Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it finally time for a female Tenkai?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What gender will Suikoden 6's tenkai be?
Female
50%
 50%  [ 55 ]
Male
33%
 33%  [ 37 ]
Both?
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 109

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You said a female tenkai would be around when a talking tenkai would be. Thomas is a very conversational tenkai, is he not?

I've played men in almost every role playing game available. Trust me, you get used to it, and you're overthinking the issue if you think it's ZOMG SO WEIRD I AM NOT THE SEX OF THE PERSON I'M CONTROLLING.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
You said a female tenkai would be around when a talking tenkai would be. Thomas is a very conversational tenkai, is he not?

I've played men in almost every role playing game available. Trust me, you get used to it, and you're overthinking the issue if you think it's ZOMG SO WEIRD I AM NOT THE SEX OF THE PERSON I'M CONTROLLING.

Just maybe if that Tenkai had a similar character design to Jeane.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CoTSG, I think your looking at this the wrong way. In a Tenkai, we should be looking for SUBSTANCE, not that she wears a GGG bra size.

Edit: Hmmm, I think Lorelai might make a good lead role, but unfortunately, I don't see Konami changing an established characters star.
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uuh, I wonder. I would really love a female tenkai, but I guess it would sound strange. More than anything, I'm afraid about how things could go. I really doubt everyone could make a female main chara without getting into stereothypes (and by the way, I loved Chris). It would be really too hard. I do think it would be awsome... but still I doubt it. I can't explain it well, but I just can't see a female leader in Suikoden, as much as I would love too. Honestly, the queendom of Falena was a big step, it's true (but people, really, I don't think the prince feminine look has really an importance. He's just a cute bishonen, that's all. It's not so strange, feminine cute young boys always attracts fangirls), but I doubt we will have something different. Uuh, thinking about it, maybe a mute female tenkai would do it. But I'm still not sure. I can already see at least a bunch of people joining the army just because they're madly in love with the certianly wonderfully beauty tenkai and all... It wouldn't really be great.
*sigh*

Honestly, it's a pity that it's difficult to see good female main charas out there...
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if the Suikoden series isn't quite ready for a female Tenkai yet, it should be ready by VII (wow, getting way too far ahead of myself) as long as Konami doesn't drop the ball as far as having able female characters.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
CoTSG, I think your looking at this the wrong way. In a Tenkai, we should be looking for SUBSTANCE, not that she wears a GGG bra size.

Edit: Hmmm, I think Lorelai might make a good lead role, but unfortunately, I don't see Konami changing an established characters star.

As long as they are easy on the eyes and look cool. I don't want another funny looking main chracter. I had enough of that in Suiko 5. >.<
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the Prince looked really cool in this game, more so with the in-game model. THough I too thought he was a girl when I first saw his art. :*laugh*:

A female Tenkai would be a pretty good thing though, ya know to bring in a new type of Tenkai. I always speculated that maybe Pilika(SuikoII) would be the first female Tenkai if the game was set in Harmonia, but that's a whole different post on my part. Still a girl hero would be nice, with both looks and skills to match.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really dont understand how this could be such a devisive issue, like, at all. Are there really people who turned away Xenosaga and Silent Hill 3 because the main character is a girl? I really dont see the point in apeasing such an infantile xenophobic area of the fanbase. If its good for the story, make the tenkai a woman.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not bad if we have a female tenkai for a change. Then revert back to a guy tenkai on the next next game. :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fron child of the sea god
Quote:

I wouldn't like a female Hero because Suikoden is a role playing game and then I as the player would take on a role as a female. Things would feel all weird for me.

how bout those girls that played the previous suikoden titles that has male tenkai stars eh?

@ryanwh - nice examples to look at. and yes, a proper story is what the next game needs like suikoden 5 and the others.
Judo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does it really make a difference?

I don't really see anything changing if the main character was male or a female, in the end, you chose what they say...or at least, that's how Suikoden works.

Anyways, as long as we don't get another Chris( Yes, I never liked Chris =__= ), I'm okay with it, I guess.

But anyways, I kinda doubt that tha'll happen anytime soon, cuz to me, the events in the Suiko games seem somewhat like events that would happen way back in our history, and as far as I know, in the era where swords, spears, and bows where the weapons of war, most leaders, if not all of them, were male...or at least the ones that I can think of right now <__<

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pilika definately fits the silent hero bill.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Methinks that a female Tenkai would be interesting. There could be a lot of differences with a female character than with a male.

It could be hard for male generals/leaders to trust a femme's decisions which could create pretty good conflict between characters. The Tankai would have to prove herself a lot throughout the game, and the choices that you make as a player could influence the way certain events play out with certain individuals.

Add to that rumours of the populace and you may have a reason for betrayal and envy amongst the army.

It would be interesting to see a struggle to keep the army together as well as fighting the enemy, considering that through the past games, once you've recruited someone to the army, they rarely cause conflict or leave of their own choice. Different factions could despise the fact that there is a woman that leads the army, and with story deaths and deserters, there could be a lot of hard work for the Tenkai to keep it all together.
Add in a rebellion by a male star to try and take over during a down time, and you could get a very interesting story.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would I accept the game if it had a female tenkai? Yes. Do I think it is going to happen? Not really. Why? I dunno to tell you the truth. I just have a feeling that we're going to see another male tenkai.

I am not repelled in any way by female leads. Xenosage, Wild Arms 3 and Rhapsody were all fun games. Also, for the most part we have females doing the major roles in Suikoden since II. Nanami spoke for Riou all the time and it was like she was just as important to the story as he was. In III Chris, Lilly, Queen and Sarah all took major roles. Albeit there were more predominant male roles, it doesn't dilute the fact that they played very key roles in the game. Suikoden IV drifted away from female dominance as there weren't, besides Elenor, any really pivotal females in the game. Flare definitely had potential, but they failed to make her of any serious consequence. Lyon and Miakis definitely take a huge step forward by speaking for the Prince throughout the game and Lucretia definitely was a great strategist.

Perhaps we can have a female tenkai, it wouldn't matter to me in the leasy. I have no clue what Child of the Sea God is talking about. Its not like by playing the role of a female he'll start menstruating or start liking boys. Its not that hard of a stretch to place yourelf in the role of a female. We do it all the time when we watch movies or television. Often in those forms of media we follow the story of a female and we thoroughly enjoy it. Its the same thing with a video game.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Random wrote:
It could be hard for male generals/leaders to trust a femme's decisions which could create pretty good conflict between characters. The Tankai would have to prove herself a lot throughout the game, and the choices that you make as a player could influence the way certain events play out with certain individuals.

Bull puckies. Not only do Female leaders excel in Suikoden (Lucia; Teresa; Chris; Sonya; Odessa; Arshtat; Flare, even - all have loyal troops who never doubt their decisions, who would die for them if and when it came down to it.) , but there has YET to be a time when a character refused to fight for someone due to their sex. And there are plenty relationships where the women are either equal or dominant to their partners, too; the women of Suikoden are rarely meek and humble. Even Yoshino, probably as humble as they get, takes up her nagitana. There's no great inbalance of women to male in non-battle roles.

In fact, there really aren't any gender issues in Suikoden, so I am wondering where this is coming from...

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: