Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Flik and Viktor after Suikoden I *spoilers*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Flik and Viktor after Suikoden I *spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it ever explained how they escaped in the crumbling Palace. Also why didn't they go back to Toran to enjoy the victory? In II Viktor ask Apple how was Mathiu, indicating he never went back to Toran after him and Flik escaped.

It seem strange that after the colapse of the empire they would simply head to Jowston without even attemping to get back and see how things turned out.

I never played II with a save file so did he tell Mcdohl why they never returened?

thanks in advance
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They escaped the palace by leaving it before it crumbled. It doesn't actually show the palace falling apart in the ending of Suikoden II.

I'm not sure why they didn't go back, but I do believe that Apple asks something to that effect in the very same conversation in which Apple asks about Mathiu.

And I don't think either Viktor or Flik ever tells Tir about it. Tir is still silent in Suikoden II, so he really couldn't have asked either of them about it...
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
They escaped the palace by leaving it before it crumbled

Thanks for that very insightful revalation! But really, so there isn't really a story about there daring escape? Too bad, would have been cool, I was waiting in II for them to flashback on how they got away and why they didn't return to Toran. I figured it had to be a reason, like maybe the last of the empire soldiers chased them all the way to Jowston or something like that.

I think it would make a cool side story about what exactly happened right after the final battle in Suikoden I
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed they left because Viktor thought there was no place in a peaceful republic for professional warriors like him. Based on Flik's reaction to the conversation with Apple, it seems that Viktor said they would keep in touch with Toran but never actually did. Maybe he was just too lazy?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought along the lines of wataru14. Viktor and Flik don't stick around long after the battle as can be seen in Suikoden II when they left for the Grassland, came back for the Highest Rebellion and left again.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see why there's any question as to why they headed up to Jowston. They became mercenaries. They knew they were powerfull warriors, and there was no need for them in Dunan. However, it seemed pretty well known that there were a few issues going on up in Highland/Jowston, so why not head there? It seemed to be the closest Nation that was dealing Political strife. That's the best I can come up with...

As for getting out of Gregminster...well, It's shown in Suikoden II that Gregmister's palace was fairly unharmed. Besides, we never acctually see the palace fall or any sort of real implication that it did.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
I don't see why there's any question as to why they headed up to Jowston. They became mercenaries. They knew they were powerfull warriors, and there was no need for them in Dunan. However, it seemed pretty well known that there were a few issues going on up in Highland/Jowston, so why not head there? It seemed to be the closest Nation that was dealing Political strife. That's the best I can come up with...

As for getting out of Gregminster...well, It's shown in Suikoden II that Gregmister's palace was fairly unharmed. Besides, we never acctually see the palace fall or any sort of real implication that it did.

The question isn't why they headed there, but rather why they left without so much as a good bye or to let the people know they were ok. It just seemed pretty inconsiderate to just leave the poeple you fought with the indication you died in battle. They couldn't have joined the New Toran Republic for a victory party and a "Hey we made it out ok" before they set off? Just seems theres more to that story to me.

And the palace was falling, they made that pretty clear as you were trying to escape,I don't think it fell completely but it did sustain some considerable damage i think. Suikoden II takes place a few years after Suikoden I so the palace could have been repaired
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure that Sars has confirmed that any damage was minimal. It shook and you escaped because there was a chance it could have collapsed then it didn't.

As for why they didn't go back, well, it was a poor move really but Flik, at least, assumed that Viktor contacted the Republic and let them know of their survival. I suppose it's part of that whole mysterious warrior mystique like how half of the Stars of Destiny seemingly 'vanished without a trace' at the end of the war.

It may also have something to do with the idea that before Suikoden became a 'franchise' with the announcment of Suikoden II, I think it was pretty assumed they just died.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It think Viktor wanted to go to Dunan and North Window to report that Neclord is dead.. He left the group after defeating Neclord for doing that..
But he get caught up on his way to Dunan and ended up in a nice prison cell on the top-floor of Moravia Castle.

After the victory of the liberation army, he knew that they didn't really need his help/hands now and he decided to go to dunan, with flik.

thats my theory..
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most probably Flik wanted to go back to tell that they were alive, but then dragged through the desert by Viktor saying that he would find a way to contact them once they reach Dunan.

Also, Flik maybe did not really want to come back because the whole Odessa thing; reaching and experiencing his lover's dream without her may be to much for him.

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that's what i thought, he maybe didn't wanted to see the fulfilment of odeassa dream without her.. Than after passing the badlands and realizing how difficult it was he didn't saw a chance in doing it so fast..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: