Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Prince: My opinion is that he's the best of the Suikoden heroes thus far. I can't really offer much in the way of explanation.

Georg Prime: I can fully admit i'm a Georg fanboy, even since Suikoden II. Getting a chance to see him as a younger man, yet still with all of his "Deathblow Georg" charm was just...just wonderful! And the fact that he was actually just a great guy, loyal and honorable, willing to fight until the very end. And of course, the whole "eyepatch" thing.

Mathias: This is my kind of character. Immediately upon hearing about him, i know he would make my favorite characters of Suikoden V list. Apart from the fact that i love anything related in any way to the Maximillian Knights, Mathias was a phenomenal character; entirely devoted to Isabel in such a way that he prefers you speak to her instead of him? Living only to serve at her whim and to live and die at her word? I love that.

Cathari: So, i love gunners. I missed them these past two games. But more than that, Cathari's actually cool to me; great look, awesome gun, and i love when she says "Got your back" whenever you put her in your party. I do have a habit of liking characters based on their actual personal details and storyline as opposed to statistics, i guess!

Euram Barows: I don't know what it was, but i was all about this guy. Yeah, he was petty and kind of stupid, willing to go to any dirty lengths to destroy the Prince, but he still somehow won my heart.
Cohkka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Highlight, spoilers

Sialeeds: Yeah, she gets pretty crazy towards the end, but she's really sharp for the most part.

Ferid and Arshtat: This is the first time the hero has had both parents. The scene where you see them die is reason enough for them to be on the list. I wish they were in the game a little longer.

Lun and Logg: "I'm sorry your parents kicked the bucket"
"Pop, you idiot!"

Haha.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have alot of fav characters in this game. Much more than Suiko II and III. I'll round it out to my top 3:

1.Georg Prime: Like I need to give a reason for him. He's simply badass with both personality and skills. Also seeing him in his younger days and being involved in perhaps the best scene in Suikoden history has made him the greastest IMO.

2.Zerase: Star Rune and attitude. I love her.

3.Belcoot: Another powerhouse in the game. His scenes in the Sacred Games were awesome and well played out. He can one-hit anything.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are my favorites:

Josephine: Quite damaging when given a Rage Rune. Her personality isn't that bad either

Cornelio: Mediocrity, must I say more?

Kyle: I was wondering what would come out of his mouth next...

Logg, Lun, and Subala: The arguements are hilarious...especially during the fishing...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers!

Georg: What else is there to say, I love Georg, I have always loved him, ever since suikoden II, because we all know he's latino.... But he's awesome in the game as well.

Fuyo: She seems very nice and sweet and reminds me of Ms. Piggy.

Roy: HA! So now I know copy cats rhyme with 'oi. I bet the next copy cat will be name "Boy, or Coy, or Toy or Zoy etc. He's funny, and one hell of a charater.

Lyon: Yay! Another Gremio/Nanami

Oboro: He's a bit of a crappy detective, but his past is very dark and sweet.

Euram Barrows: Okay, the only reason I like him is because he's funny. Other than that.... meh....

Zearese: She's awesome, a great mage, and reminds me a lot of Luc.

Killey: I never really cared for Killey in previous suikoden games, but now that I know a little more about him, he's I have a lot of respect for her.

Lorelai: If there's one charater I have gained respect for, it has to be Lorelai. I felt that the people over Konami, did a good job keeping her personality from suikoden 1 and 2. I also like how they explain, that she came to the Scarlet Moon Empire.

EDIT!!
Cathari: I don't know where I would be without this girl. Not only is she an awseome gunner, but she has a godspeed(thats RIGHT not True Holy Rune) rune. She also seems to have ties to Liecrita.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers ahoy!

Since I've finally completed this game, I feel I'm fit to respond here now.

Egbert Aethelbald: Easily one of my favourite characters in this game. I'm going to take a note of every word he says next play through. He's absoultely hilarious, and helps pass the time with the occassion spot of checkers. I also used him in pretty much every battle, leading Cavalry... where he would STAB THE FILTHY DEVILS IN THE FOREHEAD WITH HIS FINGERNAIL!! TO WAR!! I only wish I could have used him in ordinary fights.

Georg Prime: Possibly my favourite character in the entire Suikoden Series, I really like his personality overall. Inspirational guy, I love the story behind his eyepatch and also the cheesecake deal ("The usual"). The fact that he is practically invincible in battle is just an added bonus (with the exception of Magic attacks of course). Theres one guy I'd love to have as my mentor in life.

Galleon: I have a weak spot for old stubborn diehard warriors who never give in. I knew from the moment I saw his picture on the official Suikoden V site that we'd get along well. His relationship with Silva adds an extra interesting dimention, and his loyalty and dedication is very admirable.

Belcoot & Dinn: Two guys I liked who I found to be quite similar, and using them paid off in the form of a unite attack. Just generally nice guys, one seemingly having more luck with women than the other. Their demeanour and general no nonsense personalities appealed to me.

Rahal: Similar to Belcoot and Dinn personality wise, but perhaps somewhat more refined. I appreciate people who have a good heart, are well spoken, have a strong sense of duty and don't mess about too much. Dressing up as his sister to fool the guards was hilarious however, if somewhat disturbing and strangely arousing at the same time.

Craig Laden: Another person who I would really have liked to have been a fighter, but had to live with just using him in the big battles with his Dragon Unit. Strong sense of duty, well spoken and well shaven. I really liked his look, he looked like a decent noble warrior guy. I liked the bit when he was in a pickle because of the Godwins messing about with the Dragons in Gladius, where he was torn.

Thought Zahaak looked pretty cool as well, and quite liked Marcarl Godwin's character. Reminded me of Emperor Barbarossa. "What kind of land will you make in its stead?" (or something to that effect)

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Danny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... my favorite are : Hero, Zegai, Belcoot, Georg, Lun, Zerase, Viki, Shigure, Luserina, Sialeeds (hehehe...), Faylon (... me like chubby dudes), Roy, Mathias (creepy, but nice), Lu (she's kinda funny) and more...

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to post a couple more of my fav characters:(minor spoilers)

Gizel Godwin: Sure he started the civil mess in Falena and forced Lym to the coronation ceremony. Still what makes me like him his whole much mischief he can pull. His schemes and plans got him to be the commander of the Queen's Knights. He pulled the right strings apparently.heh And his character art is cool.

Jeane: Aside from her looks, it was good to see her be in the plot in some way. She still a mystery in this one, but at least she has been making somewhat of an impact in the Suiko history.

Roy: He's a little bit coller than the Prince IMO, but that's because he pulls off the cocky thief so well. His advances towards Lyon made me :*laugh*:
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Boz Wilde...But he cannt use in common battle... :cry:
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince: Cool Character lolz

Lyon: She's cute,strong,fast and everyyhing

Miakis: What a cute and cheerful girl

Belcoot: Cool personality man

Lymsleia: cute girl too bad not a 108 SOD

Sagiri: wicked cool and all smile

Oboro: Damn cool
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite characters are:

Lyon: She's great. She not only acts as a guardian of the prince, but as an advisor too.

Georg: Need I say more?

Belcoot: He's honourable and has good manners.

Miakis: Cute and happy-go-lucky

Poz Wilde: Nice Mohican hairstyle

The Prince: A great character. He has stats above average and wields a cool weapon too.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Highlight for spoilers)

My favourite characters are:

Belcoot: He's a fantastic fighter, and has a neat backstory. Especially if you take him to (fight Childerich when you take back Stormfist. Belcoot, Richard, and I think MAYBE Zegai (Haven't tried that) can do the duel in your place.)

Georg Prime: WEll, that's not much of a surprise, he's a great character and you can tell that even at such a young age he's seen far more than his share of battles. (And that line in Lunas near the beginning of the game. "Not the bloodiest tale of sucession I've heard of." made me happy and sad at the same time. =P)

Kyle: Characters like him crack me up, always trying to hit on the ladies. He reminds me of Sheena in personality, except a lot more loyal.

Dolph: This guy terrifies me. He's the perfect assassin. Monotone voice, plain clothes, cold uncaring facade. Plus when he stands next to more garish characters like Childerich, you can barely notice him! Creepy..

And last, but certainly not least, I like Cornelio. If you don't like Cornelio, you're just a mediocrity who cant fathom pure genius! =P
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

logg: what? are you kidding? with a name like that and his actions, how can you not like this buffoon? i love his laugh when he gets in the last hit on an attack-so doofy, i laugh with him.

i like lun, but not nearly as much as her big daddy; she hits fairly hard and has more than decent skills with a fire rune.

zerase: this woman is the very epitome of grace under pressure; burns anyone worth her scorn and leaves ashes, and then there's that small matter of her star rune. imo, the best mage available.

zweig: i just do; he does enough damage to rate him worth adding to the party and does better than average damage with a lightning rune, plus that treasure hunt skill adds a nice bonus to every round.

kyle: 'the ladies' man ladies' man...wannabe;' i like his maniacal laugh-there's just something about that, and he's pretty quick with water based runes as well.

georg prime: no way i could leave the ultimate tank out of the picture; he hits hard, he's fast and often gets kills with one or two hits-just pure awesome, and he was overdue for some serious spotlight time.

boz: the corny comments, the hairdo, the bigger than big presence; what's not to like?

belcoot: another tank, he's got the hit, he's got the look, but the falcon rune was kind of a dissapointment and the slowness....*sigh.*

i'm betting there will be new favorites soon; i'm curious about cornelio...and from what i've read about him, he might be the comedic relief for my party.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Vanilmirth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Ferid, (With a dad like that... woot)
Kyle, (self-proclaimed ladies man XD)
Lyon, (Cute lol)
and Roy (Try harder for Lyon rofl)

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isabel and Mathais: Smite the evil doers! Throw them into large bodies of water! These two are so crazy its funny, plus I'm still trying to figure out Isabel's sword... what is the purpose! Awesome battlestance too IMO, esp when she's tank late in the game with big enemies trying to split her skull to hit her sword for "weapon defense" every time ;p Oh also her comments about people saying her armor is weird lol!

Lyon: Boy it tears me up that she's removed from the party for all that time, she is by far my most favourite character in the game and its just not the same running around without her at my heels :( Plus i get the bad ending and aww

Killey: When I saw he was a L range dart thrower with only 1 combo possible I was quite peeved, that is until I tried the GS2 trick and put a fury rune on him.... OMG!! At 35 ( when you get him ) I sharpened his weapon and went to Lunas, first battle he hits a fly for 1015 damage. And it wasn't a crit. I was immediately in love with him again, he kicked Zerase from my party as a mage because he's faster and my word he gets a ton of crits and double crits with those darts. I was annoyed he couldn't wear light armor though! XD

Lorelai: Normally I try her out and get bored of her, however in this game perhaps it was the flowing rune I put on her but she always sneaked into my parties!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: