Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Symphonia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Tales of Symphonia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the exception of replaying Suikodens I - III, Tales of Symphonia is turning out to be the game to satiate my RPG fix until Suikoden IV comes out in North America.

While it's true that I still have numerous RPGs I have yet to complete, and I have only played roughly an hour and change of Symphonia so far, I already love this game, almost as much as I do Suikoden.

One of the first things that I noticed when I started playing was that I swore I had heard Lloyd's voice somewhere before, and it didn't take long for me to realize it's the same voice actor who performed Max in Dark Cloud 2. (He also voices a background villager in Symphonia with a voice just a pitch deeper than Lloyd's) A quick search also revealed him to be the voice actor for Robin in Teen Titans. Much like Grandia, the voice acting isn't used every time a character speaks, but mainly for the story sequences and victory fanfare after battles.

The battle system takes a bit of getting used to, especially given most RPGs feature menu-based turn based battles, so I wasn't expecting .hack-like real-time battles, except your allies actually help you without you having to tell them to do so.

As for the graphics, I first discovered this game in Nintendo Power, so I knew about the graphic style, and the character designs sold me on the game almost immediately. The art is a little rough at times, but nothing too noticeable, though it does sometimes look like the characters are 2D cut-outs pasted onto the backgrounds, but that's easily overlooked.

I haven't really played enough of it to get an impression on how the overall game will be, as I'm just getting into the start of the real adventure. I'm not counting on it being better than Suikoden, though that's just my bias towards the Suikoden series, but it certainly looks better than some RPGs I've played.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, this game also gave me my RPG fix since the last, new RPG I played (Grandia Xtreme). However, let's just say I have terrible withdrawals-- I beat it in six days with all side quests finished, hardly touched it since.
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has eny one got to the last stage in the book I get to the warp and it said not enough soulfire need +200 I had more than 200 then came back with less and said same thing :?
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been wanting to play this game for a long time now, but I don't have a Game Cube. Does anyone know if it is for sure going to be released in America for the PS2? Because if not, I think I'll have to get a Game Cube one of these days. After reading the reviews I have a feeling I'd like it, I'm a really big fan of the other games (Pantasia was great! Destiny was AWESOME! Eternia...was ok.).

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Walks in and casts Mother Ocean on topic to revive it*

Hmm..I`ve been considering buying this game, since I have a Gamecube and am a huge RPG fan. I`ve been reading that the story is very clichéd...is that correct?

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I have heard nothing but great things about this game but since I do not own a Gamecube I will not bother with it. Maybe if I ever rent a Gamecube I will pick it up as a rental but I will not buy a GCube just to play this game and Harvest Moon:A Wonderful Life. Not unless I start making tons of money and have enough to freely throw around on video games then I may consider picking up a gamecube for future playing purposes. Like when I move out.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm..I think this game can wait for now. I`ll probably get a used copy off of eBay when people start selling them.

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have this game and I like all right :)
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the game was great to bad it toke no time to beat.
I like how bone headed loyed can be and how clumsy colite can be.
I think the final boss methos was a push over I beat him my first try and I wasent imprested by his skill I woped him easaly.
My favorite charicter was Persa she may be small but shes strong and I can smash any enemy with her.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beat this main story of TOS, without the side quests and such because It was a rental, but I enjoyed it so much. It was a very fun game, the story had some different elements to it, but the battle system really rocked.... I found it to be too easy my first playthrough, but looking after at that grade reward screen, I found that the game could be played much harder. I never did get to the coliseum(sp) because I didn't know when I Could enter it, and figures, at the end of the game....'

I found it to be the kind of game that if you really enjoy it, it's much too short....10 hours , after first playthrough...

I agree, the final boss wasn't very tough, I found the fairies and that gnome to be more difficult then Methos, and I didn't even have the most powerful weapons on any characters.....For the people who've beat the game fully, can it be a lot more difficult?
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes the whole Tales series are great, and Excalibur1027 this game will be on PS2, well I have the Japanese version and it is great, though soon enough the English version will be released for the PS2 which will be great. It saves me having to buy a Gamecube for only two or three games that I would actually like on the whole system.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thsi game was superb. The battle system was excellent. The EX sphere idea was excellent. The characters were likable with interesting weapons. Regal was by far my favorite character. He was so awesome. His greaves were very unique. I also liked Lloyd and Sheena a lot. Those three were my favorites.
Hyatt_is_Dead

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tales of Symphonia is a great game. Beat it twice since Christmas. Loved almost everything about it. Had a few problems with the storyline, admittedly (it picked up a LOT after disk 1), but other than that the characters were great, the battle system was great, the voice acting was great (most of the time), and the graphics were pretty good, too.

Plenty of favorite characters in this game, too. My favorite by far was Zelos, but Kratos and Regal are high up there, too.
"If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him. If you meet one of your ancestors on the road, kill him. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is." - Genjo Sanzo, Gensomaden Saiyuki
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

finished it once.

a very good game, too bad it's quite easy. i don't really remember having problem against bosses. Well, yes, a little with the dragons.
But the last boss was sooo simple. and it has a silly look, too.

However, I prefer to do the New Game + with the game guide. I don't feel like re-playing the game a numerous nomber of times in order to complete all.
But the Game Guide is very hard to find in France, and the price is quite frightening.
So let's say i hereby recommand everyone to buy this game, but myself it isn't on my top gaming priorities now (especially since i lended all of my freeloaders . . . )
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well since no positive news so far about Tales of Symphonia being translated into English on the PS2 has come out(and I can't just keep playing my Japanese version) I have decided to buy this game for the Gamecube. Hence I am finally purchasing a Gamecube in general. Though the good thing about this is, by now there are a good many Gamecube exclusive games that I would like to buy. TOS being high on the list, and should a translated version ever come out on the PS2, I would have no hassles buying that too (by then it would probably have improvements/special features etc.

Hopefully by the time I have this game, and have finished it, there will be good news about TOS coming to the US. And by then, also Tales of Rebirth and to be asking a lot, Tales of Legendia...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: