Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why did Queen do that?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Karaya Clan is my absolute favorite clan in the Grasslands. I admit that Aila was a bit rash and jumped in to things... but I most certainly knew how she felt. I wanted Borus to get it just as much as she did. I was actually disappointed he survived the game. :P
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NeonMouko wrote:
The Karaya Clan is my absolute favorite clan in the Grasslands. I admit that Aila was a bit rash and jumped in to things... but I most certainly knew how she felt. I wanted Borus to get it just as much as she did. I was actually disappointed he survived the game. :P
hmmm.....i don't like people with rash attitudes, but out of the two, i'd stick up for Aila.

As for the karayan clan being ur favorite, i wondered what about the Safir Clan. they might have some cool fighters who look like Shin. Oh by the way my fav clan is the Duck Clan.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
As for the karayan clan being ur favorite, i wondered what about the Safir Clan. they might have some cool fighters who look like Shin. Oh by the way my fav clan is the Duck Clan.

Unfortunately, we never see the Safir Clan so I can't really get an opinion on them. We can guess all we want, but they're gone and we'll probably never know what they were actually like.

Back on topic, I do think Queen stopped Alia because she knew how Alia felt and she also knew that VDZ was just as bad as Brass castle. Tons of guards, no escape. She didn't want Alia to sign her own death warrant.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Karayans are a bit rash(and my favourite clan as well, incidentally), but seems like the teenagers and young adults are the most hotheaded. Lucia(in S3, when she`s older), Beecham, Jimba and Luce seem to be a lot more calmer and more controlled.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
Karayans can be hotheaded, but I don't think Lucia was. Lulu certainly was though.

Grrr. Lulu bashing makes me so mad. His home was on fire! What did you expect him to do? Sarah's spell doesn't help much either. It is the reason for Borus' anger, Lulu's anger, and Chris' anger (when she saw her father's armor). Lulu was not himself.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually if they did fight it would probably go into a duel or normal fight with Queen on her side. And since this is an RPG, Aila and Queen would have kicked Borus's ass as well as any soldiers on his side since they are simply enemies in a normal combat battle. And we all know that any battle is winnable in an RPG, with few exceptions.

And as for WHY Aila did it...well her entire village was burned down. Everyone she had known her entire life was killed. And Borus was THE person leading the slaughter, the one responsible for the grisly crime.

(Of course, you could argue that it was Sarah...)

And even if Aila wasn't "part of the group" to think that Queen would not protect her is ridiculous. Queen would have popped in and done the same thing if it was a stranger she had never met.

Even though Aila tried to kill Borus, he isn't about to cut someone down in public. When a police officer is attacked, and then subdues an attacker, he doesn't pull out his gun and say "well, he tried to kill me first" and blow the attackers brains out. Borus also has honor at stake. He wouldn't kill someone outside of a battlefield unless he absolutely had to. He's in the middle of a crowd of people!

And then remember that Beecham, Luce, and Anne are perfectly calm and collected for the better part of the game. Only Luce ever loses it, and that is when she discovers Lulu is dead. And Lucia is one of the most mature characters in the game. Hugo grows from child to leader throughout the game. Lulu was only childish and immature so that his death had more impact. Killing an adult and killing a child are two different things.

Karayans don't lose thier tempers because they're Karayan. Karayans lose thier tempers because everyone and everything that they had known all of thier lives was destroyed overnight, and they know that the Zexens did it. If a group of people were to storm into your hometown and kill everyone you knew, you'd be more than pissed. You probably wouldn't care if you died, as long as you killed as many of them as you could. And if you could kill the one person that led the slaughter, you'd take the chance of dying.

I consider Aila to be one of the better characters in this game. She grows and changes more than most of the main supporting characters in the game. She's a character that has never left her home area her entire life and is now being shown a world much different than the one she knew. Take for instance the scene at Le Buque where she learns about what it means to "be allowed to live"

^Actual quote!
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think queen would want anyone to be killed like laia would probally have been after she took out "percy"

Im more concerned with why did queen look directly and her rivals boobs. That was awesome. Gotta love a girl who can appreciate a nice rack.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Aila did try to get back at Borus since she knew that he was murdering her clansmen and her friends. Even if Sarah had put the spell on him, did she see her doing that? No. Even though she did think she was mysterious and had bad intentions, if she didn't then she, Ace, and Joker wouldn't have chased Sarah all over the place.

Also, since Aila was travelling with Queen and Geddoe, who noticed Borus murdering innocent people, then they would've told her about it, even if she didn't see it first-hand.

Although, if it were another knight (such as Chris or Percival) she might've done the same thing. She might not have tried to hurt them, since she might not have known about Chris killing Lulu.

She had more of an vendetta against Borus, so she took the opportunity that was given her at the time.

If I were Queen, I would probably do the same thing. If one of my comrades tried to hurt someone, I would've tried their best to protect them. I would've risked myself even if I knew that the knight that I had previously defeated was the one that I would've had to save my comrade from.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You basically covered my answers. Sure Aila had every right to attack them however seeing that even the adult Karaya warriors were dying by Zexen Blades what chance did Aila have? Sure she may wound Borus, but soon Roland and the rest would come around and mow her down. So, Queen, saving the life of Aila by protecting Borus was a good move. Also, Geddoe and crew were basically undetected in Karaya and fighting all of the Zexen Knights isn't a wise move. Their best option was to withdraw as a neutral party and not bring more conflict to the forefront.

Concerning the Karayan's hothead traits, I believe that they do have a temper issue. However none of you mentioned Beecham. Never did he lose his cool, because he is one of the older wiser Karayan warriors. He realizes that a level head in battle is neccessary. Also, Luce did not blow her cool even after finding out about Lulu's death. Sure she cried, but she didn't run to Zexen looking for blood. She knew in time the warriors would take revenge for her son. Not all karayans are hotheads, but Aila and Lulu were hotheaded,and i agree Lucia was angry in Suiko II. Blame it on pregnancy if you like, I feel its the Karayan in her.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, actually I mentioned how level-headed Luce and Beecham are.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: