Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Oddity in the best ending *spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Oddity in the best ending *spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When you get the best ending, you get to meet a bunch of dead people's souls who are supposedly kept inside the Sun Rune (or something like that). Did anybody find it strange to see Alenia and Zahhak there? Especially where Alenia was all cheerful and acted really out-of-character for her. I mean, she pretty much HATED the prince, but in that scene she is celebrating him and all that. How odd.

Personally, it would have been much better of they didn't have Alenia and Zahhak in that scene. If they were there, Salum should also have been there, I think.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I found it really odd too. :? Especially with Alenia acting like a schoolgirl which was almost 180 from her zeal in life. The only time she showed something else besides her "must use the Sun rune more" was when Dolph picked her up and she looked almost like she was blushing.

I was expecting the ending to be a 'family reunion' of sorts until they threw in Gizel and Mascarl (who's inclusion I can kinda understand) then when Zahhak and Alenia also appeared I gave up trying to understand why they were there and just focused on the joy of getting Lyon back.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I can understand Gizel because I was able to pick up that he was secretly trying to help Sialeeds in her plot to destroy the nobility-infesested political structure, and he really loved Sialeeds. I can also understand Marscal because he probably had genuine intentions--the same goes for Bahram Luger and Dilber Novum. But Alenia and Zahhak? I mean, if they are in there, why not Childerich? Zahhak torched Lelcar for his own sake, and Alenia was just selfish petty villain who had a crush on Gizel. On top of that, these two used that Nether Gate medicide to power themselves up so that they can kill the prince--how can they...

Oh yes, and Alenia acts like a school girl at the "Sacred Games" as well.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Oh yes, and Alenia acts like a school girl at the "Sacred Games" as well.

Oh yea.. I forgot about that. That scene where she 'popped her head over Ferid's chair' had me laughing for some reason.

Well, the only explanation I can think of now is something like 'it's just their good natures were lost when they focused too much on the Sun Rune', i.e. taking Mascarl's words on face value, but even then it seems a bit tenous of a stretch in Zahhak and Alenia's case. Don't ask me why I feel its acceptable in Mascarl's case but not for Zahhak and Alenia but that's the feeling I get.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found that odd too, but I wonder why some people are in it at all.

Marscarl, Ferid and Arshtat sure, they were taken by the rune in some ways but Sialeeds, Gizel, Zahhak, and Alenia? Suppose they're coming from the Twilight Rune but what the hell?

And is there any point to a lengthy conversation where they are just moving their lips without any words?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure a bunch of people will say, "They removed the voice from the US version." People will say it three or four years later.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was it just me, or did it seem that everyone was burning in hell? > >

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thought I had when I saw that ending was that the people we saw were people who had died for sake of the Sun Rune that weren't entirely evil - rather, they had good intentions but horrible methods. Alenia and Zahhak's methods were horrible, but they wanted what was best for Falena. They honestly believed what they were doing was right. After all, Alenia herself summed it up when you talk to her after Belcoot gets drugged at the Sacred Games - she saw the act as a display of CUNNING, not treachery.

Alenia may have been a spoiled brat who was used to getting her way, hada huge crush on Gizel, and got insanely jealous of Sialeeds as a result, but she still believed what she was doing for the good of Falena. Zahhak himself was leaning more towards the 'blind obedience' that both Ferid and... I think Braham spoke out against. He believed that if Gizel ordered it, it was in the nation's best interest. It wasn't for personal glory or wealth - he honestly believed it was best for Falena.

The same can be said for Gizel and his father, who's name I cannot spell, as well as the two generals. They all wanted what was best for Falena, but just didn't realize their method was NOT the best way.

However, the same can NOT be said for Salum. He didn't care about Falena. He cared about two things - power and money. He was even willing to use his own daughter as a pawn! Even more, he was willing to carve Falena up for his own benefit. He never had any intention of ever doing anything for the benefit of anyone but himself.

... However, I could be so completely wrong it's not funny! ;)
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I think you're a bit wrong on Zahhak and Alenia...and it is midly amusing. :D

Zahhak wasn't blindly obedient, he believed that the 'strong arm' tactics used by the Godwins was best for Falena, hence his ruthlesness in the Lelcar battle.

Alenia from what I gather wasn't too interested in the country, she was the one who was blindly obedient to the Godwins and just did what they ordered (can you really see Zahhak offering to kill himself like Alenia did?). Her blind obedience is the reason I hated her, they developed it well and she was a good character, but oh how I hated her.

But can you really trust the press?
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found that most strange as well (not for saying that the whole thing looks like an acid trip *COUGH*). I could understand Gizel, but all the others, including Marsc... him, I didn't really get it. It's absurd, after all. Zah... well, him and Alenia doesn't make a sense as well, if you ask me. Expecially Alenia that looks like she was drugged or something. I guess maybe all those person were trying to invite the prince to a rave party or something? I wonder.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I understood Sialeeds, Ferid, and Arshtat and now Gizel and Mascarl, but Alenia and Zahhak? Like you all said, I don't get why those two were there. They might've been close to the prince before these events took place, and perhaps they changed or something...

Alenia seemed quite friendly to the Prince during the Sacred Games and before that. Of course, she might've been being two-faced, but no one knows for sure...

I don't know much about Zahhak, but he did seem nice to the Prince as well...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it seemed to be anyone who was directly tied to the royal family/prince like the queen's knights as well as people like Dilber Novum who were technically good but were following orders due to various reasons from the past or because they thought it would truly better Falena. Also when you think about it if you go along the lines of once you are dead that everything is a lot clearer and you have the grasp of the bigger picture then inner peace overcomes you rather than petty issues like who is correct, or revenge, jealousy, betrayal, etc. So seeing the people that were there from that perspective makes a little more sense :), but I kind of wished that we could hear what everyone was saying ^^;;

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Was it just me, or did it seem that everyone was burning in hell?

It's funny I said the same exact thing. I do have a question in reagards to the ending, when they show everyone waiving at the end, is Viki there among them, or did she sneeze already?
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
Quote:

Was it just me, or did it seem that everyone was burning in hell?

It's funny I said the same exact thing. I do have a question in reagards to the ending, when they show everyone waiving at the end, is Viki there among them, or did she sneeze already?

Well, if I remember correctly, The banqit took place before the deparcher of everyone. So my guess would be no, based on the fact that she usaly disappears during/before the banquite.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya but she said she was going to make it for at least this one. but i doubt it that she did.

Quote:
Alenia seemed quite friendly to the Prince during the Sacred Games and before that. Of course, she might've been being two-faced, but no one knows for sure...

I don't know much about Zahhak, but he did seem nice to the Prince as well...

they can seem nice in the begining but it's easily for them to double cross some one. it was prolly been a plan of theirs with gizel for a long time.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: