Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Leon Silverberg's Origins?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Leon Silverberg's Origins? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, I was looking at the Suikoden entries on Wikipedia, and Leon Silverberg's entry lists his origin as either Toran or the Queendom of Falena.

Now, obviously, I can see Toran, but I'm curious, where does the idea of him being from the Queendom of Falena come from? Is it just a mistake or is there something mentioned that makes people think he's from there?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The wikipedia article is wrong.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

like with most people say, never trust a wikipedia site.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know Silverberg's exact place of birth and/or childhood? It's always seemed to me that the Silverbergs have been a Scarlet Moon family, from Julian Silverberg helping Kranach Rugner found the nation up through Mathiu's destroying it.

In fact, the only Silverberg we've ever seen a significant distance away from Toran was Elenor, but we do know that she was in Scarlet Moon before going to the Islands.

Buff: I actually like Wikipedia; they're right more often than they're wrong. Still, they can mess up pretty bad at times, and some of the entries are painfully written or underdeveloped. For examples, see the entire Wikipedia Suikoden section.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I thought, but since it's been improved by a bunch of Suikoden fans, I thought perhaps there was some obscure reference or such. I'll edit it ,maybe, when I get back to my room tonight.

I always saw them as an SME family, too. so I was surprised to see that the Queendom of Falena was listed.

Buff wrote:

Wikipedia is almost as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica, , according to one indepenant study. And it's able to edit out errors faster than Britannica (who has to print a new run of books).

Wikipedia should never be used as a source on any educational work, no. (Past 4th grade, neither should any other encylopedia.) But for finding general knowledge on a subject? It's alright.

A lot of the Suikoden section is written somewhat awkwardly, though. It needs clean-up, badly.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's bound to have a natural limit in terms of accuracy because anybody can edit the content depending on their own beliefs or which side of the bed the woke up on.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

Buff wrote:

Wikipedia is almost as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica, , according to one indepenant study. And it's able to edit out errors faster than Britannica (who has to print a new run of books).

Wikipedia should never be used as a source on any educational work, no. (Past 4th grade, neither should any other encylopedia.) But for finding general knowledge on a subject? It's alright.

A lot of the Suikoden section is written somewhat awkwardly, though. It needs clean-up, badly.

ya alot is accurate but i tend to find some stuff is hard to tell if it's real or not since any one can just sign up and just edit who ever puts stuff down. so lots of stuff you cannot trust.
were both oddessa and mathiu born in scarlet moon?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel bad because I am the one who started the article. Thanks God it is not me who change the name. I listed it as Scarlet Moon Empire if I am not wrong. I will edit it.

Well I think we should take every news and encyclopedy with grain of salt. Newspaper is not always right also. I tend to not believe the newspaper right now. They often inobjective at writing news. Lack of fact, full of opinion. You may said that newspaper or encyclopedy is right because it's closed edit but the writer might be messed up also.

Wikipedia open editness is both of Wikipedia strength and weakness. If you thought that an information is wrong, why don't you edit it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: