorites are:

Cathari: She's fast as heck and carries a big gun. Girl + Gun = FTW!

Hazuki: Have you seen the way she parries and does a counter? That and because she and Marina have some bad blood between each other. Heh. Stupid Belcoot.

Viki: nuff' said.

Sagiri: She has a nice backstory. Can't help but favor her out of the others.

Linfa: Her scenes are funny and she's hot.

Egbert: FILTHY DEVILS!

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Egbert: Hands down my favorite character in the entire series. The very fact that He went back to the sewers even after defeating the Godwins is a good example of just how much of a nutcase He really is.

"FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS!! AS LONG AS YOUR SPIRIT PERMEATES THE AFTERLIFE I CAN NEVER REST!!

ARRGGHHH!! THE GODWINS WERE LURKING BY THE GRASSY KNOLL!! SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!!!"

Euram: I didn't even realize He was recruitable until after I beat the game. I rushed to Rainwall after the event that transpired between Salum and Sialeeds so I could let him weep in my arms (in the most heterosexual and platonic way possible) and tell him everything's going to be okay but He wasn't there. A good example that the recruiting in this game most of the time isn't as simple as you tend to think. Sadly, He became second fiddle for me once I discovered Egbert.

Belcoot: Never left my party whenever He was an option. Could've done without the relationship with Marina but beggars can't be choosers I guess. He's my obligatory powerhouse.

Though Is it just me or does the Falcon rune really seem to start to lose it's edge in the late parts of the game?
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game produced so many likable and quality characters that it's hard for me to narrow it down, but if I had to they would be:

-The Detective "gang" (Oboro/Sagiri/Shigure, but I don't really care for Fuyo that much).
-Miakis
-Cathari
-Lucretia
-The Sindar "gang" (Killey/Lorelai/Zweig, IMO the most humerous dialogue in the entire game is between them, poor Lorelai)
-Lyon
-Kyle

There are many more I liked, but not as much as these guys.

~Siefer
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a few more characters worth mentioning that weren't on the original list, now that I get further into the game. Unfortunately, I'm a bit unimpressed with the villains. I rather like Dolph, but Childerich and the Godwins are a bit...well, they seem to mostly just be 'there', not having nearly an active enough role in the storyline. Not like Luc and his gang, or Luca Blight, or maybe even Windy from Suikoden I.

However, I've discovered a certain fondness for Richard. Part of it no doubt stems from how outrageously powerful he is, which is always a desireable quality, but also his seeming innocence and his obsession with making an impression (or whatever...) on Mueller makes me laugh. I also rather like his fighting style.

I'm also quite fond of Miakis, now that I've gotten her back into my party, at long last. Like all the other characters on my list (by total coincidence), she's quite powerful, but I'm also something of a fan of her character, and have been since the start of the game. Since I'm not a terrifically large fan of Princess Lymsleia herself, I rather like Miakis better now that she's seperated from her. How long that will remain the case, I don't know, since I haven't finished the game yet...and I've been stagnating at the Queen's Campaign for a couple of days, as I lost one of my save files (forgot to save...I'm sure it was user error...) ...and had to play three hours of catchup.

Lucretia is, I think, my favourite strategist yet. (The order, for those with interest, goes like this: Lucretia > Shu > Elenore > Mathiu > Caesar). That is, of course, not counting Albert, who I think would still take the cake, except that he was on the other side. Leon Silverberg also is extremely cool, but I digress. I really like Lucretia, ever since she first told the Tenkai that if she thought what he was doing was wrong, she would betray him too.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyle: We didn't have anyone Nash like for awhile.
Jeane: Always one of my favorites for every game.
Zerase: She was an I-win button.
Richard: He reminded me of Luc a lot even though he was a godly swordsman not mage and was always up in the frontline tanking to make sure my party would win.
Women from Harmonia: I forgot her name but I liked her gun a lot.
Lucretia: I really liked her strats.
Georg: Something about him just said bad ass out to me.

I forgot to mention Sagiri. I liked him because he was a lazy goof ball just like me. Then later in the game he suprised us all when we found out he used to be in Nether Gate.
Xai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked a lot of the characters in this game. Off the top of my head:

Richard: A friggen powerhouse, he is. @_@ The only thing is that his MDF was kind of low for me and he kept dying while I was fighting the last boss. He's adorable. ^_^

Zerase: Great magic user, and I liked her attitude.

Georg: I liked using him in SII and it was nice to see more of him in this game and his story. Too bad you don't get to use him much.

the Prince: Best Suikoden hero, in my opinion.

Roy: I like his attitude and he's hilarious every time he gets caught impersinating the Prince in the castle. His crush on Lyon is cute.

Euram: That scene in Sable. Priceless. XD

Josephine: I never used her but I thought she was funny with the whole "FASHION DIVA" thing.

Egbert: THOSE FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS!1!11!!

Other characters I like are Miakis, Belcoot, and Lyon.

{livejournal/deviantart/broken-shards.net}
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have quite a few favorite characters in this game because so many are given a chance to shine however I'm going to go w/ my top 10

1. Georg Prime-though fairly good in SII he seemed so boring but in SV he is amazing from beginning to end, he has quite a lot of things you figure about him as story goes plus he is godly in battle his ridiculously high attack and his awesome killer rune makes him great for battle however; he still has that magic defense problem

2. Miakis-this girl surprised me her voice isnt that annoying and she disses on the princess and when u get her in doraat how she resists is awesome shes a character who deserved big time to be a T star as she is a great character plus in battle her magic is awesome and so is her attack she really outshines Lyon later on.

3. Prince Faroush-yeap the prince himself I just started new game + and when I seem him in his orange outfit and his young face I realize how much change he goes through in the story he seriously rivals Tir and I believe is my favorite hero. If you do it right he becomes a god in battle what w/ his Royal Paradise Epic and amazing stats later in the game, I actually have him tanking it and the Dawn Rune is quite versatile its 3rd n 4th powers r great especially w/ the Twilight Rune

4. Zerase-the playable Leknaat basically. Give her any Rune and max out those magic stats to SS n shes amazing pretty good attack too for a mage. The Star Rune is great in battle and major battles haha. She is quite an important character too I love her arrongance and all she does in the second half of the game to dis on Alenia and Sialeeds and any one who is doing wrong w/ the Runes. Plus shes a great looking lady.

5. Kyle-Though outshined by tanks and other high attackers such as Galleon, Belcoot, Dinn, and Zegai, he easily one of the most well rounded characters a pretty good attacker and frontline man when Georg isnt in your party and he compliments Georg well w/ their Unite Attack. If anything he's a great healer put that Flowing Rune on him and you have urself an amazing healer. Plotwise he's hilarious and I'm glad his perversions werent censored, he's also still noble though and what he does after the war surprised the heck out of me.

6. Lyon-Oooo that Twilight Rune she becomes far better w/ that rune and 3 rune slots plus her attack is still pretty good she really pales in comparison to Miakis late in the game but shes a great best friend way better than Gremio and Nanami and more interesting than Fubar n Sgt. Joe. Figure out her truths w/ Nether Gate and all that makes her even better plus the Hero/Faroush really comes into great character w/ Lyon. She becomes very lovable later in the story as she slips away from you too many times. Endgame shes a good all-around character step behind Kyle for attack n defense but I step ahead w/ the Twilight Rune. Plus I like her n Hero/Faroush Unite Attack early on.

7. Lun-I think shes gorgeous one of the best looking Suiko characters plus though shes not as skilled as a built-up Lorelai she is still a great character if you continue to level her up and keep her. Plus shes hilarious when paired w/ Logg and Subala and shes a good all-around character and keeps on deserving to have voice acting scenes. Shes great and what she does after the war is also quite a surprise.

8. Zweig-Some people may not like his stuck-up attitude but it fits his character well and he has a great character design plus he's great w/ a Thunder Rune and decent attack fairly fast. He is very important to the story in different ways and is beyond me why he isnt a T star. I gotta love his weapon too like I said great character design and great w/ any Sindar Ruins parts and works well w/ Lorelai and Killey.

9. Lorelai-Completer turn around for me on my opinion of her I hated her in SI and really didnt care about her in SII she was never than important to the story and looked ugly in SI and I never used her in battle. However; in SV I thought she was awesome I mean she actually means something in this Suikoden, joins after a duel(similar to checking toughness) is excellent w/ magic and pretty quick attack plus a much better character design that makes her pretty.

10. Oboro's Detective Agency-I have to include these all together but their secret adds a huge amount to their characters as a whole. what Oboro does after the war is a surprise. Shigure and Sagiri are great in battle and major battles. They have great character designs. I ended up loving Oboro's truths, Shigure's laidbackness, and Sagiri's sorrowful truth. Fuyo is nowhere near as cool but I guess you need someone to keep all them to together.

Honorobale Mentions-
Lucretia, Roog and Rahal, Killey, Galleon, Dinn, Logg, Jeane

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fox Hound

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My picks,

1. Georg Prime - Badass sighted, starts of a badass, and in the end still a badass, decent backstory and personality through out the game. One of the Best Fighter in the game, high speed, high crits, insane damage, and double-attack in one slash always do you good.

2. Prince - also a badass, but more like a good guy/gentle personality. The best all-around fighter who has SS in Royal Paradise.

3. Gizel Godwin - starts off great, decent plot and schemes, awesome background, his conviction plus sarcastic smiles in the beginning towards Prince and co. is decent, sadly though, getting downhill pretty fast in the middle of the game, ended up being one of the forgetful villains in Suikoden.

4. Luserina Barrows - one of my favourite girl in the game, reliable, intellegent, strong-willing, good natured, and ended up as one of your most loyal subject, hinted to be in-love with the Prince. Her downfall is that her character developement just plain sucks.

5. Miakis - Cheerful personality, the joker in your team, reliable, can get along with anyone, also one of the best fighter in the game with all-around stats. Her scene in Doraat really hits me.

6. Lyon - One of the most loyal subject of yours, decent in battle, seems like she understand the Prince's personality best, and no matter what choice the Prince made, she would gladly follow him regardless what other may say...... talk about blind loyalty or love. Anyway the story hinted that the Prince may indeed love her from the start and can be said backwards. The only downfall about her is that she will probably always be with you no matter where you are, be it in the restroom or in bed. And treated you like you're some kind 5 year old kid.

7. Belcoot - Hah! He should've been the main hero. Why? Because he's surprisingly clueless just like any RPG hero to-date. Even that he's swordskill is badass, had a decent background and manage to beat a sword prodigy like Hazuki, and manage to make both Hazuki and Marina to be obsessed with him, talk about being a pimp or cluelessness..., Also one of the Best Fighter in the game, those who said that the Falcon Rune is nerfed are insane. My Belcoot does 2-3k Damage if equipped with a Killer Rune above level 60, even I once got around 5-6k againts the last boss.

8. Zweig - Suck in battle, but awesome personality, I like how he's being sarcastic to almost everyone, especially Lorelai and he's somewhat a main-plot character through out the game. His bath scene with Viki and Lorelai is really funny.

9. Viki - Needless to say..... I've liked her since Suikoden II....... I don't know why, her airheadness and naiveness really gets me.

10. Kyle - the Ladies man, as mentioned before me. His personality cracks me up. I like how he insulted and bashing the Prince because the Prince didn't peek his *gasp* own sister and aunt in the fountain, plus his dialogue with Jeane. That alone is enough to give me a good laugh, hence a favourite.
Rune of Knowledge

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Jeanne. She seem to be more interesting in suikoden V. Probably due to the fact that some of the disturbing rumors about her at least subsided. One of them would be that it's a family of Jeanne...that sure got me viewing her as a simple and not complex character at all. Now we do know that that isn't the case, since she took something that was left behind from the ruin in falena...which was the kingdom that was destoryed by the mad king of the old armes nation. Viki was interesting...but in this episode...she is just as clueless as any other installment and talk about a lack of character...she is juts not at all fun to use anymore. I was hoping that she was a little smarter or at least stay the similar to suikoden IV...but instead they gone and made her into a dump, stupid, airheaded little girl that doesn't have anything really special about her in this one. She just seem like a normal stupid girl, although, supposely she have great magic power and stuff...but she appear to be pretty useless in battle...i mean there are just plenty of other characters that could replace her easily with their overall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: