Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

voices/translation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe this is just the fan boy in me, but I can see him NAILING a voice for Killey perfectly. Really, Blum OR crispin as Killey would give me a fangasm like no other. I love them both and like killey, so...

Anyway. I'm impressed. So far I feel like all the voices fit the characters well, Arshatat being the prime example. Whoever did it did very well. The only other I can see doing well is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn her voice as Salome, esspecially CRAZY Salome, would have worked pretty well. but none the less, I am very pleased so far.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn? Isn't she the woman who plays the voice of major Kusanagi on Ghost In The Shell: SAC? I think she is. And yes you're right Blum would make one of hell of an actor for Killey. He's got that mysterious style.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey never has any voice acting in the entire game so don't get your hopes up.

And if that Blum dude did Brandeu then he has a good chance of reprising that role since Brandeu appears in an off way.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Killey never has any voice acting in the entire game so don't get your hopes up.

And if that Blum dude did Brandeu then he has a good chance of reprising that role since Brandeu appears in an off way.

yes, killey had no scene where he has any voice acting and the off way you mean was so surprising to me..hahahaha

I still think that the voices are great, i don't think that the ones of suiko4 are really bad either..only chiepoos...that annoyed me...
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they did just fine. And it's too bad Killey doesn't have a voice. All the other voices are exactly as I imagined them...except, Georg's voice seems a little too "fake" for me. I don't know how else to explain it.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did Lorelai have any voice acting in the game?

I do like most all of the voices. However, Zerase is probably my favorite...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lorelai has a few cutscenes yeah.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't you hear Lorlei in the cutscene with the building falling go uhhh uhh as in she is having a hard time withstandfing it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zahak wrote:
Marscal's voice sounds like Glenn Cott from Suikoden IV..
Yeah, Michael McConnohie. I think he also did the Fog Ship Guide in IV.
Dr. Chaos wrote:
What was the name of the guy who did Lino's voice?

Hopefully He's lending his voice to another character in Suikoden V. He's pretty smooth.
Kim Strauss. I don't think he should do another voice, considering he did a "misc. voice" in Tactics and it was too easy to hear it was the same guy, so it would just be too uncomfortable.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wtf Killey doesn't have a voice? How can we can solve Killey and Lorelai's mystery if he doesn't have a voice? Boooo. Way to take away from the impact.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey without voice acting. Says a lot about his involvement in the main plot, doesn't it?

But, like the other fighting characters, he does have some lines during the victory pose, right?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey got the shaft!
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Killey without voice acting. Says a lot about his involvement in the main plot, doesn't it?

He actually has a lot to say, especially at towards the end. None of it is acted though. Of course, it requires that you recruit and actually bring him with you.

Quote:
But, like the other fighting characters, he does have some lines during the victory pose, right?

I can't remember exactly what Killey does in his victory pose but most characters say like 1 word, except Georg who sometimes laughs.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would of thought he would have been automatic if he had something to do with it unless there were some actions he did before hand
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game actually has a surprising amount of leniency in that regard. There are several points where you can have a slightly different experience by bringing certain people in your party. Sometimes you can have one of them stand in for you in a duel as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: