Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

would they re-release a converted persona 1 and 2?
hey off topicish, but what was edited out? would it take out to much if the completely negate the shooting of hisself? Is it pivital?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now, I am completely sure they would not re-release Persona: Be Your True Mind, Innocent Sin or Eternal Punishment. There is no reason to do so in Japan and I honestly tihnk Atlus doesn't wanna spend too much time on this project.

Also, nothing's gonna be edited out. Or rather, nothing should be edited out, but you never know. People are worried about the suicidal themes and all, but it will be rated M and it's not a very big title so it might just slip by.

Besides, it needs to be in the game. Everyone knows; no one can hide it. Seeing the characters shout "Persona!" instead of shooting themselves would be silly for P3.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I want to play Persona 3, the soundtrack is very sub-par when compared to Persona 1 and Persona 2. Persona 1 had an ecletic blend of jazz and electronica while Persona 2 had one of the best soundtracks that I have ever heard. After listening to nearly every Persona 3 track, I can't help but feel disappointed with the arrangement.

I know that it is ridiculous to use music to justify spectacular games, but the music has let me down so far. But...I will be purchasing it if it does reach our shores.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What!? I probably sound like a raging fanboy right now but... I LOVE Persona 3's OST. It's unlike any RPG sountrack I've ever heard. It sounds like they wanted to do something different and it worked. At least for me. :P Did you even listen to Blues In The Velvet Room, Kimi no Kioku, Burn My Dread, Changing Seasons, any of the Tartarus's or even... Mass Destruction? :P

Besides, I didn't really like P1 and P2s' OSTs. Actualy, I don't think MegaTen's music is something to really get excited over most of the time.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dig the Persona 3 OST. I think it fits the game perfectly. Especially for dungeon crawler and AVG fusion games like this, you need good music to attract you to it. That's just me though. If both gameplay and music sucked, how can I enjoy playing one?

Anyway, the battle theme is spectacular stuff. I don't really think that hip hop can be used as battle theme but this proved otherwise. In other words, I like it.
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

P2's OST was good in very, very few parts. But when you find a good track, you FIND a good track. The opening theme, Velvet Nanashiarenji, Aoba park and Gymnopedie (which, on it's own, makes this OST better than anything else. Ever.) are all amazing tracks. I haven't played P3 but I'm SERIOUSLY digging the opening theme and artstyle. Can't wait for the game to be released here. :D

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got some information on the secret P3 item~ It's an Append Disc, which is sort of like an add-on to the main game, so to say. You need your original Peronsa 3 disc for it to work. They'll be selling the disc seperately or as a bundle with the original Persona 3 in it. Anyway, the good stuff~

Quote:

Persona 3 Fes - PS2 - April 19 2007

Normal Edition + Append Edition
Price Undetermined
(Append Edition requires Persona 3 disc)

Post-game addition:

- 30+ hours of additional content in the new post-game "Aegis Chapter"
- This chapter will have voice, cutscenes, new anime FMVs and new dungeon areas
- The Aegis Chapter does not forward the calandar system, and consists of only story events and dungeon parts

Main game additions:

- Hard Mode added
- Weapon synthesis system added in the equipment store (similar to Devil Summoner's system)
- Costume changes for characters
- Both Aegis and Elizabeth are now datable characters in their own new Communities
- 23 new Personas

- Nagashima Shrine will have additional elements
- Characters which you have gained MAX in the Community with have now have additional events

Source: NeoGAF

The release date really worries me. P3 was supposed to come out here in February, but if Atlus decides to make this version the English version- like they did with Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne Maniax- then you'll have to wait longer. It's close to my birthday though. Score.

Anyway. The Aegis Chapter looks really interesting. So do the new costume(does Koromaru get new wings?). I wonder what new Personas they'll put~

And here's the even better stuff~ Scans~

Scan 1 - Nothing much to see here. We do see Aegis' new costume, which comes back a lot. It's, uh... pretty, in a war kind of way. And we see Junpei's too. <3 I can only see a jacket with fur on it, but I love it. <3

Scan 2 - More of Aegis' new costume. You can see Fuka's too(it's nothing special), some of Yukari's(is she wearing Uggs?) and Akihiko's(nothing much either.. just a shirt). What's interesting here is Aegis is seen in the Velvet Room, and in the main game only the Main was able to see/enter the Velvet Room. So I'm sure Aegis is the controllable character in her chapter.

Scan 3 - The first thing you see is a room with a clock on the floor. It looks like Philemon's Chamber, but who knows. You also see Mitsuru's new costume(a jacket?) and in the same screen, there's someone that looks like Aegis in the middle. But it can't be her, because you can see her in her normal costume just a little lower...

Scan 4 - More of Aegis' new new costume! Akihiko's fighting Aegis(!?) and Ken is crying blood. The word Believe comes up often. Nothing else important. I can't even see whether or not Ken is wearing a new costume, but I don't think he is here.

Scan 5 - Nothing really new or interesting.. at least from what I can see. I guess it's eye candy for us. Enjoy.

Scan 6 - Nothing really new here either. The Main can still see the Velvet Room. The word Believe is in the same screen as Ken again. Maybe it's a coincidence. I can't read the text on the bottom, but I can only assume it's something we already know.

So yeah. Now I'm gonna go run outside and shout about how happy I am, and when I'm done I'll see if I can pre-order a copy already. Doubt it though. :P

Jorge Prima wrote:

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The February 2007 release date of Persona 3 has been changed to June 2007. Whether or not it'll include the Append Disc stuff is unconfirmed. I would guess so, since the Append Disc is being released in April.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A bump in form of the P3 Design Works artbook.

Quote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220356.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220359.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220360.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220361.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220362.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220364.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220366.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220367.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/kirinmagician/P2220368.jpg

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932312&topic= 33789950

*want* Aegis and Chariot Persona are so meh, though. I want some Junpei and Emperor please. D:

If anyone is wondering, in the 7th scan, the Persona is Palladion(top) and Athena(bottom). In the 8th, it's Thanatos(<3).

Jorge Prima wrote:

Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game should be well worth the wait.

I loved Persona 2, and Persona 1 was fun for such a tacky game. I really do hope you guys are right when you mention that they won't change anything in P3.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who said that? P3 is completely different from previous Persona's.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He meant the censorship in the English versions.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah. Well Atlus USA has already said they won't be censoring it. I hope they put subtitles in the anime cutscenes.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe there will be English voiceovers.

Persona 3 Fes covers and info! :mrgreen: It's not quite new but I haven't really been into the news lately.

Covers:

Persona 3 + Fes

Fes only

I want both. :mrgreen:

There will also be two special bonus editions. They will contain earphones and a pouch just like the Protagonist has

A Rekishi doll from the game

And a poster of the cover art of the Persona 3 + Fes edition

The basic special edition package will be ~160$ and the full package will be about ~180$. Both packages contain the three items so I don't know the difference, but I'll likely get the 180$ one, because it's more expensive. I'll probably buy the Persona 3 + Fes because I (still) don't have P3, and with the special package I probably won't have enough money to buy the Fes only, which has a better cover.

Wah.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FES trailer. Looks hot.

Pre-order the Special Edition here!

I know I am. :mrgreen: The 300$ dollar price frightens me, it'll take a lot of convincing to get the parents to let me. I already have enough but my main goal was a PS3, so hopefully I'll have enough shifts for a while to afford both, and my birthday is like a week after it comes out so that's good.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: