Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How big are they?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:

Could you let me know what makes you think that Tinto had excellent equipment? I honestly had no idea whatsoever about Tinto's army. But I sort of assumed that they wouldn't have better equipment than Dunan. I could be wrong, of course.

Tinto, although is arid and not fit for farming, is a mining state. So i would think that Tinto would have some good metals to work with.

I'm actually surprised that the Zexens is there at all, being hemmed by the Grasslanders from the rest of the world, except by sea. But Grasslanders are able to sail right? Really, i don't know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I agree that Tinto could have some good metals to work with, I'm just not sure whether they actually would use them to make equipments. I mean, maybe for armor and helmet (which we really have no idea to be honest), but probably that's about it. No other technology whatsoever I think?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
I was about to say that Zexen had more soldiers than the Grasslanders, but if that were the case the Grasslanders would have been crushed.

Not neccessarily...the Grasslanders fight guerilla-style, and they have a huge advantage by fighting on home turf when or if the Zexens invade. For example, America didn`t manage to win in Vietnam, even though they were very superior in numbers...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basing myself to the non-cannon but accepted populations of Vinay Del Zexay and Brass Castle as 9000 and 2000 respectively, calcultation the soldier to civilian ratios on both (I had time, with a swelled up foot), I can say that VDZ has roughly 1800 soldiers, while Brass Castle has about 1200. As such, given the fact that this is perhaps 3/4 of Zexen's entire forces, I'd say the Federation Army is about 4000 strong.

Further divided, I'd say 800 knights and 3200+ soldiers.

I have no idea about the Zexen naval fleet.

Hows that? :D
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well that's not too big considering in suiko 2 highland's forces number almost 55000 I think...
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

40,000, if memory serves. But then again this would be the entire force Highland could muster for an invasion...

Zexen, if pushing itself, could probably field 8,000 or more. Its not as big and populous as Highland seemed to be...
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

remember what Apple said each of highland's royal company(maybe) consists of 20000 soldiers or 25000...there is 4 including Luca Blight's 1st Royal Company the White Wolf Guard....2nd would be Sholon Jhee....3rd would be Kiba's.....and 4th I dunno
..that's a lot.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, Harmonia definitely has the biggest army. like someone suggested, their leaders are lousy. They make up quality with quantity...

Dunan and Toran should be equally powerful. We can omit Highland since it's non existent anymore...

Tinto and Zexen should have about the same amount of soldiers.

Grasslands more than Tinto and Zexen but lesser than Dunan and Toran. Of course, their equipments would be lousier than the rest due to the lack of technology. But the skills would be better.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys are making inconsistent comparisons of the countries.

To be specific, its ignoring the many unnamed cities and towns that are the source of the vast majority of every country's population.

Example: The three cities we know of in Highland total a population of <29,000 people. Their armies totalled much more than that, as seen in Suikoden II.

If we are to accept Maizuru's estimates of 9,000 for Vinay del Zexay and 2,000 for Brass Castle, not only is Iksay village not mentioned, but the rest of the little towns need to be accounted for much more than they have been.

So, to be estimate Highland's army size as 50,000 total, that's still 175% of the total population of their visible cities/towns. Apply that to Zexen, and its almost 20,000 soldiers.

There probably aren't that many Zexen soldiers because Zexen is smaller geographically and so has less room for towns than Highland, but it should still be much higher than 8,000.
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what sources do you get this stuff...i only get my data on the game itself..
u got magazines..books...hidden scriptures?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio wrote:
You guys are making inconsistent comparisons of the countries.

To be specific, its ignoring the many unnamed cities and towns that are the source of the vast majority of every country's population.

Example: The three cities we know of in Highland total a population of <29,000 people. Their armies totalled much more than that, as seen in Suikoden II.

Unfortunately, it's not really a fair assumption either to say that roughly army size = 175% of the known population. So it still depends on which nation and whatnot because the known population simply couldn't be the accurate reflection of the army they have.

Example: As you mentioned, Highland had around 50,000 soldiers even though we only know 29,000 people live there. That's ~175%, but if we apply that to Jowston, then it's too big. Jowston roughly had around 60,000 - 70,000 known people living there but yet their total of the army is significantly less than that and no way near the 175% of 60,000 which would be around 105,000.

So it's still possible that Zexen only have roughly 8,000 soldiers or so. And unfortunately, the comparisons would indeed be inconsistent.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My personal opinion...

Zexen:~10,000

Tinto: ~10,000

Grasslands: ~15,000

Dunan: ~50,000

Toran: ~40,000

Harmonia: Who knows? 80,000+ perhaps

These are wartime numbers. Peacetime would be roughly 30-40% of that.

Last edited by Maiazuru on Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

better get redy..someone might see those stats, and give a piece of thier mind.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg: Its true the 175% couldn't apply to Jowston, but they're not as militaristic a country as Highland was. But, Zexen seems to be at least as militaristic, if not moreso than Highland even.

Harmonia's number should probably be much higher than that. Keep in mind while they send out their massive battalions out, they're still defending their whole country.....and they have land thats not on the main continent....only 80,000 soldiers probably wouldn't be enough to defend their whole country. If they have 80, Dunan would have a chance against their a full army....and they would definately not. No country would.
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that's one.

What I read somewhere is harmonia's forces reaches millions including their mercenaries...etc..etc..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: