Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favourite Suikoden OST and song
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Favourite Suikoden OST and song Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite Suikoden OST's are Suikoden 1 and Tactics.My favourite song from Suikoden is Royal Palace Consultation and from Tacticsat the Inn but I like Meaning of inheritance,a certain port town and theme of hideout too!

The saddest song for me is Rune of punishment

PS:

Guys I used the search button and looked about the first pages of total 26 so if this has been posted before a long time ago I'm really sorry
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it has, but hey, if it's not on the first two pages, I think it's fair game, myself.

I haven't heard the music from Suikoden Tactics. I also haven't heard the music from Suikoden V. Anyone care to give me an update on who the composer is and if s/he's worked on Suikoden before? I thought it was the same person who did Suikoden IV, but I might be totally mistaken.

I know many people don't agree with me, but I am rather partial to the music in Suikoden III. I think the game had some great compositions, but suffered from some serious sound quality issues.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gotta admit...judging by the pre-order Bonus CD, V's is looking to quickly become my favorite music wise. I'm really fond of "The Queen's Knights" and "A new World Awaits." Gotta love Aio Koete as well. From what I've heard, it's just made up jibberish, but wow is it ever well done jibberish. Also pretty Fond of the theme from Gregmister in I and II. Also love "Gothic Neclord." Lastly, the slow, or fast, version of "Currents"

Queen's Knights really remind me of Suikoden II's music with the asian feel. There's alos something that reminds me of the music in CHrono Trigger to it. Esspecially Schala's theme and the music in the Black Omen. It really is one of my favorite non Vocal tracks from a video game now.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
JOWAH

Sierrachan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The OST i like most is Suikoden I'.
I was talking about it in my Suikoden' forum, i think that a good soundtrack is the one you listen from the beginning to end, withouth skipping any track, and i can do it only with GS1' ost.
My favourite track? I think it's the BGM of the Hidden village of Ninjas in gs2, but gah, i'm in love with so much tunes and tomorrow i would say that my fav it's another one
@_@
I heard few tracks from Suikoden V' ost, and i think it can surpass I' CDs. I hope it^^!

Jibrille 's Protector
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think V's OST is the only one I've ever really been heavily exposed to. Other than that I'm still in love with II. The music was really memorable, I think I might be able to recognize it just about anywhere. But yeah, favorites are the Suikoden II and III intros, and I hate to copy, but I have to agree with Scott- The Queen's Knights and A New World Awaits from V. Currents is pretty rockin' too. I like the a cappella version better though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I didn't like the a cappella version of Currents at all (if I'm thinking of the right one). I found it rather harsh on my ears. The mixing wasn't done very well, in my opinion.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Top three favorite Suikoden songs for me:

3. Rescue
2. Gothic Neclord
1. The Chase
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
I think it has, but hey, if it's not on the first two pages, I think it's fair game, myself.

I haven't heard the music from Suikoden Tactics. I also haven't heard the music from Suikoden V. Anyone care to give me an update on who the composer is and if s/he's worked on Suikoden before? I thought it was the same person who did Suikoden IV, but I might be totally mistaken.

I know many people don't agree with me, but I am rather partial to the music in Suikoden III. I think the game had some great compositions, but suffered from some serious sound quality issues.
Found this on the second page. And I'm still sticking by my choice, the Gensosuikoden II OGS'... though I'm thinking of changing from Vol. 1 to Vol. 2... Chant's just so damn great.. and uh, I've started to grow quite the liking to the Rhapsodia OST, I still need to listen to it as it is and not with the game, though.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Home Theme - Acoustic Arranged is my favoroute OST. The acoustic guitar is just soothing to me. Good stuff.

Gothic Neclord would be next. No need to explain, it's awesome.
Voodoom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, there's so much good music in the Suikoden series, and it's hard to narrow down my favourite tunes to a few. Here's my three favourites from each game:

Suikoden I
-An Old Irish Song
-Royal Palace Consultation
-Forgotten Days (and I like the "Forgotten Daze" remix even more than this.)

Suikoden II
-Children Playing in the Fields
-Let's Climb That Hill
-The Fugue ''Praise Be To My Master''

Suikoden III (Haven't played it...so I can't relate to the music as much)
-In the Sun
-Bridge Town
-Wind and Ground

Suikoden IV
-Crossing the Waves
-Southern Wind
-A Certain Meeting

Rhapsodia (Again, I haven't played this game yet so I can't relate to the music much.)
-The Inn
-A Certain Port Town
-At The Haruna Bar

Suikogaiden 1&2
-One Fine Day
-Imprisoned Town
-Battlefield Without Light

Overall, I'd say Suikoden IV had the best music, which some people probably find strange. The music's got that tropical, ethnic feel to it, and it's very diverse...any listener should enjoy it.

Then there's all the compilations and the collections...some favourites of mine are "Distant Mountain" from the first Celtic collection; "Let's Climb That Hill" from the Orrizonte collection; "Searching the Royal Palace" from Kentaro Haneda's arranged album.

...As you can see I'm a bit of a Suikoden music nerd, heh.
Teioh

Heavenfang

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have any specific OST which I'm fond of, everyone them has it's own great songs, might as well tell my favourites.

Suikoden:
Distant Mountain
Theme of Sadness
Passacaria
An Old Irish Song
Theme of the Advancing Army
Requiem

Suikoden II:
Reminiscence
The Fugue ''Praise Be To My Master''
The Legend
Gothic Neclord

Suikoden III:
Mysterious People

Suikoden IV:
Departure
Arrival
Rollback
Magnificient Handling of a Broadsword

Suikoden Tactics:
Things Lost
A Certain Post Town
Frontier Town
Pride of the Blood Relatives

Someone might've guessed that listening videogame music is one of my hobby's. )

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SII's OST will probably remain my favourite. Withered Earth, Currents and Gothic Neclord are the most brilliant songs I've heard in the PS1 era. I always thought Withered Earth would make a good theme song for Suikoden in general, much like the prelude to Final Fantasy is it's most memorable song of that series, though the name of it escapes me at the moment.

Favourite song right now would be Will to Victory in the Genso Suikoden Music Collection Produced by Hiroyuki Namba. Being a big fan of progressive rock/metal I was overjoyed to hear keyboards and guitars wailing to a Suikoden I (II?) battle theme.

"A proud and meaningless association of human beings."
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have now the SV OST and it has some crazy shit on it!
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would prefer Suikoden III Ai Wo Koete!!! It is nice!!! :mrgreen:
Dew Dust

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I adore a lot of the music in the Suikoden series though I didn't play them all.

Suikoden II:
Battlefield without light
Radat's theme--Her sigh
Greenhill's theme

I particularly like the lyrical versions of Her Sigh and Due Fiumi (Two River theme)
Their voices are so beautiful and the lyrics are touching.

Suikoden III:
Mysterious People
Blade
And of course the Intro song--the title is escaping me >_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: