Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

American Review thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: American Review thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the sake of cleanliness, please post all future reviews of Suikoden V in this thread. Anyway, first up is 1up.com, which gave the game an 8.0 ("Dynamite", I am told).

http://1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3148892&did=1
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What an awful review. But the score is great!
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Metacritic will also gather them. Eventually.
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, as to whether or not it's "awful" i couldn't say, but i'm glad to see that it's being consistently well-received (at least, in the few reviews i've seen so far).

I just want to play it already!
Mister P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gamespy has given the game a rating of 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Sadly the full review has not yet been posted.
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that was a good review. More interesting though to me right now is over at gamefaqs, bluemoon (Sars) was asked to rank all the suikodens.

1: 8
2: 9
3: 9
4: 7
5: 10!

It's his favorite thus far...before he'd scored it a little lower, so i wonder why it went up. Guess time to think oevr it made it even better? That's just amazing...tomorrow will not come soon enough.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I..I'm rather surprised! a Suikoden game that gets good score? That never happens. Anyway. Yeah, it's really great to see that the ecores seem to be pretty decent so far, but I'm sure someone will eventually go on about how bland it is, but whatever... They can go play their cruddy emo RPGs.

I'm REALLY surprised at Sars's opinion...It really good to see he enjoys the game THAT well. Here's hoping that we all agree and that the critics will too. Who knows, maybe We'll have a suikoden that does well over here, for once.

It REALLY needs to be tommarow. I can hardly stand waiting to go up to gamestop and nab my stuff. I can barley wait to pop in the game and finnaly have a good RPG to play. Swear it feels like it's been forever since I've gotten to play one. Makai Kingdom was just too short, despite being good..but with Suiko V being as long as it supposedly is...I doubt I'll have to worry.

Though I may have to push back playing Kingdom Hearts II by a bit for Suiko V...

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Mister P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here is the link to the gamespy review, enjoy:

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/genso-suikoden-v/697227p1.html
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
I..I'm rather surprised! a Suikoden game that gets good score? That never happens.

Actually, SIII was notoriously favored by the gaming press.

And the gamespy review is horrible as well.

What is with stuff like,"That's stars in the celestial sense, not the American Idol sense, and many of these stars know a thing or two about kicking butt."

Feels totally unprofessional.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yo, I scanned Play's review:

http://conn.slightlydark.com/sv.jpg

I'd have to disagree with the music comment, but really that kind of stuff is up to personal taste (and I assume they didn't get the best ending.) Still, a nice review. So far every in US review, regardless of personal taste, the story has been universally praised.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe we get a top game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For people surprised about Sars change in opinion on Suikoden V:

We've both been posting a lot today at Gamefaqs, and in one of his posts (I believe it's his Q&A topic) he said that as he's playing his second playthrough of the game, he's enjoying the game even more! He said this is something that never happens to him, so I guess the game really is that good! I don't think I can be any more excited...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far I've only seen one review that was less the positive towards Suikoden V. This is great news.

Win A Free Suikoden Game or Strategy Guide at Harmonia Online
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, usually the second playthrough is somewhat a drag in RPGs, but in the case of Suikoden V, it's great. I'm taking more time exploring and listning to what townsfolk say, and what the characters say etc. Man, they did a great job making a rather "deep" world.
Magus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure some of the New Game+ features make it a little bit more enjoyable as well.

Win A Free Suikoden Game or Strategy Guide at Harmonia Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: