Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Spoiler] Ted Recruitment Script
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: [Spoiler] Ted Recruitment Script Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We all know that Ted comes back in Suikoden 4. However, the events involving his recruitment reveals a lot about the Suikoden world, so I decided to translate the entire event's script.

So here goes.

Initially, the hero enters the meeting room after liberating Razril. There he sees Reno En Crudez. Suddenly the ship shakes violently, and Nico yells that a ship suddenly appeared on port side. You go up to the deak and a strange, massive ark is moored beside your ship. A mysterious man in a robe walks out and says, "please follow me, I will take you to the captain.

Then Reno decides that you, him, and one other will go inside (three person party).

The inside is a vast, dark, empty space with a path that's seemingly floating and stretching into the lengthwise expanse of the ark. As you proceed, the man stops and says--

"Your...curse of the true rune. Have you ever thought, "why me?"

After proceeding a bit further, the man speaks again.

"....because of your rune.... you must have lost many things."

Then you finally arrive at the end of the ship.

Man in Robe: .... We are here. The captain is waiting.

Guru of the Mist Ship: I am he who crosses the Million Worlds.
And the one who observes the fate of this world from afar.
You, come with us, yay or nay?

Reno En Crudez: ...what the... what the hell is he saying...?

Guru of the Mist Ship: Hero... bearer of a cursed rune.
Come with me, and you will be released from your suffering.
Bid farewell to this pity-deserving world.
In this ship where time holds no reign, you shall go with me...

Man in Robe: ....

Guru of the Mist Ship: Hero... you understand.
It is pointless to struggle against destiny.
Do not waste my invitation.
This world would end, soon enough.
Decide...

Hero can choose from the following--

1) Hero: I don't care about your circumstances!
2) If I stay here, my life won't be siphoned further?

-------------------------------------
If you choose 2--

Guru of the Mist Ship: Of course.

Man in Robe: Don't be fooled, he just wants your true rune!

If you choose 1--

Guru of the Mist Ship: Hero...I am disappointed.

Man in Robe: ....I will... leave as well.

Guru of the Mist Ship: ... Now, what did you say, Ted?

Ted: I decided, it's a good opportunity. I decided that I want to face my destiny, once again. Seeing these guys made me change my mind. I haven't felt like this in a while...no, maybe it's the first time. So, can you return that rune to me? That cursed rune... the Souleater!

Guru of the Mist Ship: Humph, how foolish... forgetting the favor you owe for being taken care of. But... the rune can not be returned. I can not let you have it!!!

Reno En Crudez: Be alert! He's coming at us!

Ted: I'll help!

[Battle with Guru of the Mist Ship]

Guru of the Mist Ship roars as the Souleater is ropped away from him, and returns to Ted.

Ted: Souleater... I will... not rune away...again...

Ted collapses.

Reno runs to Ted and kneels beside him.

Reno: Hey...

Leknaat suddenly appears behind the hero.

Guru of the Mist Ship: You... Keeper of.... Balance...?

Leknaat: Guru, return quietly to whence you have come, to the eternal capital where your bretheren live. Please do not take those who wish against it.

Guru of the Mist Ship: I will... have my revenge... against this world... against chaos... for that I must gather more power...

Leknaat: Unfortunately... that is not a role you have been assigned.

Suddenly Ted's Souleater glows, and the Guru of the Mist Ship is sent back to its world.

Leknaat: The Rune Sylbolizing Life and Death... Souleater, also should not be removed from this world. To see someone willfully uniting with a rune that he himself removed before... I have witnessed the resolve of mankind..... No need to worry. The end of this world... It's not something for anyone to worry about at this point. You will follow the path that you believe in. I will observe where it leads you. Runes of destiny... although we are all pusued, one day we sshall, again...

Leknaat disappears.

Reno: Who was that? Some sort of witch... or something?

Mist Ship starts shaking violently.

Ted wakes up.

Ted: Ugh... ouch...

Reno: H...Hey! isn't this ship in a bit of... danger?

Ted: The captain actually has no form. The body you saw was made with magic........hmm?.....so that means....perhaps....ermm...this ship is also made with such magic?

Reno: That's a problem, let's return fast!

*The End*
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, that scene makes it seem like Ted willingly gave away the Soul Eater to this Guru of the Mist Ship. I guess having the rune for 150 years, Ted just kind of lost hope for a while. Good thing he came to his senses.

So, am I right to assume that this whole thing is a side quest? Because I remember reading in another thread that it is possible to miss getting Ted. That leads me to beleive that he isn't that important to the story. Is this whole mist ship thing the only part of the game that involves Ted in it? If so I guess I can see how him and Hero 4 don't really have that close of a relationship, thus the statment he makes to Tir that he was his only friend still holds true it seems.

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, do I understand correctly, that the Guru is whom Ted "lost" the Soul Eater to for roughly ten years, and this is when he gets it back?

Excalibur1027, as Ted is a Star of Destiny, I'm hoping he will be a combat character instead of one you can't choose to place in your party. This may be the only "major" portion of the game's plot he is involved in, but I know that if he's a playable character in combat, he'll be a part of my party for a long time. I doubt I'll ever actually take him out unless I have to.

January seems so far away at this point.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted does indeed fight in battle, and with Soul Eater too!
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow thats deep and it certainly makes sense now when it became known that Ted "lost" the rune. He didnt lose the rune but rather chose to remove it and as such was sort of holding the rune for him and away from him. Really makes one think what else within the game will we learn about Ted and that rune. Not to mention what effect said true rune will have on the game itself storyline wise aside from dealing with Ted.So yeah while these are spoilers I might have wanted to witness myself it is certainly very very cool information.

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like I know at least one half of my party for the final battle, Hero4 and Ted are sure to be mainstays, I don't know too much about the other characters to make an educated decision, though I don't expect to until I actually play the game.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, the "eternal capital" is where the Sindar are said to have ended up. So, the Guru of the Mist Ship is a Sindar.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. Interesting.
The Guru, The "eternal capital".. Perhaps one of the many realms of the suikoden universe? The World of Emptiness, maybe?

...I hope we get to see more about this on later Suikodens...

Also:
"Guru of the Mist Ship: I will... have my revenge... against this world... against chaos... for that I must gather more power... " <---- i can almost hear the screams of fanboys claiming he's Pesmerga...

EDIT: Damn, i finish typing the post and i find SARSadmin's post about the eternal capital.

All the way to the edge of this world
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Guru looks like a giant shell-fish with some tentacles, so I'm sure the Pesmerga fanboy lamers won't jump to such conclusions.
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Leknaat: Guru, return quietly to whence you have come, to the eternal capital where your bretheren live. Please do not take those who wish against it.

Guru of the Mist Ship: I will... have my revenge... against this world... against chaos... for that I must gather more power...

Leknaat: Unfortunately... that is not a role you have been assigned.
Did'nt somebody say Lekkaat was evil this is strange it looks like there is a group that watches the world I smell a Hikusaak conspiracy :shock:

only after I fond out Guru was'nt Pesmerga :D

Last edited by luc on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
The Guru looks like a giant shell-fish with some tentacles, so I'm sure the Pesmerga fanboy lamers won't jump to such conclusions.

Heh, that won't stop them. There are still pezmaniacs who think that he was Kogoro in S3. :lol:

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol @ excalibur thats true ^^........anyways i wanted to ask...where di ted cme...i mean the only one who where talking was that robbed man, the guru, reno and hero so how did ted suddenly appear?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Explains why Ted didnt recognize Leknaat in 1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So this seems to be a side quest of sorts and so you can pick either choice to get him or just one??

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow, now hopefully I'll forget all of this when i get my copy.

guru's line sure smelt like some kind of Pesmerga garbel.

its so cool, the world unravels. soon all will be known and there won't be any suprizes. Keep tabs on what ever I say folks, months ago, during the time when Suikocastle was in its last leg of life I was saying Ted was comming back in this game. I got chewed out, having people say its impossible because they forgot Ted is 300 years old.

what Ninnyninny-poopoo-heads! If I say somthing, it could be a possiblity!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: