Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where Will Suikoden VI Take Place? Speculate Here! (Spoiler!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like it if we stayed down south for a while in the Falena area.

After all, Nagarea sounds quite intruiging. With their armed missionary troops. (Which are probably filled with b-d-ss zealot monk soldiers ready to "conquer and open the eyes of the unenlightened") with New Armes trying to defend their nation after receiving a beatdown due to its recent excursions.

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know most people won't like this idea, but I'd much like SVI to deal with the Hero War from Aronia, leading to the creation of Harmonia, so that SVII can finally lay the final conflict and end the series already.
Don't get me wrong, I love the series to bits, but I'd want it to end soon, before it starts just putting out sequels for the sake of it. Like (and I know even more people are gonna hate me for this) Final Fantasy does.
And I've always had the feeling that the last two Suikodens will consecutively deal with Hikusaak's origin, and then with the final conflict. Which, by the way, should be no less than the most awesome thing ever.

Of course, if they do manage to produce more games of the caliber of SV, or even better, I could surely stand a few games before the aforementioned final conflict, just to develop the world a bit more.

All the way to the edge of this world
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
Actually when someone stated that Harmonia was the last place for Suikoden seires i think they are wrong. We can end up with the Sindarians who never stop moving. Also we can end up with the BLue gate rune to.

What's so special about the Pale Gate Rune? It isn't a true rune.

You're also assuming the Sindarians still exist. From what little we know of them, we can conclude that they have either died out, or have settled away in some unknown location apart from the rest of the civilized world (a civilization as advanced as the Sindarians would be talked about around the world).

Alseid:

Square-Enix doesn't produce Final Fantasy sequels for the hell of it, they produce them because they generate (hopefully) revenue. As long as people continue to buy them (where they can at least break even), they will continue to produce them.

Also keep in mind, Final Fantasy is fundamentally different than the Suikoden universe. Each Final Fantasy (prior to X-2 and these VII spin-offs) is its own unique world that concludes at the end of the game. Although it was never originally designed to spawn 10+ games, the way it is designed in that aspect allows it to spawn itself infinitely until consumers no longer demand it. Square-Enix doesn't have to worry about running out of stories in a single universe either since each game is is its own universe and free to whatever changes/creativity they desire.

Suikoden on the other hand, from II on was designed to be one continous world (while the notion of many other universes existing outside of the current Suikoden universe has been exposed, for the sake of argument since none of said universes have been delved into yet, we'll just say there is one) and does run the risk of what you probably fear: overexposure.

Thankfully however, Konami has planted (and intelligently continues to plant) the seeds for a very rich world, with a diverse history and cultures that allows the series to continue to flourish despite being contained within one universe. As long as the level of quality/care of each Suikoden game remains at a certain level, I don't see any reason to end the series anytime soon considering the vast amount of unanswered questions and nations we have yet to explore.

All things must eventually come to an end, but until that time comes I wish Suikoden a long and prosperous future for as long as its able to maintain it.

~Siefer

Last edited by siefer on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depends about more on time period to determine location. If theyre gonna go back and follow after SV directly then of course we can explore more of Falena which I dont think would be too bad if they did a direct sequel like they did w/ SI and SII

If they're going after SIII I think the game could end up in the Nameless Lands, I personally dont want to see Harmonia but a rogue from Harmonia who gets help from Sasarai(SIII left me as a Sasarai fan) and to resolve Flik and Viktor(I kno they will be old but they could be cameos) just so we can stop worrying whether or not they'll show up again.

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
What's so special about the Pale Gate Rune? It isn't a true rune.

I think he meant the Gate Rune.

I think that Suikoden VI should take place around the Falenan area, or at least in the Gaien Dukedom to give that region some more backstory. Since Konami revelead 3 other countries near Falena, and SuikoV takes place in Falena then it makes sense to have it in one of those neighboring countries. Same thing with Gaien.

Harmonia, I still think it's the last place we'll go to in the series since it's the first known country in the Suikoworld. There's alot of mystery that is held within Harmonia (like the Circle Rune, what's left of Aronia and Hikusaak). Also if it was taken place there, then maybe the mystery of the Sindars will be revealed too. Did'nt the Sindars migrate from the north?
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

siefer wrote:
Square-Enix doesn't produce Final Fantasy sequels for the hell of it, they produce them because they generate (hopefully) revenue. As long as people continue to buy them (where they can at least break even), they will continue to produce them.

That is precisely what I meant. Everyone knows Final Fantasy will sell, regardless of anything, so they just keep making more unnecessary games. I know it's a matter of opinion, but at least to me, everything since 7 (including 7) has been rubbish. Except maybe for 9, of which I cannot speak, as I haven't played it, and 12, which is closer to being Vagrant Story 2 than FF12 (and even so, I played the demo at least, and I was severely underwhelmed).

And anyway, I just used FF as an example. There are other series that do the same thing, FF is just the most notorious one.

As for the difference on the sequel format (different worlds vs various zones of the same world), it doesn't change much. Even if Suikoden doesn't have a following as big as FF, if Konami knows it'll sell well enough, they'll keep making sequels. And if Rhapsodia is of any indication, Spin-offs as well. Just because it's "one world", it doesn't mean they can't keep inventing more nations, kingdoms and empires to set their new games in, until it goes from being a rich, complex world, to a dispersed and inconsistent one.
I mean, just look at SV. We're already on a different continent! I know Falena has been getting mentions since SI, but still. SI to SIII had the feeling of a single big world, but came SIV and we were in an island cluster pretty much isolated from the world we knew. Only through Rhapsodia we got a proper link between Kooluk and the Scarlet Moon Empire. And then in SV, a new continent, largely unrelated to the previously known world.

What I'm trying to say is, I'd much rather the series to end within 2 or 3 more games, than it falling into a sequel frenzy, just because it's profitable.
But ultimately, as long as they make the games as good as SV, I won't complain...much.

All the way to the edge of this world
Simon Silverberg

SSNP

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you what could happen is (I'm not guessing the number to fit with the title, just giving an example):

Suikoden VI - Gaien
Suikoden VII - Nameless Lands
Suikoden VIII - Western Continent
Suikoden IX - Western Continent
Suikoden X - Harmonia
Suikoden Online - That would be the biggest orgasm ever for me

And there might be new places added or maybe Armes, Kanakan, Tinto. So the series is far from ending. But I do wish the series will end someday... I wanna see that final Suikoden with the final battle and everything... one of my reason being alive is that series so please Konami let me die having completed the series.

amadeusx

The Demons of Repentance

33505 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaien would be a good story to tell. Since s4 was so close to it and Falena isn't that far away. Maybe around 15-20 years before s5. Even something after s4 would be nice. We'd get to meet Lino En Kuldes(sp?)' great grandson or granddaughter would be something, or bump into someone from s4 who's old. Would be nice if we can meet Flare again, but like a grandma maybe. But we need to have another s5 tactician, she is just too cool.

I havent played 1 or 2 before so I don't know what's the timeline between all the games, except s4 being the earliest and s3 after s2 I think. Anyone care to explain the time difference between each?

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see the next Suikoden on the Western Continent. It's SOOO much land. It's almost too much land. For all we know though, it's all wasteland, which would provide a neat little twist for a game, turning it back into good land and getting people to come to it, or the reason it became a wasteland. It may be icy, no one's ever checked really to see what the orientation of the world is and we've not seen any where in the linear suiko-continent be any different in climate. Maybe it's all been sideways across the equator. Never know.

It's really hard to guess though. The storyline isn't going north to south. It started central, moved up, moved up and to the side and then BAM! down to the Island Nations, than down more. It could go anywhere. I'd like to see some more of this Western Continent, Gaien, Armes and of course Tinto. Come on, who doesn't want to see Tinto? By responding in a negative way to this question I've posed you're agreeing that you are a slack-jawed Hippy. You've been warned.
EDIT: Tinto represent! That's three Tintonians in a row. Now we see why Tinto is the best nation ever. Further proof that it needs to have a Suikoden about it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is, I'd much rather the series to end within 2 or 3 more games, than it falling into a sequel frenzy, just because it's profitable.

Thing is, there's still a good number of True Runes that have'nt been revelaed yet. It'd be impossible for 2 more installments to cover that much ground.

Not to mention that there is still alot to be seen in the SuikoWorld. I did'nt think about the Western Continent that much at all and there also some kind of landmass to the east of the Falenan conteinent(according to the map John had on his site). So I think the series could stretch out for at least 5-8 more installments.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow already a Suikoden VI speculation board.. or maybe the Higheast rebellion, good to see Viktor and Flik back.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

amadeusx wrote:
I havent played 1 or 2 before so I don't know what's the timeline between all the games, except s4 being the earliest and s3 after s2 I think. Anyone care to explain the time difference between each?

Very Well, here's the relative Chronology, remember, relative from Suikoden I:

0 - Suikoden I
+3 years - Suikoden II
+18 years - Suikoden III
-125 years - Sukoden IV
-5/6 years - Suikoden V

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Archeron wrote:
Come on, who doesn't want to see Tinto? By responding in a negative way to this question I've posed you're agreeing that you are a slack-jawed Hippy. You've been warned.

Didn't think i would catch on to that, did you, Archeron? I saw that text blacked out. Nothing can fool Eagle Eye Starslasher, bwahaha! 8-)
Fine, i'm a slack-jawed hippy. Big deal.
No disrespect intended, but we've already seen Tinto. It's good that you got Nation pride, but why revisit a place when there's tons of other places to see?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Suikoden IV was -150 relative to Suikoden 1?

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Suikoden IV was 150 before the original, and Suikoden V is around the time of the first game.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well we have several countries/regions that have not had suikoden games based there as of yet.

New Armes first and formost seems to be a high candidate, but we see it is called "NEW" Armes Kingdom, meaning SOME form of altercation was made to the Old Armes Kingdom (Democracy?) that formed the country we barely see in Suikoden V. Having it set inbetween Suikoden IV and V would be fine, and as far as reoccurances, we could see a younger Galleon as well as perhaps a young Raja and a meeting with Arshtat's mother or grandmother (I am unsure of Arshtat's age but I am led to believe she isn't older than 35. So Chronologically some older Falenian queen would be there)

Nagarea is breifly mentioned (We saw a Nagarian representative at Lym's coronation) and I think this is a great candidate since we know of its existance but not much about the region itself. Also its connection to Falena opens it to connections. With this option it also can be before or after V's storyline, possibly DURING Suikoden I's events (Meaning... Dun dun dun! No Viki!)

The Dukedom of Gaien is a prospect, however its size is a downer (After the vast sizes of Grasslands/Zexen, TIN and Falena, a small region like Gaien will be a tough cookie) also, if the team that worked on Suikoden IV and Tactics does VI like its been said, we'll most likely see more connections to TIN and Gaien is a perfect place for this. When it occurs, it really doesn't matter. We have more modern TIN with Bernadette and company and we have older TIN with Lazlo, Flare and Kika etc.

The Western Continent is a bit of a jump from the currently known regions to make. When Suikoden did ther last jump from the Dunan/Toran/Grasslands/Harmonia area to TIN we saw the series almost die. Also the time gap really cut IV off too. Anyhow, I'm afraid the distance may be a tough hurdle. Its doable, but not favorable as we've got a LOT of better places to explore.

Kanakaan is cool, but really small. I think its about as big as the Two River/Greenhill region. But thats my imagination.... Still swordsmanship and liquor alwas make great results. Right Rikimaru?

Nameless Lands. Many seem favorable to this place and the lack of knowledge on it leaves it wide open. But its a bit far from the direction the last 2 have been taking. It seems the southward expansion is a theme. But it can happen and it has ties to Hanna, Hallec, Mua, Boris, Thomas and Alanis. Time though is a concern. If its before III, Thomas and Alanis are too young. If its before II we might miss Boris's training. But it opens Hanna's history that much more. Not that there's a huge outcry to know more about her.

Harmonia. Hikkusaak and the Circle Rune, his sudden dissapearance. Or perhaps their invasion into Scarlet Moon. Who knows but like the rest of the populous here, I want Harmonia left to the finale.

Tinto. Yes, the vast region west of what we saw in Suikoden II, where we've conveniently recreated as we see fit (like we did with Falena). Its open to being Post III and the progression of Lilly Pendragon's story. Also, Reed and Samus can return. If it is post III it can definitely include the Star Dragon Sword and Edge's travels southward.

Where do I want it to take place? New Armes or Gaien.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: