Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

distinction of "animal" counterparts

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: distinction of "animal" counterparts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before I begin this topic draws parallels between the real world and the fictions world shown in Genso Suikoden. This topic deals directly with an issue of evolution and assumes the most scientific explanation that we came to be from a long process of changes in many primate species that led to the current and only type of man now living on earth. If I offend anyone... grow up this is the Internet not your house of worship! Sorry for that just needed to get the point across. ^^ with that enjoy this topic which you'll more than likey think was a waste of time... ;; I hope not thouh

Okay we have Humans in Suikoden because were human. This goes for basically every game or work of fiction. Yet there are differences between the humans portrayed in the game series Genso Suikoden and anyone reading this. Suikoden humans are not bound by the vast amount of limitations that actual humans are. Magic Runes, Teleportation, breast that defy gravity, these are just some of the examples. The Suiko humans and us actual humans also differ in how we were created. As mentioned earlier we devolved over millions of years as different types of man came in and fell out of the biosphere as their environment changed, and this often lead to the spinning off new species and killing others. Suiko humans come from a much more easy to explain manner. They were created thanks to the runes that fell down from the heavens shaping their earth.

But like evolution the humans of the Suikoden world don't completely recognize this, as seen by their rise in different religions that are mentioned scarcely during the games. They to believe in gods and goddess, and stuff like that but not a lot of info has ever been given on it. Of course some know the true power of the True runes, which are considered gods in their almighty power. So it's fair to say that the humans that believe in one of the religions don't recognized themselves as creations of the runes, much like we don't recognize ourselves as coming from ape like creatures, but this process can be seen much easier in the kobolds or animal humans that appear in every Suikoden.

The easiest case is the Neko Kobolds. They often make comments that make you go "BUT YOU ARE A CAT!" This is only partially true. They are Kobolds that seemed to have come from cats (of course they were probably created like Suikoden humans). They hate mice, baths (I say baths because if there afraid of water then some godly being must have put them on that island as a joke ^^), but they seem to like cheese, and wearing clothing. I've never seen a cheese-eating cat that is enjoying that sweater some stupid bimbo put on them over their fur! They must see a difference in them as a different species much like humans do with other greater apes.

This also goes for the pimper humans like elves, dwarfs, and wingers. They are basically humans with better adaptations and more life span. Yet they see themselves as completely different from humans, and even look down on them to an extent like we do with our dead cousins! No matter how similar we look to the Homo erectus or the chimp we don't really think were the same. (Were not the same).

This is my topic on an inane part of the link between Suikoden and the real world... Everyone else makes these topics so I wanted in! SO BACK OFF!!! ^^ hehe

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

breast that defy gravity

that is just japanese animation, at work, it's not a part of the suikoden worlds physics
Quote:

but they seem to like cheese, and wearing clothing. I've never seen a cheese-eating cat that is enjoying that sweater some stupid bimbo put on them over their fur!

This is just a biproduct of evolution. With enhanced abilities and mental perception, one would naturally start to feel humility, as well as other "human" characteristics, and cover up there defining parts.
Quote:

elves, dwarfs, and wingers. They are basically humans with better adaptations and more life span.

In staying with the topic, I would say Wingers are an evolution of eagles or some other form of great bird. I've actually considered this sort of thing (evolution in Suiko), and that is what made sense to me, not that they were further advanced humans. That thought never even crossed my mind.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disagree; the wingers physical traits are very much closer to humans rather than eagles or any of their flying counterparts. They stand upright with two slender feet, they have hands with five grabbing fingers, they have hairs as opposed to feathers and they have lips instead of a beak.
Just make a comparison to the Duck Clan.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but from what we now about evolution, it always moves forward, never back or to the side. Thus the wingers taloned feet and batlike wing must be a trait of what they evolved from, not a new evolution because, there is no reason to evolve such traits in that part of the suikoden timeline or world. Humans can adapt to mountain environments just fine. They can traverse and hunt in such regions without the need to fly or be able to grab at prey from above. This is the reason certain creatures evolved wings and talons. Also, in human societies "mutants" are nevber looked upon well, and would likely be seen as defective/diseased from birth and not allowed to become a seperate race. Since full evolutions take many generations, I don't see this sort of thing happening. On that note, I would say elves and dwarves would be either evolutions of fairies and moles (or other digging creatures), respectively, or that humans didn't seem to mind pointy ears or short/stalky because such minor changes happen all the time. And yes, dwarves could be from moles, because we don't really look like apes, that's a part of evolution, improvement!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: