Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[SPOILER] Questions for Sars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: [SPOILER] Questions for Sars Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SInce I unknowlingly asked what people considerd to be SPOILers in the Impressions thread, I wanted to make this threead. So Sars if you see this:

Who did you use for the final battle?

Do you have any favorite minigames?

And what are the spells for the Dawn/Dusk Rune and Star Rune and what do they do? Do you also know the name of the magic combo of the Dawn Dusk Rune?

Who do you feel are the best magicians ?

Do you have any favorite Unite attacks damage wise and animation wise?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Party: Hero, Rion, Zweig, Levi, Zerase, and Viki

Minigames: Egbert's mingames

Dawn/Dusk spells: All of these have really complicated names, and thus they will have vastly different official English names; thus I refuse to translate them. The dawn rune has a mix of healing and attack spells, while the dusk rune is mostly attack.

The best magicians are Levi, Jeane, Zerase, Eresh, Viki, Bernadette, and I'm sure there are more.

I have no opinion on any of the unite attacks. I havn't found any that are very useful.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'm going to use magicians too! After all I had Crowley in S1 then Mazus in S2 for the final boss battles. Those Dawn and Dusk runes remind me of the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes.

Do you have any favorite characters in S5 storyline wise?

According to Kouli's walkthrough, did Obel change their name to Nirva?

Any music (even if remixed) brought back from the previous 5 games (Tactics included)?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Obel is still Obel. Nilba island is just another island. Kouli's walkthroughs tend to be hack jobs, and are generally unreliable, especially when it comes to plot, setting, and the like.

They do bring back some music from previous games.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are Norma, Sharmista, and Sagiri magically gifted at all? If so, then I'll use them in my final party...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havn't used Sagiri or Sharmista much, so I can't speak for them, but Norma is pretty good. She can also increase the amount of potch you get after battle, which helps.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, There's one spot in my final battle team taken up...If Sharmista and/or Sagiri are magically gifted, they'll wind up either in my back up slots or my main party...

What is Sagiri's weapon? In another thread, her weapon isn't listed...

Did you use any of the back-up slots, and if so, who were in the back up positions?

Also, how do runic affinities work in this game. Are they hidden like in most of the others, or can they be seen like in SIII?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

3 questions relating to the 3 returning characters in Jeane, Killey, and Lorelai. Apology in advance if these had been covered in the past. I keep up with the spoilers very minimalistic, and only want to ask this because I used Jeane a lot in IV, and a big fan of Killey/Lorelai.

1. Is Jeane, in terms of gameplay, still pretty much like Jeane in Suikoden IV (a.k.a. strong magic but really slow)?
2. Do we learn anything new about Killey and/or Lorelai? (Just expecting a yes or no and whether it's important information or not, don't want to be spoiled in terms of 'story')
3. What do you think of Killey and Lorelai in terms of gameplay?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didin't even use Sagiri, so I have no idea what her weapon is. She's a ninja-like character though. Maybe in my current 2nd try I will use her.

You're pretty much forced to use the back-up slots during the game; there's no way around itm really. I can't really say who I used because you can put anybody in back-up, so I naturally used a ton of people.

I have no idea how rune affinities work. You can even see it, but I havn't looked into it much. You can alter it slightly by equipping rings and amulets and such.

Jeane is like Jeane in Suikoden 4. She's not as slow because in Suikoden 5, you can increase spell casting speed via the "chant" skill.

You do learn more about Killey and Lorelai, but not too much.
Gameplay-wise, Killey is really quite good. In Suikoden 2, he had mediocre stats, but in 5, he is more of a magician-type and has L-range attack (his weapon is a needle), which is not too bad. Lorelai is a M-range mage-fighter and pretty good to use.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks a lot for the answers. I'm very happy with them. Quite surprised that Killey leaned more to magician side than physical, but it opens up a new dimension to his character. So that's good. Hopefully I'd get to play someday.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is Gizel the final boss? the final boss isnt another rune monster, is it?

I think I read on Gamespot.com in a forum, someone was saying Killey doesnt have much of a big role as he should, and you really dont learn much about him more or less then you did in Suikoden II.

How were you able to function well with the characters?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gizel is not the final boss. The final boss is a "rune monster."

Killey has a main storyline role. I have no idea what "a big role as he should" would mean, becaus ethis would depend on an individual's own expectation. I personally think he had adequate exposure. He can also be involved in events where he is not required, where he has some lines of his own. Not everyone will see this though, unless they take him along.

I am not sure what you mean by "function well with the characters."
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do the Dusk and Dawn Rune have any influence on how the Sun Rune will effect it's bearer or is the madness unavoidable?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, as long as the bearer of the Sun Rune also has the Dawn and Dusk runes attached on themselves, they won't go insane. However, this arrangement never happens during the game.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, so unless the Falenas family has had Hikusaak's secret of multi true rune bearing...the Dawn and Dusk are not true rune? Or am I restating what was already known?

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: