Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How about a Tenkai from another race?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a nonhuman tenkai star is a refreshing idea for me. they can tackle a lot of things from the racism in the suikoden world to the nonhuman's point of view of how the humans try to 'rule' the world.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would find it amusing to see a Nay-Kobold as a Tenkai. That is if they weren't like any of the Nay-Kobolds we have seen...except maybe Nalkul. Then again, I liked Chiepoo as well. It's just that Champo would be too incompetent to lead.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Red, the reason RPG main characters don't have bows(or other ranged weapons) as there main weapons is that a leader is supposed to be conveyed as strong and is supposed LEAD, something which is not accomplished by standing in the back row. Honestly, if you were joining someones cause, would you stay if he hung out in the back row, while you took all the hits?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In all actuality, yes. Its seriously not wise for the proclaimed "hero" to be constantly exposed to opponents. If I were to vow to help this hero I'd gladly protect him or her. Look at how the Queen's Knights do everything in their power (Well, the good ones like Miakis, Georg, Kyle and Galleon) to protect their leader. To say that a hero isn't strong because he's not skilled with a sword/staff/axe/spear/tonfa/nunchaku etc. is really not true. I doubt Arshtat could slice and dice with a sword and she was a great leader. Until the Sun Rune thing overtook her mind..yadda yadda.

Leadership isn't based on what weapon you use or how you fight with it. Its based on the ability to do the right thing at the right time, say the correct things when neccessary, and of all RPG series out there, I think Suikoden is most apt to showing what it takes for someone to be a true leader. Just because the person uses a bow doesn't disqualify him from being a good leader or a hero.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yo I wonder what it would be like if Suikoden VI takes place in the Blue Moon and the Tenkai is actually a vampire.

Quote:
Leadership isn't based on what weapon you use or how you fight with it. Its based on the ability to do the right thing at the right time, say the correct things when neccessary, and of all RPG series out there, I think Suikoden is most apt to showing what it takes for someone to be a true leader. Just because the person uses a bow doesn't disqualify him from being a good leader or a hero.

Yes I agree, thats pretty much the nature of Suikoden, doing whats right, knowing choices from right from wrong, and showing that even the smallest person can have a great amount of strength and courage, I wish Suikoden would go mainstream like Final Fantasy, if people really knew how incredible it really is!!

For me, Suikoden gives you a reason to rally more characters to your cause, rather then wondering aimlessy fighting one villian to the next, rather then the main problem, which some games tend to do, and the Tenkai's in the game pretty much fit the description of the one in the book, who was not much of a fighter, the Tenkais always appear to be weak looking or dry from the other characters in the game. if that makes sense?
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eh I say female before different race

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden has always been a male human as the main character, some diversity would be nice. I think easing in a female lead may be a wiser choice than a different race. While I would love to see an elf as a main character, I could definitely see it being a flop. I find people more drastic with opinions about different suikoden races, more love or hate anyway. While everyone may not like playing a human main character, it's always familliar to identify with so it can't really go wrong, it's a safezone of sorts. I find gender changes are accepted more readily in games.

For the topic itself though, I'd love to see an elf tenkai. Being able to see how an elven village works and how they act when humans aren't around and just basics of the community would be nice. The suikoden elves have this fear or hate of humans in general, it'd be nice to see elves expanded upon by a main character which is a elf in support of racial diversity and dealing with the elven background of a basic anti-human/agressive race nature.
That said though, I'm biased to elves, so it works for me but I could see how it wouldn't for others.
The idea is interesting, but I doubt we'll be seeing a non human tenkai, perhaps we're ready for a gender change though :)

-My DeviantArt-
vspirit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:
I would certainly like a non-human Tenkai; the current system seems too hegemonic.

Uh...would you, by any chance, actually be meaning 'homogenic' instead?

i'm actually pretty savvy with a non-human tenkai. well one that's not completely human anyway. being the case that most wars involve humans (one faction HAS to be human, so that we the gamers, being humans ourselves--I hope--can at least relate), and humans being the majority of the suikoden world's population, it's inevitable that other races WILL get dragged into the fray (as demonstrated clearly how and why in V). If it's any other races, the scale just wouldn't be big enough to garner an all out warfare and total participation of mankind. If it did, we'd just do it so we can become the winners in the end (even if it means siding both ends xD), since we overwhelm all other species in sheer numbers, even if they won. We humans can be pretty selfish that way. xxxD

hyuk.

er, I digress. Anyway, that said, I feel a half-elf would be intriguing. A fella caught in between two vastly different cultures and races. Based on that alone, a political epic can be spun easily enough (tho it's always the crafting that either makes it or breaks it...V was very well crafted, which was what made it) with strong personal involvement from the protagonist due to circumstancial reasons. it'd be interesting, and a difference that prolly won't tilt the balance for us players too much. >.<
Etenralmaiden

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it would really bother me either except maybe for the fact that I actually kinda like mermaids...but we're never gonna get any right? :'(
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

vspirit wrote:
Uh...would you, by any chance, actually be meaning 'homogenic' instead?

homogenious would be the word I think and Camus might wanted to say hegemonic as predominant and that would make sense.

I would like to have another tenkai the next time though I haven't played yet with the androgynous tenkai of Suikoden V. As personal preference I think I would rather play with a female lead or a kobold than an elf or a Nay-kobold. To play with one of the latter races would be a disappoinment to me.
Anyway, the story of a race who tries to become independent and fight against the human race who oppressed the race of your tenkai could be interesting. I think we have already learned about slavery in the suikoden world so oppressing a different race isn't so unlikely... I think it depends on how the race you are belonging too is shown. I am sure it won't work too well if the race is too different from any human system and it fight against almost everything mankind stands for, but if it's a "great" race fighting against slavery and oppression I am sure it could be attracting...

Furthermore I am sure it wouldn't work to have one race on the known nations to revolt, because these nations are beloved by some and fans wouldn't want to see their nation be destroyed. This isn't only for people from SuikoX, but for perhaps most people who have played other Suikoden games. This way we would learn another country with a new civilisation and perhaps a new race. The possibilities are great, because we could explore entire new legends and traditions. The one thing that isn't that great would perhaps be that not very much people from former games could be in the new one and that might be a big disappointment for fans.

The Fool
vampiric

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hello, a newb here^^. I played suikoden 2, 3, 4 and 5. I missed the first suikoden because I never had a psx. I played suikoden 2 on emulator.
Btw, I like the idea of non-human tenkai star.
I too prefer the elf, since they are the most seen non-human races on the series. But I think, the non-human tenkai star races should be a major political races at the story.
So, if the tenkai star is a non-human race, the place it took story should be a place with a rather powerful non-human faction. For example it should not just an elven village, but an elven nation-like faction. Perhaps kingdom, perhaps druidhood, perhaps elven theocracy, etc. So it would make sense that the tenkai star character, is also connected to powerful people, a suikoden tradition (son of a general, adopted son/grandson of a hero, lost prince, and prince of a queendom).
Not I said it should be a elven majoritiy story, but I think it still make sense if the story, about relationship of elves and humans if the elves not just a small faction, unlike previos series
for example, about an elven faction that had major diplomatic problem with its humans neighbours, which turned into a war when one of elven strong person assassinated. The elves start the war, with major victory over victory, yet when their humans foe factions united the elves turned to be defeated. When a truce was reached and peace nearly settled, something happened which is some power hungry human plots, which chasing of powerful true rune, which the elfs guard, etc. And there, the story begin. Btw, this just example if the tenkai star is non-human (in this case Elf).
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see a Lycanthropes Tenkai or a Vampire Tenkai :mrgreen:

and to you vampiric, welcome to the forum!! :wink: and i hope you enjoy your stay 8-)
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may not be the best idea, but it sure would be an amusing Suikoden game if the Tenkai was of the Beavers.

Nuoooooh!

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heheh, the Tenkai would be... short...
and hey, how about a mermaid or merman or something... like swimming in the oceans, gathering stars from every part of the ocean...
and combined with the True Ocean Rune, whatever it will do :mrgreen:
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd never be able to beat that game because I'd continually let the hero die. I hate those damn beavers.

Anyways, I'm gonna have to say no to the idea of a non-human Tenkai. It really seems that the majority of people who are for it would want an elf Tenkai and that wouldn't work. Elves generally don't trust humans, and humans aren't overly trusting of elves, and with humans being the most populace race in the Suikoverse, it just wouldn't be very believable that an elf could unite an army of thousands, the majority of which would be humans.

I also don't care much for the idea of a female Tenkai, but that's more to do with me being male and liking to put myself in the shoes of the hero, and because I like there to be a romantic undertone between the hero and another character. It just wouldn't be the same for me if the sexes were reversed.

Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't refuse to buy the game if they did change to a non-human or a female Tenkai, I just much prefer the status quo.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: