Suikoden United and Illegal Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Just about to start Suikoden 3 (for the 1st time..)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Just about to start Suikoden 3 (for the 1st time..) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have just finished Suikoden 2 with all 108 Stars of Destiny. I had already loaded in Suikoden 1 data which also had all of the 108 Stars of Destiny so I have McDohl and Gremio. Does the loaded in Suikoden 1 data have ANY impact in Suikoden 3?

Also which characters should I level/power up in preperation for Suikoden 3 (please no spoilers though!!!!!!)?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didnt notice any impact with the Suikoden I data. The Suikoden II data will give you some extra dialogue.

Are you talking about characters in Suikoden II to level up in preperation for Suikoden III?? Or just characters in Suikoden III??

Well i would tell you what characters in Suikoden II to level up so it will have an impact on their stats in Suikoden III but that might spoil it for you when you see who those characters are.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cheers for the quick reply!! :wink:

I did in fact mean characters from Suikoden 2 to take into Suikoden 3 but as you have said it is a bit of a silly question considering that I specifically requested no spoilers!! Duh...
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't load the data myself, but the Suikoden I and II data will personalize the names in the Old Books as well as unlock two additional scripts when you get the theatre in your headquarters.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And if you still want to know who you should level-up in S2 so their levels will carry over to S3, these are the characters:
***SPOILERS***
Futch, Viki, and Meg(for Belle).
***END SPOILER***

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ta muchly :wink:

The spoiler alert was very handy!!

MM
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know i didnt know that until i came across this website!
Does the levelled up characters in Suikoden I have any positive effect on the characters in Suikoden II as they do in with the characters in Suikoden II effecting the characrers in Suikoden III.
It would be nice to know as i have started playing the series again and i am only just at the beginning of Suikoden.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure that it does you know although I don't know which characters are affected. If I had to guess I would say at Viktor and possibly Flik almost certainly should carry something across.

I'll leave this for somebody more knowlodgable to answer.....

P.S DON'T FORGET TO PICK UP MUKUMUKU IN KYARO VILLAGE!!!!

I did and I paid for it timewise big time..... :evil:
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the only characters equipment that transfers into S2 from S1 is Humphrey's Windspun Armor and Tir's Master Garb. Also I'm not 100% sure on this but I think if you give Tir Earth Boots in S1, he'll come with Winged Boots in S2, not really sure though. And all characters who can fight and are in S1 that show up in S2 should come with a few boosted levels, assuming that you actually got them good of course. I got my Viktor and Flik to lv.99 in S1 once and when I first got them in Kayaro they were level 38! In case you forget, they are:

Viktor
Flik
Clive
Futch
Humphrey
Hix
Tengaar
Kasumi
Valeria
Lorelai
Luc
Meg
Pesmerga
Sheena
Stallion
Tai Ho

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What kind of levels are we talking about to actually make a difference?

Level 60ish?

or much higher?

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever rune you had on Futch in SII will be eqiuped in SIII (granted, if it still exists) I had Futch equiped with Water and Earth, and only his Water rune passed through.

Oh, and when you get to meet two characters by the names of Thomas and Cecile, level them up! They kick major a** at high levels.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the level bonus is pretty negligible, so don`t worry too much about it. You get those characters affected by the transfer fairly late in the game, anyway.

Some general pointers:

Do you know about the Trinity Sight System? Basically, you choose what order to play the story, alternating between the three main characters. To avoid a major spoiler, be sure to play Hugo`s(the tan, blonde-haired boy) chapter 1 before Chris`s(the female knight) chapter 1. Other than that, the sequence of chapters shouldn`t matter very much.

And be sure to avoid the Holy Dash skill. It just sucks. Accuracy isn`t very neccessary, either. The others are all good to have.

Oh, and speaking of spoilers...I`d be very careful in this forum if I were you. Spoilers are freely allowed here, and I remember posting a major unmarked S3 spoiler in a thread here a few days ago myself. The best thing to do would be to stay out of this forum if you`re concerned about spoilers.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you`ll enjoy the game!

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
And be sure to avoid the Holy Dash skill. It just sucks. Accuracy isn`t very neccessary, either. The others are all good to have.

Hey now! Hold on a second! I agree with everything else you said. And skills like Swing, Damage, etc. are very good things to have. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that Holy Dash 'sucks'. In my opinon, it's very useful if you put it on the right people. Characters that can score allot of hits like Emily, Juan, Watari, and Ayame may not need it (though it wouldn't hurt), but it can only help characters who sometimes have a hard time getting to the enemy in time to attack like Twaikan, Edge, Duke, Futch, the lizards, etc.

And while Accuracy may not be that important at the end of the game, it can never hurt having it on in the beginning stages of the game when your characters seem to miss quite frequently. Geddoe, Sgt. Joe, Fred, and Rico come to mind.

Anyways, back to the topic. If you ever find that your running low on money (I would think it would happen quite frequently) there's always a very easy solution. Play the lottery. Seriously, it's very easy to make allot of money in S3. Just follow these steps:

1. Buy a sequet of 10 tickets.

2. Go do something else for about 30-45 minutes. Gain levels, fight treasure bosses, recruit characters, whatever.

3. Go to the town you bought the lottery tickets at and save your game.

4. Check the lottery board and see if you won anything.

5. If you are unhappy with your results, and would have liked to get something higher, just re-set your game and keep checking it until you are happy with the amount of money recieved.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Dash might occasionally be slightly useful, but there`s nearly always something better available to fill thoes skill slots. And the best(well, about the only) use for Accuracy is probably for fighting

MINOR SPOILERS(since this is supposed to be a spoiler-free thread)

Yuber.

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I see what your saying. Most of the time it's true that there's usually something better to put on besides Holy Dash, but I like to think that Holy Dash is there to make the slower characters more useful in battle. Like I said, usually people like Twaikan, the lizards, etc. can never get to the enemy in time and they end up just getting in the way and takeing up space doing nothing and watching everyone else do all the work. But in my experience, I've seen that Holy Dash often helps them with that. True, it would be better for someone like Dupa to have Damage, or Swing. But honestly, how useful are those skills going to be if he can't even get to the enemy to attack them!?

And I still stand by what I said earlier about allot of characters haveing severe eyesight problems in the beginning chapters of the game (Mostly Chapters 1-2). I can't even count how many times I had to see Geddoe overshadowed by the rest of his group in battle. It was so frustrating that sometimes I actually had to tell everyone else to defend since the amount of his kills was just embarasing compared the rest of his group. Not to mention characters like Fred and Rico who have a hard time seeing a rock golem two feet in front of their face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: