Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jowy Question (S2 Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Jowy Question (S2 Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Going on the True Ending (Jowy and Nanami survive and travel together ), if Jowy returned to Muse , would he still be arrested? In fact, is he even allowed to step foot in Muse ever again?

And I don't understand, why did he kill her? Was he brainwashed by Luca Blight?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you mean "her" as in Annabelle, then Jowy killed her to gain Luca's trust so he could enter Highland and win the war from the inside. It was also his view that her dying and allowing Highland to sneak attack was better than an all out battle costing many more lives.

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't imagine Jowy walking into Muse without being disguised, regardless.
Even if he was allowed back in Muse, people would never trust him.

-My DeviantArt-
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He will definitely be arrested if he go to Muse, maybe even executed. He is considered as a traitorous war criminal despite his true motive after all. That is why Riou escaped with him in secret; the leader of the Dunan Army can not be seen with the king of Highland.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

riou didn't really escape with jowy in secret. it would be a secret if shu didn't know about it. plus i bet viktor and flik had a idea of where riou was going after what they say to him if you leave after declining to take the top position of duan or if you leave with out talking to the people in the war room.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy killing Annabelle was genius. It served so many purposes it's almost overwhelming. By killing Annabelle he prevents the impending battle and saves many lives. At the same time however he's saving most of the top brass of the soon to be Dunan Army. If he'd let the attack proceed there probably never would have been a war. He couldn't allow that to happen though because by necessity he needs it (the war) because he has to perform the role of antagonist that the Black Blade rune forces him to, not to mention the fact that he manipulates the situation to start rising through the ranks of Highland so he can stop the war from the inside. After Jowy became king I wondered why he didn't just call a truce. If he wanted to save lives and stop the suffering a truce would've done the trick. But when I really thought about it, it occurred to me that one country had to conquer the other becoming a unified whole. Otherwise generations down the line the two countries would just be going at each other again. It saves lives in the long run. Very complex....

As for Jowy going back to Muse...I don't think they'd be happy about it but I don't think most people would notice. Jowston never really shows animosity towards Jowy himself, but at Highland as a whole, and more often Luca. I think he'd have a harder time in the Highland territories. They laid all their misfortunes at his feet and cursed him. Highland is definitely not happy with their former king. They'd hang him, whereas Jowston would probably end up offering him sanctuary.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Shu and Jowy said, they believed there isn't enough space for the two nations (Highland and Jowston) and therefore one has to defeat the other in order to prevent those wars in the future. Jowy thought it would better if he did it, because he wanted to leave the concept of one nation over the other behind as he said right before fighting against Gorudo. It wouln't be enough to win, he, Jowy, has to win, because he (and maybe Leon) thought about the whole thing this way. He didn't know what would be if Jowston won and he was sure that the Highland would still remain as the superior. Since Jowston won and there was a rebellion later on he was probably right...

The Fool
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
riou didn't really escape with jowy in secret. it would be a secret if shu didn't know about it. plus i bet viktor and flik had a idea of where riou was going after what they say to him if you leave after declining to take the top position of duan or if you leave with out talking to the people in the war room.

When I said "in secret" I meant that there was only a few selection of people who knew about it. Riou could not really make a press conference stating; "o people of newly formed Dunan! It is a shame that despite me leading the Dunan Army towards victory, I would not stay here to lead you all. I decided to travel with the former king of Highland!"

As for the fact that Jowston never really shows animosity towards Jowy himself... Well, Jowy did kill Annabelle was in charge of Highland through the second half of the war; he should at least be held responsible, if only for political reasons.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i believe the only person who knows who killed annabelle was nanami and riou. ya he told viktor and tried to tell jesse but that's all who knew about it and i doubt they would go blapping it around in muse saying it was jowy that killed her.

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are missing my point; Jowy would still have to be held responsible for his actions if he was officially captured, regardless of how many know what he had done. If not, it would look bad politically even if the hero of Dunan Unification War himself defended him.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hell, Jess alone would have hanged him if he knew and had a chance.

I imagine Jowy, Riou, and Nanami ran away to places far from Dunan; The former City-States of Jowston wouldn't let Jowy just live out his life as your average Joe Citizen; Highland is going to blame him for losing thier home, and certainly they're not going to be fond of Riou or Nanami.

Maybe they wound up whereever Jillia and Pilika are? I can't imagine Jowybeing seperated for them for a long time. (Though I think they went to Harmonia, didn't they? If they did, I can't imagine Hikusaak and co. would uhm, resist the moment to get both the runes that make the rune of beginning.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok we saw in the game that jowy riou and nanami went to haramonia (where jilia and pilika are) and then he turned his back and went back i don't know here maybe he was checking them only. and we don't know if later he joined them
and sophitia you have a great POV, but i don't know i think they went back to dunan after that and then they set on a new journey to another place and that's how they continued thei're life travelling from place to another becasue they were told by leknaat and shu that the world is still unknown for the 2 of them so they have a long journey to complete and therefoe in Suikogaiden vol.2 they meet nash and i don't know what happens with him cause i didn't play the game and it's japanese so i won't understand a word
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok we saw in the game that jowy riou and nanami went to haramonia (where jilia and pilika are) and then he turned his back and went back i don't know here maybe he was checking them only. and we don't know if later he joined them
and sophitia you have a great POV, but i don't know i think they went back to dunan after that and then they set on a new journey to another place and that's how they continued thei're life travelling from place to another becasue they were told by leknaat and shu that the world is still unknown for the 2 of them so they have a long journey to complete and therefoe in Suikogaiden vol.2 they meet nash and i don't know what happens with him cause i didn't play the game and it's japanese so i won't understand a word
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jowy wrote:
so they have a long journey to complete and therefoe in Suikogaiden vol.2 they meet nash and i don't know what happens with him cause i didn't play the game and it's japanese so i won't understand a word

actually it was in suikogaiden one when jowy, riou and nanami meet nash.

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you look at Suikoden IV Don't flame me for this but Snowe is an example as well as helmut

Snowe sold out Razaril and in return he became just a regular citizen when he goes andsaves the nation.

Helmut however was basically a defector wouldn't most people wanted to have abused him yet he had a unite attack and such no one ever did anything to him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: