Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

When will Genso Suikoden VI take place?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has to be after III, I mean if it were before people would realise they're just stalling because there was no Suikoden III release in Europe. I myself hope for it to be after the events in III, perhaps it will finally go to the western continent and we'll see Albert and his "plans".

Starslasher wrote:
Well, i suspect that Ferid may have been involved in the Sucession War, along with Georg, and that must be where he met him.

This could be true, I mean the Succession War only happened about 3 years before Suikoden V, it's probably too early for Ferid to start searching for Georg but perhaps he finds him towards the end of the war? Giving us the infamous Georg quote "I've fulfilled my promise."
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's safe to say the majority of Suikoden fans would like the events of the sixth installment to take place after the third installment, for various reasons. If Konami made a game based on the Fire Bringer war, or the Succession War, the chances of me anticipating Suikoden VI at all would be very miniscule, and many would agree...

We already know what happens in these wars, more or less. I will be upright pissed if Konami makes another prequel or jumps in between another game... Suikoden IV (in my opinion, and many would agree) was somewhat of a disaster, but they got it right and proved that it could be effective with Suikoden V. Don't get me wrong, I loved Suikoden V, but I think it's time for the series to actually progress. Meaning, I don't think it could hurt to go even 5-10 years after Suikoden III. Konami COULD end it at Suikoden III, and just make prequels 'till they end the series altogether, but that still leaves us with a cliffhanger of some sort, and that would dissapoint a lot of fans, including myself.

I have half the mind to petition for an actual SEQUEL to Suikoden III. I frequently get dogged on for saying.. "I'd like to see Viktor and Flik again".. or.. "I want to see what happens with Yuber and Pesmerga."

I honestly can't see how people wouldn't care to see what truly happens between Yuber or Pesmerga. I've heard many people say "YUBER SUCKS!", and "PESMERGA SUCKS, WHO CARES." Yeah, they're not exactly my favorite characters either, but that story between those two has extreme amounts of potential. As for seeing Viktor and Flik again, we all pretty much know what happens to them before the events of Suikoden III, more or less... I'd like to see them well aged.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
I myself hope for it to be after the events in III, perhaps it will finally go to the western continent and we'll see Albert and his "plans".

Eww. I shudder to think of another game focusing on Albert's "plans" with horribly convenient seeds for conflict to be sewn, and relying solely on being able to teleport anywhere at will. In a way, I'm hoping for a Suikoden III sequel as well, but it would take a very talented writer to turn that horrible mess of a game and storyline into something good. Eww... just thinking about it makes me nauseous. Albert is the most poorly written Suikoden strategist ever, he's got absolutely nothing on Leon.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wouldn't really matter to me where Suikoden VI would take place. As long as Suikoden VI satisfies my expectation of the game, I'm fine with whatever country Konami would give us for the next installment.

But if I were to choose, I would like Suikoden VI to happen at the Western Continent. Looking at the Suikoden world map, I couldn't see any description nor any country situated in the Western Continent. I'm curious on what kind of culture the people of the west have and what differences they have in comparison to the cultures and races presented to us in previous Suikodens.
suikoaddict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

low chance that suikoden VI will take place in Western Continent. but i think suikoden VI will take place in "Zelant Kingdom and Gaien Dukedom" Conflict Between a two island a King vs Duke... :no: :no:
granpaturtle

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope they return Leknaat to a normal status as a true rune bearer and not some sort of deity or whatever that damned creature in the Fog Ship said...damn you Suikoden 4, you made me very sad multiple times.

in fact if they killed Leknaat, how insane would that be?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread has gotten me confused - the title says "when", but some of the posts are "where". :P

Anyhow, I'd want it to take place between V and I. It'd be kinda like a good time to explain the neighboring bunch around Falena.

Or, Post-Tactics/IV, Pre-V. Gogo Gaien!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arch_wooohh wrote:
This thread has gotten me confused - the title says "when", but some of the posts are "where". :P

Anyhow, I'd want it to take place between V and I. It'd be kinda like a good time to explain the neighboring bunch around Falena.

Or, Post-Tactics/IV, Pre-V. Gogo Gaien!

Oh my golly! I just noticed this thread was supposed to be "when" Suikoden VI should take place and not "where." And to think I posted about "when" Suikoden VI should take place. I confused myself with the thread which is supposed to be "where" Suikoden VI should take place. The two threads' titles really look the same.

Anyway, as to when Suikoden should take place, I'd like it to be after Suikoden V or Suikoden III. I'd love to see how the Suikoden V hero is doing after the events of Suikoden V or what happens after Suikoden III.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He will be pretty old if he does appear in S6 AFTER S3..but looking at his genes and comparing Lyon's....I THINK they will probably look 20 while being aged around 50. That is assuming he DOES appear.

Konami hasn't really let a hero that cannot gain immotality return in any games yet...look at S2 Riou. He is pretty much the only one that vanish after S2. Tir came back in S2. Lazlo in Tactics. I mean not many would want to see their main become wrinked, and old. Even if they do appear they don;t really look old...think NASH?

Of course, that is just INDUCTION based on prior experiences
Outlander2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think its highly likely Suikoden VI's setting will be the New Armes and Nagarea regions as New Armes was mentioned frequently in Suikoden V.

I think the storyline will centre around the war between New Armes and Nagarea, and Nagarea will use Nether Gate assassins to try to conquer New Armes and possibly other nations in the Southern Continent such as Falena.

Nagarea will face other problems as Priest and Bishop Generals are murdered without a clue, meaning Nether Gate has ambitions other than their own.

I speculate the game will involve more than one hero, such as a warrior from New Armes (maybe a son of a Tribal Chief), a renegade priest soldier from Nagarea, and a Queen's Knight from Falena (maybe Lyon or another female Knight), each with their own story lines being intertwined (ala Suikoden III).

Another likely location for Suikoden VI are Gaien Dukedom and Zelant Kingdom, and land and sea travel is likely used.

A third possible setting for Suikoven VI are Kamaro/Northern Outlands and Northern Harmonia. Maybe Harmonia is trying to conquer Northern Outlands principalities in search of the true rune.

These are just a few of many possibilities for Suikoden VI.

Representing Kamaro and the Northern Outlands.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that interesting you speculate all the three high posibility place for suikoden IV. and i think the most posibility is the nagarea-new armes or zelant-gaien. this 2 locatin has conection with suikoden V . the nagarea- new armes is a neighbouring country with falena that should be many connection with falena at suikoden V. zelant only have conection by lindwurm mercanery. maybe negarea will too place at sukoden IV

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All i can say about this is that i sure as hell do not want the Suikoden series to end until i see the appearance of all 27 true runes. The suikoden series could probably last about 3 to 5 more games, maybe more. After the whole series has been completed, i want a Suikoden anthology released with all suikoden games from 1 to the end.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A small thought has just formed in the tiny recesses of my mind.

I think that the next game is going to be post suikoden 3, possibly in Zelant, the reason i think this is sketchy at best, but heres what i have.

- A small tie in to the plot of Suikoden 3 was made with Lucetia and the events of the first fire bringer war. This is the first time it has been mentioned at all, obviously since Suikoden 4 was set so far back the event hadn't happened yet.

- The introduction of characters from Zelant and the mention of the nation, Levi and the Lundworm (sp?) mercenaries.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
I think that the next game is going to be post suikoden 3, possibly in Zelant, the reason i think this is sketchy at best, but heres what i have.
(...)
- The introduction of characters from Zelant and the mention of the nation, Levi and the Lundworm (sp?) mercenaries.

I think Levi and the Lundworm will be to old by Suikoden III timeline.

I think that moving after Suikoden III means moving towards the end of the series and I think Konami doesn't want that now.

Maybe they will try to milk Suikoden more and I find Crowley's rebirth a very good time to do that. They made a game just to tell us how George murdered the queen; they can make one to tell us how Crowley reincarnated.

I'm thinking about a game about in Solis 358, about 50 years after Suikoden IV and about 50 years before the first Fire Bringer War. It's a good way to diminish the link between the games.

We can have a super 8 years old mage Crowley in a destroyed land. It is also an opportunity to tell us other stuff, such as the whereabouts of Kyril and maybe the reason for Persmega to hunt down Yuber.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i never said they would be in it, i said that their involvement gives the game a link to the place. Keeping it in the minds of the gamers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: