Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New animals and races
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anthro hogs, Hanzo from Koie's The Journy west, a pig-man? I wonder what the term is for pig men.

nekomata! I ate a few of those in digital devil saga: Avatar tuner.

don't forget we could, for a race always have selkies, or kelpies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see wemics (a lion/human version of a centaur) or perhaps a spear carrier riding atop an elephant mount (could be one character or two). Someone mentioned "mousekobolds", that would be ratkin. They would make real nice thief/assassin/other-shady type characters. Also, pig men would be Orcs.

Edit: Oooh! a thin rat thief named Slim Shady......it could happen
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually starting to get sick of some of the new races. We have a bunch of great races that we've seen very little of. I think the best bet would be to focus on some already existing races. We need to see the kobolds again (I hope the Nei-Kobolds are extinct by now), the Lizard and Duck clans, and Wingers.

The have done a good job with keeping the elves in the story and I was pretty happy to get see the dwarves again. I really wish they wouldn't have added dragon horses and would have stuck with real dragons but oh well I guess.

Races/Animals that need to go extict:
Nei-Kobolds
Beavers
Mermaids - they'd be ok if their personalities were better
Giant Owls
Kangacorns - no need for them with dragon horses around
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nice idea there, i like the possible extintion of one of those (or some of those) races or animals. maybe a subsuikoden game could have that as a main story (ala- suiko tactics) or as a pretty much major plot event for a future game.

example: nay-kobolds are living peacefully then suddenly a true rune, maybe as powerful as the sun rune, can blast them to smithereens and that rune later turns out as that game's tenkai's rune or as the enemy's rune. :P
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Nay-Kobolds community is pretty much alive during the Suikoden V era. Bernadette mentioned them, remember?

Speaking of races that "should" go extinct, doesn't that kind of sentiment remind you of a certain noble family in Falena? How thoughtful.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never. Nay-Kobolds are the best race besides Humans! I say if we off somebody, we off the Mermaids.

Guy 1: "Nuke the Mermaids!"
Guy 2: "Why the Mermaids?"
Guy 1: "Gotta Nuke something."

Seriously, I don't think any new races are needed. There are alredy pleny out there that can be reused. Nay-Kobolds (I was rooting for the term Catbold), Kobolds, Vampires, Wingers, Werewolves, Mermaids, Lizards, Ducks, Beavers, Elves and Dwarves. But if one were absolutely neccessary I think Giants could be cool. They'd be like 10 feet tall. Not like Gigas Hill Giants that are 40 feet tall and can stomp buildings, but more like REALLY big people. And perhaps Meuller can be the son of a Giant-human relationship. He was extraordinarily tall.

As far as actual animals we can have another Unicorn like Sigfried in there. We've seen 2 Griffons and I'm not sick of them as both Feather and Fubar were awesome in battle. The octopi weren't bad. Maybe if its post Suikoden III we can see Chuchara all grown up! Chances are we won't see Byakuren or his type again, nor will we see Genoh or the great tortoises again. Unless we see a game set in the Falena area. Perhaps "Boss" had kids he just forgot to tell us about them (as he forgets a lot).

New animals, an Elephant sounds okay, as does a leopard. Perhaps since V had DoReMi elves we can recruit a Holly Fairy or a Creeper. Maybe a friendly FurFur? I would be okay with most animals just as long as there is a realm of believability. I don't want to see a fighting snail (unless it was a racing snail like from NeverEnding Story!) or befriending an alien. That wouldn't be very cool.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
The Nay-Kobolds community is pretty much alive during the Suikoden V era. Bernadette mentioned them, remember?

Speaking of races that "should" go extinct, doesn't that kind of sentiment remind you of a certain noble family in Falena? How thoughtful.

Those statments scream "furcicution" Now I need to doctor up some images or have a certain somonw saying "i hate furries" ;P.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Three races I'd like to see get some lime light.

1) Ant People! I know they were only seen in the first one, but I liked them even though they only were baddies, and an early boss. I think they could have some potential!

2) Mushroom and Mints! They also have some good potential! Two really small waring races!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
Three races I'd like to see get some lime light.

1) Ant People! I know they were only seen in the first one, but I liked them even though they only were baddies, and an early boss. I think they could have some potential!

2) Mushroom and Mints! They also have some good potential! Two really small waring races!

Yea the Ant-people could have a lot of potential, but too bad its just a giant queen ant and her peon ants. What would be nice is if Suikoden VI had the Tenkai be a winger. That would present itself with a nice contrast to all the other tenkais and can have a more gothic theme to the game since Wingers are very dark characters.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would really like to see the already established races making various appearances in other games. I don't like when they touch on something and then never do anything with it.

I like the idea of recruiting more leopards though hehee. big kitty! *purrs*

-My DeviantArt-
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Someone mentioned "mousekobolds", that would be ratkin. They would make real nice thief/assassin/other-shady type characters. Also, pig men would be Orcs.

Edit: Oooh! a thin rat thief named Slim Shady......it could happen

I don't know about the name, but Ive seen rat people in games. Shining force 2 had Slade, he was a theif then upgrads to Ninja.

Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see some orcs on Suikoden World.

Yes, there are a lot of races, but most of them were so pathetic, they just stay put in the middle of nowhere dying with fear of humans appearing.

I'd like to see some new aggressive species on Suikoden, one that could be a threat to humans, not something that would prefer to be hidden all the time.

Even so, more wingers and elfs are always welcome.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ghost armour.

I demand to have one of them in my party, it could say absolutely NOTHING and just join for no reason. But then that would make it a Suikoden IV character... :?

I would vouch for killer rabbits, seeing as flying squirrels and do-re-mi elves got their chance, I think it's high time I can get a maniacal, axe wielding bunny in my party.

Hell, it can even have it's obligatory four friends if it wants, more axes for the grind!

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd really like to see something like Centaurs in a Suikoden game...but I suppose that would never happen.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im actually kinda surprized they hadnt done pigmen already, considering how much Suikoden is influenced by China's 'big 4' books. Or monkey people, for that matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: