Suikoden United and Informational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Riou related to Juppo and Meg??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Riou related to Juppo and Meg?? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I don't know if Riou's real parents were ever brought up but, while playing Suikoden II again I found this statment by Meg

http://www.geocities.com/brookins_83/riou.jpg

Now could this be a hint at who Riou's real parents are?

I know it says Riou is an orphan(doesn't it?, can't remeber), but that doesn't mean they are dead nessicerily
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice little piece of speculation and also nice to see that you brought eveidence to back it up.

It is however a bit of a streach of the imagination to believe that Juppo is Riou's father based on that statement, she didn't say that he looked like him, he said that Riou reminded her of him, this could be anything from hair colour, eye colour or just an accent.
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I figured maybe it was poor translation, but if that was indeed what she was meant to imply , then her saying Riou resembled Juppo, means she thought he looked like Juppo.

Not saying Juppo is his father(hey! You never know!!) but maybe someone in their family?
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait a minute. If I remember correctly Genkaku is Riou's father. Nanami was adopted.
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no, im pretty sure both of them were adopted
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually Dark-Knight I think you're wrong. Because during the battle at L'Renouille Han says "That's him. Genkaku's son". Plus it's mentioned Nanami is Riou's ADOPTED sister.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Riou was an adopted war orphan just like Nanami.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah. Duh I remember now. Anabelle says that about Riou and Nanami.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kira Yamato wrote:
Actually Dark-Knight I think you're wrong. Because during the battle at L'Renouille Han says "That's him. Genkaku's son". Plus it's mentioned Nanami is Riou's ADOPTED sister.

han said that cause riou was like genkaku's son even though he adopted him.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Eden

Private Godwin Army

563383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor once said that too, I think. And Nanami said something like "even if we were no real relatives, you, I and Genkaku, we were a real familiy". Didn't even Shu said that they're both adopted? Sorry, quotations aren't easy anyway, but I have played the game only in German, so I am never sure how aqurate the translations are.

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami said that after the battle with gorudo. it was like you and i and genkaku were a real family....blah blah blah, i'm glad i got to be you sister, i'm glad we were a family, it was some thing along those terms.

Eden

Private Godwin Army

563383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, right, and I think Viktors part was in Leona's pub, when he wants to talk to you and Nanami about Genkaku. I believe he says something that make clear that they aren't blood relatives.

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

viktor was to tell the life of genkaku and about what he did. i believe at the end he said "he went to kyaro and adopted the two of you and well you know the rest better than i do.:"

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, Makai says something to the effect of "your truly a hero's son. Oh, I forgot, your not related by blood."

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
kelvingarinkz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

can someone post the picture again ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: