Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harmonian Symbol
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Harmonian Symbol Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering if anyone knew the exactly meaning for the symbol that Sasarai has on the chest of his uniform in Suikoden 2/3. It's also seen in gaiden flashbacks on the chest of Lena and younger Nash. It's also on Sasarai's hat.

I'm thinking something related to the temple, or perhaps first class. Does anyone know for sure?

-My DeviantArt-
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, wasn't it just the Sun symbol thingy, like the ones the Harmonian Soldiers had on their armour? Supposed to represent the Circle Rune or such.
Or did Sarasai have something else on his uniform?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know it was on the Harmonian soldier armor actually. I can't think of their armor very well though, could be

-My DeviantArt-
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like this one and this one.

I dunno. I always thought it was some kind of thistle for some reason, 'cause that's totally what it reminds me of...`^^';;;;

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh! I never noticed that symbol on Sarasai's uniform. You guys must be greater Sarasai fans than i am.

I think of it as some sort of heart in the centre gap. Kind of looks like the symbol for the Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. I'm taking a guess at this, a wild one, but it could be the herald for those from Crystal Valley. *shrugs* I dunno.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It certainly seems to be a symbol of Harmonian power--Sasarai has a large flag with a similar (though much more complex sigil) hanging behind him when he's in one of the Field Commander's tents before Luc got him in trouble (this is in the manga). I think it must have something to do with the Church in particular...?

...and yes, I am one of the biggest Sasarai fans alive. X(

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd guess it's perhaps something to do with the temple? I'm probably way off but I seem to recall Lena was a temple guard wasn't she (if not, then ignore this theory)?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think it prolly has some thing to do with the harmonia army. all the soldiers have them, dios had one. and they were all part of the army.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering Harmonia is a "Holy Kingdom," a theocracy, and the military is run by warrior-bishops, I'm going to take a leap in the dark here ;) and say it's the emblem of the military big-wigs, including the elite force in the temple. I dunno.

uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's my hypothesis

Probably the coat-of-arms of Hikusaak. Anyone directly serving him gets the priviledge to wear these exclusive COA, (officers only, I guess). Like Nobunaga's Crest in Kessen III, his officers use his clan symbol although they are not really from Oda family. The fact that Geddoe and Duke's unit does not have these is maybe because they are simply mercenaries, wherein Hikusaak has no direct control on them

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the speculation guys!
And yes, I'm a big Sasarai fan (Luc too!)

I was trying to see if it was ever mentioned exactly what the symbol meant, but it seems it's based off speculation indeed.
I figured it was a military symbol for higher ups, and Hiccup makes a good point that the military is run by warrior-bishops.
I like Uwangki's concept about it being a crest of Hiksuaak as well.
Both concepts, well they're similar but yeh, work well. Thanks for the speculation guys! Nice to see I'm on the same page as everyone else anyway haha.

-My DeviantArt-
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That actually looks like the beast rune a bit... we don't know how many runes there really are in Harmonia, so could it be possible there is a rune more highly regarded than the Circle Rune... or wait, do we even know what the circle rune looks like?!

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think we even know what the circle rune looks like. For all we know that symbol could be the circle rune
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no we don't know what the circle rune looks like, there hasn't been any images of it yet. but you can be right where it could be some of kind of circle image.e

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
kleibert

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think that actually, we already know how the circle rune is, it's in fact the symbol on the harmonia kingdom's flag, you can see it at this adress: http://novaslash.free.fr/pages/index.php?page=blasons_drapeaux

i'm french, so i understand : it's the sixth "drapeau", the blue and white one. I already seen another symbol of the true circle rune, more beautiful and detailled, i have the picture but i didn't remember on what site i found it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: