Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

When will Genso Suikoden VI take place?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
What's the current timeline.. ?

IV : -150 years
I : 0
V : ?
II : +5-10 years

.. Where's III ?

IV -- 144 years (I think) --> V -- 6 years --> start of I -- 5 years --> start of II -- 15 years --> III
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder... What about a Suikoden VI a long time in the past -- when Leknaat becomes the Guardian? That is -- her adventure to become guardian.
LGM

The Fungepuck Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt the next game will be set after 3 (Over 20 years after the original game). Going too far into the future will mean certain popular characters (Viktor/Clive/Jowy) will be too old to appear in the finale, which is pretty evident will happen. At least the writers aren't going to discount a chance that these characters couldn't be in it. The fate of this universe seems to be set to be decided at Harmonia, which is accessible to all of the 'big' characters. Even Lazlo could turn up there.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the scarlet moon empire just before or after 1.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't the time between the Gate Rune war and the Dunan unification war 2-3 years?

Uhm, Clive would only be around 45; Viktor would only be around 50; Jowy would be what - 30, at most? That's hardly too old to be a Suikoden character, especially considering we've got at least 10 who are probably over 60, if not more.

And since we don't know anything about Harmonia besides it is a superpower, I don't think it's fair to say that "everything and anything" will be there. Not enough information yet. (Though I do think it's likely to go that way.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THe time difference between the start of the Gate Rune Wars and the Dunan Unification War is 5 years I'm pretty sure.
LGM

The Fungepuck Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Uhm, Clive would only be around 45; Viktor would only be around 50; Jowy would be what - 30, at most? That's hardly too old to be a Suikoden character, especially considering we've got at least 10 who are probably over 60, if not more.

Yes, But my point is if they keep moving 10 years into the future each game, sooner or later these characters won't be available. I suspect that's why 4 and 5 where set pre Suiko 1.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LGM wrote:
Quote:

Yes, But my point is if they keep moving 10 years into the future each game, sooner or later these characters won't be available. I suspect that's why 4 and 5 where set pre Suiko 1.

The availability of these characters was clearly not an issue. I mean, Suikoden IV... hello, McFly? And none of the examples appeared in S5, either.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LGM wrote:
I doubt the next game will be set after 3 (Over 20 years after the original game). Going too far into the future will mean certain popular characters (Viktor/Clive/Jowy) will be too old to appear in the finale, which is pretty evident will happen.

Was it ever confirmed that these 'popular' characters will definitely be back for the finale?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay, when you said gunblade I hella shivered. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, GOD NO!!!!!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope after V.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Future Saiyan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden is a series that Konami can milk for a long time if it's done correctly. I can see it lasting up to 10+ games. I mean they can use the past, present, future for the upcoming games. Hell they could make a suikoden based on the flame champion's story telling about the 1st fire bringer war. to me, it's all cool as long as it makes sense and the gameplay don't suck.
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^have to agree with the possibility of using the first fire bringer war. or any other happenings around that time.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do hope that it returns to after III. And in the Nameless Lands. As pointed out previously, there were alot of kids back in III. I would like to see how they turn out as grownups!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kendo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Starslasher. Nameless lands sound like fun.
If it is borfore or after suikoden 3, that does not matter..

Isn`t Amada and Anita from there?
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^i think amada is from the island nations
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: