Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NHL Trade deadline
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you think of Mats Sundin saying he'd possibly waive his No Trade Clause? I mean when your captain says that you surely have to be concerned a bit about things. I think that's what he said I only saw the headline not the full article so I may be taking it out of it's original context.

Oh man Flyers just drew level with Carolina with 0.6 seconds left in the game - I'm glad people didn't see my reaction because I must have looked ridiculous. Freddy Meyer just saved the team from another loss (at least a complete one since OT is still going).

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sundin isn't well liked by some in Leaf land (myself included). However, he is our best player and when he wants to, he can dominate the game. Him saying he'd waive his no trade clause is him telling management he's not happy with things. He sees the writing on the wall and knows he won't win a cup with the Leafs this year (probably next year too).

They took away his two wingers last off season and left him with scrubs. He is upset and he's letting the management know.

You're lucky though, Pitkanen, Richards and Niitymaki are very bright future stars for you (I think Carter's a bust). We only have Pogge and Steen to look forward to.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still happy with the Rangers roster as it is. If anything one more defenseman would be nice. At least Prucha should be back soon, unless I missed something and he's back already.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No you didn't miss anything Prucha's still day-to-day at this point, he missed the SO loss with Atlanta last night.

You could easily be forgiven for being underwhelmed by Carter this year he hasn't scored like everyone though he would but he hasn't been bad. He's joint 5th on the team for points and 4th for goals right now. Partially that highlights the fact we rely very heavily on the Gagne - Forsberg - Knuble line but it shows he's got some talent there and the belief is he'll grow into his frame and become a real good player. I think he can still be the player people expected him to be but then I'm a biased optimistic Flyers fan.

Pitkanen is fantastic though, he's the guy Carter's joint 5th with on the team for scoring and he's played 23 less games. He's going to be really good, he's already very good to be honest but I don't want to get carried away or I'll end up boring you to tears about the Flyers for ages.

Quote:
Sundin isn't well liked by some in Leaf land

I'm surprised at that, I thought he was popular as a Leaf.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Pitkanen too. I stole him near the end of my fantasy pool draft ;) Carter could turn it around as this is his rookie year. But he was touted as a goal scorer and so far I've only seen one play or one goal that truly looked special. I just don't see anything special about him.

Sundin is well liked by the fans, but there are a small group (that I am part of) that dislike how he doesn't try at times. He could, be one of the most dominating players in the league. I've seen him look like Forsberg skating with the puck, nobody knocks him off. He has a blistering slapshot and awesome hands for a 6'5" big man. Unfortunately, the thing that I don't like about him is he disappears for long stretches. He shows very little heart and just looks uninterested at times. He's just not a captain after Toronto had such strong captains in Dougie Gilmour and Wendal Clark.

BTW, Jersey acquired Brad Lukowich from the New York Islanders for a third-round pick in 2006.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard that trade break too, I'm actually listening to the Fan590 trade deadline special at the moment and probably will for the rest of the afternoon. Lukowich is pretty cheap at $1m and signed for 3 years (I think) so that's nice for the Devs he's not too old to fulfil that contract since he's 30 right now.

Darcy Tucker isn't training with the rest of the Leafs today so that's someone plenty of playoff teams would like. Gritty, capable of scoring and able to annoy the pants off of opposition teams. Dunno about if he'll get traded, just the radio guys mentioning it as a source of speculation and I thought I'd repeat it.

Todd Simpson was traded to Montreal for a sixth round pick as well that happened a little while earlier than the Lukowich trade.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt Darcy is getting traded, but who knows. Darcy Tucker is our leading scorers, annually one of our best playoff performers. I would be very upset if we let Darcy go.

All in all, it's been a relatively quiet morning.

Cannucks pick up Sean Brown for a 4th rounder.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Things picked up around three, lots of minor trades with draft picks mostly for defence around the league it seems. I don't think there was anything truly unexpected that went down Samsonov to the Oilers, Recchi to Carolina, Carney to Vancouver, Arnason to Ottawa, Witt to Nashville. All players I'd heard possibilities about moving, personally I would of loved to have Carney for the playoffs I think that will give the Canucks good defence to work with they were about the most active making four moves. They got Weinrich (I like his yellow visor), Carney, Sean Brown and Mika Noronen today.

Denis Gauthier and Nikos Dimitrakos ended up being the Flyers pick ups Gauthier was for a minor leaguer and two 2nd round picks, Dimitrakos was got for a 3rd round pick. Nikos Dimitrakos is in his second year in the NHL and signed for another year after this at $650,000 he'll be decent for the price we paid I imagine but he's hardly someone to get really excited over - he's 5'10" which isn't huge and he hasn't got all that many points this year but I think with the right centre he'll do alright. Gauthier means I don't have to worry about Therien playing when he gets healthy again.

Alright, roll on the playoffs.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Rangers must have heard me. They aquired Sandis Ozolinsh from the Ducks. And all it cost them was a third round pick.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this year wasn't all that great. Everyone shuffled some depth defensemen.

Not a bad pickup for those Rangers. Even if Ozolinsh has had his best days back on Colorado, he can still skate and make that first pass to your wingers. I think that was a good trade.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: