Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How big are they?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: How big are they? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, considering what we've seen of the countries, how big do you think the armies of Toran, Dunan, Zexen and the Grasslands are?
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't know about exact army size, but I think I could make an intelligent guess as to who's armies are the biggest. Out of all of the nations we've seen so far:

1st: Harmonia
2nd: Highland (Before they were taken over)
3rd: Toran
4th: Dunan
5th: Grasslands
6th: Zexen
7th: Tinto

While playing S2, it just seems like Highland is a huge force, despite how small the country is. Toran and Dunan are pretty much neck and neck, but I think Toran would be the bigger force just because of all the more allies they have (Dragon Knights, Ninja, etc.) I have't played S4 yet so I don't know about the Islands.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that's about right, Excalibur. I was about to say that Zexen had more soldiers than the Grasslanders, but if that were the case the Grasslanders would have been crushed.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Harmonia
2. Dunan / Toran
3. Zexen/Tinto/Grasslands

Well that's What I think.
Toran may have many allies yes... but Dunan is already a combined nation (Highleast...Matilda...Muse....South Window....Greenhill....Two River.) And
is one powerful country to reckon with.

I'm not starting anything here.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think there is even a small doubt about which nation in the world has the largest army in the world. I mean come on they are conquering and throwing their weight around the world and influencing people all the time without stop and they do this without giving it a thought. Aside from of course their constant thought of chasing and acquiring all of the true runes but thats a different story all together and I am sure those thoughts will be their downfall in the end.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also think that Harmonia has the largest army. I don't know about the rest though.
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quality rates: Poor - Average - Good - Excellent.

Harmonia: Large Army. Excellent Equipment. Excellent Organization. Excellent Training. Poor Experience.

Dunan: Large Army. Good Equipment. Average Organization. Good Training. Excellent Experience.

Toran: Large Army. Good Equipment. Good Organization. Good Training. Good Experience.

Grasslands: Medium Army. Average Equipment. Poor Organization. Good Training. Excellent Experience.

Zexen: Small Army. Excellent Equipment. Good Organization. Good Training. Good Experience.

Tinto: Small Army. Excellent Equipment. Average Organization. Average Training. Good Experience.

Last edited by Maiazuru on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maiazuru wrote:
Quality rates: Poor > Average > Good > Excellent.

Harmonia: Large Army. Excellent Equipment. Excellent Organization. Excellent Training. Poor Experience.

Dunan: Large Army. Good Equipment. Average Organization. Good Training. Excellent Experience.

Toran: Large Army. Good Equipment. Good Organization. Good Training. Good Experience.

Grasslands: Medium Army. Average Equipment. Poor Organization. Good Training. Excellent Experience.

Zexen: Small Army. Excellent Equipment. Good Organization. Good Training. Good Experience.

Tinto: Small Army. Excellent Equipment. Average Organization. Average Training. Good Experience.
WOW...WOW...... where did u got this info? can I have a copy?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia have the largest. Dont know to much about the rest.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Poor > Average means that poor is better than average. :S
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
WOW...WOW...... where did u got this info? can I have a copy?

I just did it from what we see of these armies in the games. :D
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya Harmonia is definately first
Then i think it's Dunan/Toran and Falenia(i think falenia could be as strong as Harmonia
Then i think it's Zexen and grasslands
Then last is Tinto

And i can assume Island nations is probably around Dunan and Toran just cuzz it's a base country and so are those 2
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else think that Harmonian forces might be somewhat overextended, large as they are? They have to guard so many fronts...plus, keep in mind that they have to keep control of local rebellions (probably in the Sanadia area mostly).

That's why I think Zexen has the best relative position, they have a decent-sized force in a small area.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe you would want to add Generals/Leadership to those rankings?

My take on that subject is....

Harmonia - Poor(something tells me in the fact that they lose so many wars that their generals are for the most part ineffective)
Dunan - Good
Toran - Excellent(Six Great Generals)
Grasslands - Poor(Almost no leadership)
Zexen - Good(Six Knights)
Tinto - Average
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Highland would have good or even excellent leadership aswell.
They have loads of excellent generals in Suikoden 2.

I think that the Highland army would be one of the strongest armies, especially if they had Leon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: