Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Interesting site I found, Possible all 27 Runes??? *spoilers*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Interesting site I found, Possible all 27 Runes??? *spoilers Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I used the search feature for hours and didn't find anything like this posted, but if I missed it please forgive me.

While surfing the net I came across this site

http://www.dyasdesigns.com/roleplay/dragonlanguage.html

Now if you see the chart to the right, you will see why it caught my eye. I couldn't help but notice how closely the chart looked like the descriptions of the True Runes we know of in the suikoden universe.

So I started comparing the Runes we know with the descriptions.

Abdek- Law/Order

Could be related to the True Circle Rune, but the Circle Rune doesn't really deal with Law, but then again, Harmonia, being the former place of the bearer of the Circle Rune, is a symbol of Order we know for sure and Law, or mayber a Rune we have yet to see?? Could be the rune of Punishment though. You get punished for breaking law and order...weak i know bet eh?

Ahn- Perception Augury and Detection

Interesting description. I don't think it fits any true runes known to us but it seems if it were a ture rune, it would be able to detect other true runes. I think this would be a pretty important Rune to anyone. I mean the power to find all 26 other Runes....maybe its what Hikusaak went in search for....if it was a true rune of course

Krrez- Chaos/Change

I think this is mostly related to the True Rune of Change held by the Sindar people. I mean having to move from place to place must have been pretty chaotic, also the chaos could represent the duality commonly found in the True Runes in the game.....who knows

Bal- Harm/Evil

Could be related to Yuber and his Eight-Fold Rune.

Org- Necromancy

Blue Moon Rune maybe? The power to raise the dead that Neclord showed would be a hint at this. And vampires are a form of Necromancy

Then- Control

I think this also could be related to the Circle Rune. Harmonia is obviously in control of most the world, or was at some point, so maybe its cause on this. Or some other Rune we have yet to see, maybe the True Rune the Conquerer Rune was born of?

Mah- Aid/Enhance

Doesn't sound like a Rune we know of. Maybe a Rune that greatly Enhances other Runes making them 10 times more powerful??? That would be a real find if it were a True Rune. Or maybe just Aid or Enhaces anything it is attached to. Like if attached to a human it grants super human strenght or to a sword it would cut through almost anything. Could be the True Rune the skill rune, holy rune, defense runes etc., were born from.

Kaerr- Protect or Sheild

Sounds like its related to the Sovereign Rune with its ability to ward off or cancel any other True Runes magic

Lus- Pyromancy

True Fire Rune maybe?

Glin- Terramancy

True Earth Rune?

Glar- Light

Don't know much about it but could be related to the new Sun Rune in an up coming title...don't even know if the Sun Rne is a True Rune or not

Thrag- Deceptions,illusions and lies

Doesn't fit with whats known I don't think but could be the True Rune that the trickster rune was born of? Maybe the power to create massive illusions like an entire advancing army or the ability to make anything you say sound undiniably believable, making this an interesting Rune were it a True Rune

Nuglar- Darkness or Shadow

Sounds like the Night Rune to me

Nilg- Hydromancy

True Water Rune?

Nageg- Druidry (animal)

Could be the Beast Rune

Feez- Druidry (Plant)

Nothing familiar that we know of. Could grant conrol over plants and vegitation, like the ability to command a forest to come to life(Tree Beard anyone) Or spawn and command deadly vines and spores, even devour an entire city in an endless jungle

Gor- Magical Power/ Mana pure magic

Not sure but could be The Rune of Begining. I mean in trems of one Rune being absolute magic, what Rune could it be other that the Rune of Begining

Ahp- Aether/Aeromancy

True Wind Rune?

Trahg- Flesh/Body

No Rune we know of, perhaps a Temptation Rune. The power to be irresitable to who ever you should meet, a lovers Rune if you will. The bearer would be of absolute stunning body and beauty. No man or woman(depending on the bearer....or maybe both, who knows) could deny them.

Luv- Life

I was going to say The Rune of Life and Death, but I don't think it is. Maybe a Rune with the power to give life. Like if someone was mortaly wounded, it could heal them, or if someone were dead, it could revive them only after so long. Maybe even cure illnessess and blindness. Could be the Ressurection Rune was born from it were it a True rune. Hmmmmm.... maybe Liukan had.....naaaaahh

Strah- Mind/Mystical

Again not sure but could be the Star Rune from an up coming title

Serahk- Soul

I think this is our beloved Soul Eater aka The RUne of Life and Death. The soul Eater craves souls to take, so what better relation could there be

Dar- Person

I have no idea what this could do if it were a Rune and im all out of creative juice so maybe someone else could geuss if were to be a True Rune

Eg- Food

Maybe a Master Chef Rune :). Hey its possible, food has been a big thing in the Suikoden World. Maybe its a True Rune out there driving them for those cook offs. And the ability to destroy an entire army with a....you guessed it.... massive food fight... or (insert countless bad jokes here)

Now that would be only 24 True Runes I know. Thats why I think if this list were to be somewhat like the driving force behind the True Runes in suikoden then these 3 were made for the game, or came from another source

The Gate Rune

The Dragon Rune

and the True Lighting Rune

Now your thoughts on this. Again if this or something similar was posted please forgive me and direct me to that post, thanks.

Last edited by 1Rune2RuleThemAll on Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But isn't that just some made up stuff for roleplaying? Quite possibly made after the first Suikoden?

And anyhow, it's missing three Runes, like you said, which takes the rest of the credibility of this speculation. And if my memory serves me right, there was going to be a total of 36 True Rune's at first, but it was lowered down to 27 for reasons. And the Tarot speculation seems a bit more reliable too, as it's not as specific.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm..interesting.
Maybe there are many people that know these dragon rune stuff..
Konami took a lot of real world influences into suikoden..
The missing runes could be made up by them self..by konami..
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also the thing that I think gives it more credibility is the fact that all runes are born of some 27 True Rune.....and anybody remeber the Phero Rune, which makes a characer of the opposite sex protect you from attacks.

Could be born from the Trahg- Flesh/Body(see my description above) relation Rune if it were true.

Even if your a sceptic, you gotta admit its a brow raiser
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone not even playing the games could guess the basic elemental runes, so thats really not a brow raiser as such (as most would make the jump to specific 'magic conjuring' classes if they knew it). The fact that then those who have played the first would have linked the dragon rune to the existence of beings from another plane coupled with the gate rune and windys conjuring of an army, throws open various angles to take true rune origins. If you look at it this way we have numerous runes with the same round about meanings.

The Blue Moon Rune effectivly deals with compassion and destruction, it enables the existence of vampires without the need for blood.
The Night Rune pretty much does the same (as night in referrence to myth would refer to creatures of the night in linking with the rune being able to dispose of vampires)

Dragon Rune and the Gate Rune for planar transportation.

Rune of Change being just that, a constant ebb of movement.

With just those we have:

elemental dominion
planar dominion
ethereal dominion

with other runes taking up various aspects of the human psyche (rune of punishment with atonement and forgiveness) human existence (soul eater with life and death) sealing of magic (sovereign rune) a link to monsters/beasts (Beast Rune) a link to war (Rune of Beginning) continuity (Circle Rune).

If one were to speculate about possible true runes one would simply look at what runes have yet to be covered, other then that really theres very little which actually raises a brow due to the progression of the current true runes covering all bases.

You wouldnt have said prior to the true elemental runes being found that those would be unique and unheard of because its obvious. Since we have so many runes with so few 'tech trees' the relm of possibility makes anything viable but also many things expected.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clever list, but looks like something for a roleplay, and if the URL is to be believed, it is. I doubt Konami was at all inspired by it for Suikoden...Especially since according to the Itnernet Archive, the page has only been around since around 2003.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are some major holes that you conveniently forgot. WHere's the gate rune for one? and what about the dragon rune? Not to mention the already stated fact that there are only 24 items on that list.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That temptation rune would make Jeane so terribly terribly simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: