Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it finally time for a female Tenkai?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What gender will Suikoden 6's tenkai be?
Female
50%
 50%  [ 55 ]
Male
33%
 33%  [ 37 ]
Both?
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 109

SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I think the Tenkai will be male again, and I;m more than happy with that. If it is a female? Oh well, I don't mind at all. The characters gender doesn't matter to me, so I'll be happy with either.

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But if there was a female star who would Leknat visit in the middle of the night? All kidding aside, the gender of the role doesn't matter to me, it's the personality.
Yam Koo

Mighty Dragoons of Draconia

10296 Potch
1050 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, I would love to see a female Tenkai, and also be a well done character. I mean the whole Chris thing annoyed me, and personally I dreaded doing her chapters. But to be honest I don't think they will change the norm just yet. I think hey may make one of those later down the road, but not for VI.
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would love to see a female hero for s6 but the male hero is still a welcome idea. given a decent involving storyline, everything (female hero or not; human hero or non human hero) will work just fine.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure that with a female tenkai, things would be completely different. Though, when I heard that Suikoden V was going to be in the Queendom of Falena, I was thinking "Wee! A QUEENDOM!! So, a female tenkai!" But, no. There could still be a female tenkai, though. Which, I am desperately hoping for. It's about time Konami does something like that, and with Suikoden VI being on a new system, they should try to make it as pleasing to the public as possible.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i thought it was a nice touch in suikoden V where you were in a queendom and you were the prince. kinda throw you off because you didn't really have any power.

also i personally like male leads, not because i'm sexist or anything but it seems like game companies just can't get any female main roles right except for a supporting role.

To say if they did a well done female main character i would be happy but right now i've never seen it done and don't plan on seeing it done in the near future

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What difference is there between a female main character and a male one, besides graphics? 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I have to say that it probably is about time that a female character became the lead of the game, but somehow I dont think getting the Tenkai star is what would be the case. I am thinking something more along the lines of probably since it would be more acceptable for some reason to their japanese audience a male lead to start with a close female counterpart. Everything starts together, works together, fight together but lets say the male hero dies at some point in the game, for dramatic purposes lets say that whatever true rune he has been using goes out of control and kills him. Obviously this would be a huge stroyline event, since the "hero" of the game would die in the story(and no were not talking alternative ending im talking story based death). However the rune then chose the female lead, and new commander of the heroes army as it's new bearer lets say half way through the game. Drawing on the obvious emotional loss of a friend, brother, lover whatever they wanted to go with, and using that as an initiative to lead the cause. Then say if you collected all 108 stars the rune would revive the original hero because it would be like the Pheonix rune or something, and it would return to it's original bearer. Following the path of a pheonix it would work, because for a pheonix to revive as a bird of fire, the bird must die first so it would work wouldnt it?

I know it would be nice to have a female lead in Suikoden but I dont know if it would fit what they are going for, unless it's lead off of another game much like Final Fantasy 10-2. However my understanding of Japanese culture and what is, and isnt acceptable to them is limited, so take what I say for what it's worth.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind, but I don't think Konami would do that.

In my eyes, Suikoden is a very traditional RPG, and traditional RPGs don't have female characters as leads. ^^; But I did enjoy having Chris as Flame Champion... that one time out of ten. xD

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
What difference is there between a female main character and a male one, besides graphics? 0.o

In terms of graphics, not much. In terms of storyline, there is a whole new world we could see with a differently gendered tenkai. It depends on how Konami would make her, as well. She could be all pretty and dainty, or she could be tomboyish and tough. She could be a princess, or she could be a theif. It really depends. Though, seeing how Konami always makes the tenkai someone who is of some importance, I would be excited to see what kind of title the female tenkai would have. What I mean is, we've had a prince, a son of a general, a son of a great hero, another prince, and the son of a council member. All important titles. So, I'd like to see what they would do for a female...if they decide to make one.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Again, though, Dzerassa, all of those things could apply to a male hero as well - he could be a prince or a thief; he could be a pretty boy dancy or a big, buff tough guy. Other than the bathroom (which doesn't exist in Suikoden anyway) Female! Tenkai walks in, I don't see how her story would be necessarily different...?

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing that immediately jumped at me when I found out SV's land would be ruled by a Queen, is that Suikoden seemed to be heading into a female direction. S3 had a female scenario lead, S4 had a female main strategist, SV took place in a Queendom, heck even S1's nagging-the-Tenkai character was replaced by a female in S2 (and Nanami was a vast improvement over Gremio IMO). It very much seemed (and still does) like Suikoden is heading towards a female Tenkai. I think it would offer some interesting new possibilities for a Suikoden plot. Having a female Tenkai would indeed offer new ways for Stars to view them and new ways for the story to unfold as far as how characters interact (though, ideally, it shouldn't matter whether said Tenkai is male or female, in reality, it does). I would definately like to see this unfold, especially if Konami picked the right writer...
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol the day they make a female Tenkai is the day where they make the Tenkai talk on a regular basis. I'm not a fan of the female Tenkai idea. :no:
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Child of The Sea God wrote:
*laugh* the day they make a female Tenkai is the day where they make the Tenkai talk on a regular basis. I'm not a fan of the female Tenkai idea. :no:

Yes, I agree. Even when Suikoden III was released it was clear that a female Tenkai would be good - especially a female Tenkai with enough personality as Thomas.

(Care you explain why you don't want a female Tenkai?)

John Layfield wrote:
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Child of The Sea God wrote:
*laugh* the day they make a female Tenkai is the day where they make the Tenkai talk on a regular basis. I'm not a fan of the female Tenkai idea. :no:

Yes, I agree. Even when Suikoden III was released it was clear that a female Tenkai would be good - especially a female Tenkai with enough personality as Thomas.

(Care you explain why you don't want a female Tenkai?)

I don't really understand what you mean in the bolded?

I wouldn't like a female Hero because Suikoden is a role playing game and then I as the player would take on a role as a female. Things would feel all weird for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: