Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sasarai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serpent of Wisdom

Caduceus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sasarai109 wrote:
Which should've been said all along. How can someone summonmonsters with a Ture Wind Rune anyway?

Luc used his true wind rune to make the golem FLY
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serpent of Wisdom wrote:
Sasarai109 wrote:
Which should've been said all along. How can someone summonmonsters with a Ture Wind Rune anyway?

Luc used his true wind rune to make the golem FLY

Well perhaps he used the Gate Rune on his head? Although I can't quite remember if he has it in Suikoden I.
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In suikoden 1 the caracter can only use 1 rune. In suikoden 3 we see that the original runes that Luc uses are True wind and pale gate. I don't remember if Sarah also have a pale gate, if she does than I guess that it is using the rune that you summon monsters (with Yuber being an exception) and Leknaat teach them how to do that. Perhaps the pale gate is also related with a weaker teleport than the blink rune?
For Leon as far as I know he got a lot of contacts and his influence is really big (Caesar conviced Lucia simply telling that he is Leon's grandson) and so it is very hard to say where or how Windy and Leon found the secret to call Yuber
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tokuro wrote:
Perhaps the pale gate is also related with a weaker teleport than the blink rune?

The Gate Rune (Entrance/Exit) opens the gate linking the world of Yuber to the suikoworld. Blinking Rune teleports characters from a place in the suikoworld to another place in the same world.

Pale Gate is maybe a weaker Gate Rune, probably not related to Blinking.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True but we were wondering how Leon found out how to summon Yuber. Maybe Leknaat can summon beings from other worlds too. If so, Maybe she'll summon someone/thing awesome and then get him/her/it to join us.

"For me to call someone my friend they must be equal to me in all respects"
Griffith- Berserk
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tokuro@:

I asure you that image of Luc wouldn't be ruined. He wouldn't have much different role from SI and SII, but there would be something that i would put that would make his apperiance even better, and in balanced way, not like Yuna in X-2.
Anyways since Sasarai's card after end of SIII told us that he's in some existentional agony or something like that. It could be possible that he will follow his brothers steps. Not in a same way, but maby something like that.
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is my guess of what will happen with Sasarai, we will go against Hikusaak soon enough. Well if you say you history is really good, then I will have to wait until the game release to see :) . Yeah pale gate may not be related to blink, but it is logical that if can bring monster of one place from this world perhaps it could made a weaker teleport. That is the only way that I can relate Luc/Sarah teleporting powers
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is my guess of what will happen with Sasarai, we will go against Hikusaak soon enough. Well if you say you history is really good, then I will have to wait until the game release to see :) . Yeah pale gate may not be related to blink, but it is logical that if can bring monster of one place from this world perhaps it could made a weaker teleport. That is the only way that I can relate Luc/Sarah teleporting powers. If you see in Suikoden3 only the mages with good pale gate magic (Sasarai, Picollo) can make that "teleport" in battle (when you attack with one of them they dissapear and appear in front of the enemy) the other mages have to run
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sasarai109 wrote:
True but we were wondering how Leon found out how to summon Yuber. Maybe Leknaat can summon beings from other worlds too. If so, Maybe she'll summon someone/thing awesome and then get him/her/it to join us.

He could've learned it from Windy (he was formerly a Scarlet Moon Army Strategist), or from Leknaat (by the time of the Toran Liberation War).

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@ Uwangski, first off, the blinking rune is only seen to teleport, and going by Viki it can teleport through space and time as mcuh as it likes, so the idea that the blinking rune is an offshoot of the gate rune isn't completely unfounded, however I don't agree. Also, Windy is a recent addition to the Scarlet moon roster by the time of the Gate Rune wars and Leknaat would have no reason to tell Leon how to summon Yuber. It's more likely that he learned it through his studies. He's a well educated man and a catalyst like Yuber would surely have SOME record.

@ Sasarai, one would think that Leknaat would've done so already if she found it neccesary. It's possible that she could do it in the future, but with the current trend she's having less and less to do with the stories so it's unlikely (but not impossible.)

@ Bright shield, stop stealing my ideas. Hunt through the rest of the thread, I already had a theory about Sasarai going bat-shit loco on the world.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sasarai109

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait for Sasarai's return, It'll be big in the storyline I think and hope. I think it would be so cool if Leknaat tried to recruit Sasarai as her next pupil but that's just something random. It would be cool but then he'd be even more like Luc.

Griffith- Berserk
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
@ Uwangski, first off, the blinking rune is only seen to teleport, and going by Viki it can teleport through space and time as mcuh as it likes, so the idea that the blinking rune is an offshoot of the gate rune isn't completely unfounded, however I don't agree.

Through space and time in the same world. The idea of the Gate Rune is that aside from the three physical dimensions and time, there is another world apart from the suikoworld wherein there are no physical connections, then the Gate Rune creates a way to the other.

Scarlet assassin wrote:
Also, Windy is a recent addition to the Scarlet moon roster by the time of the Gate Rune wars and Leknaat would have no reason to tell Leon how to summon Yuber.

Was she? Sorry, I didn't realize that.

Scarlet assassin wrote:
It's more likely that he learned it through his studies. He's a well educated man and a catalyst like Yuber would surely have SOME record.

You have a point there, but Leknaat could've passed it to someone else, and then that someone else taught Leon.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But that teaching is not likely to have come from Leknaat in my opinion but it couldn't have been Windy, or could it have been...I don't know. Hmm Leon is a mystery and is he alive... I think so. I doubt Konami will ever explain officially how he did learn to summon Yuber, so we will all forever wonder.

Griffith- Berserk
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually Uwangski, the world VIki comes from is treated as a different world. The younger version of her says something indicating that they come from another world, thus the blinker and the gate might have a strong connection than it seems at first, but I still doubt it. The leon yuber mystery will probably never be solved but as far as I'm concerned, some sort of record book stated something about Yuber and Leon did his research, eventually finding all the things in common that brought about his appearance and simply replicated them. Or we could go with the Suikoden answer to everything "Because it was in the stars" or "The Sindar did it."

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sasarai109

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
Or we could go with the Suikoden answer to everything "Because it was in the stars" or "The Sindar did it."

Haha that's perfect, hilarious. lol I got a good laugh outta that. Yup it was the Sindar lol. Ok maybe Leon just did study in some books in Crystal Valley at the huge Library there, or anywhere. I guess we'll always wonder....

Griffith- Berserk
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: