Suikoden Utopian and Informational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

20th Century Boys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: 20th Century Boys Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have any of you people here in Suikox read Naoki Urasawa's new masterpiece here?

This is just about the best manga I've read these few years. The storyline's really great, and keeps you guessing what will happen. So far it has reached Vo. 20. Anyone have any mangascan links to it?
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naoki Urasawa's works are excellent stuff. They always have the impression that all elements of the story have been well thought from the beginning. Every little details - from the beginning until the end - neatly intertwined; you could see the puzzle pieces fall one by one into place as the mystery unfolded and all began to make sense. With a twist and bang!

As for 20th Century Boys: It is the only comic that has managed to make me shout "OMG" and "WTF" out loud in a public space at the same time. Thrice! It seems like the world has been turned upside-down and downside-up again.
I do not keep track of the volume number, though; I have just read until the chapter in which Kenji appeared and began to sing.

By the way, have you ever read Naoki Urasawa's Pluto?

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
By the way, have you ever read Naoki Urasawa's Pluto?

I think I've seen one at a local bookstore.. but I'm not really sure if it's pirated or not.

I've only read up to Vol.5 where a mature Kanna appears. God, this book is really great. Everytime you think you know the truth, Naoki just screws the whole idea. :P It's as addictive as Lost, me says.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pluto is a retelling of Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy from "the World's Strongest Robot" storyline. Naoki Urasawa uses the storyline to make a thriller/mystery comic revolving around a serial-murder of seven robots which have the power of mass-destruction (including Atom). It is excellent stuff.

Graach, teen Kanna. Makes you wonder when would the very first prologue scene in the first volume happen, huh? :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: