Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*downloading trailer* *taps fingers on table*

Wow.....nice trailer! The whole gun to the head thing might not stay in the US release if it hits the US shores.......
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why not?

The [DDS SPOILER] Hermaphrodite[/END DDS SPOILER] plot managed to stay in DDS, as did [DDS SPOILER][ deaths of the entire principal cast, practically[/END DDS SPOILER] and [DDS SPOILER][an old woman getting killed mafia style[/END DDS SPOILER] and [DDS SPOILER] [a man pointing a gun into his mouth[/END DDS SPOILER]...

I think it's such a small title it might sail through.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have eagerly awaited a game where I could shoot myself in the face. I consider this close enough.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwah! Doing daily activities while vanquishing monsters at night? Living a double life as a high-school student and a Shadows exterminator? What a really wonderful concept!

They even have summer sports event and tests. If they could implement these successfully, it would be a very great game indeed.

About gun to the head problem: if they could make it less bloody and add some fancy lights or something, it would reach US without problem.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Megaten games have always been content heavy. I don't see why this game won't come here because of that.

I think the concept is awesome.
Viewtiful Mukumuku

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kinda agree that it might be a bit hard to get it out here without editing...

But if that's the case, then this is probably the first time I can remember that I'd really like something to be edited when it comes over here. (Not that I'm anti-dub or anything, just don't generally hope for it to happen :P)

Game looks great though... Haven't played a Persona game before, but since I started getting obsessed with just about everything SMT I've wanted to a lot and I really like how they presented stuff in the trailer.
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't look much like the older games, but it looks pretty awesome in its own right. Some of the changes they're making seem really interesting. The life/school sim elements are the best sounding part of the game to me at this point.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This. Looks. Amazing. I can't wait :shock: The only thing I don't like so far is how the in game graphics make the characters looks like midgets or something. But that's not that big of a deal.

Anyone have any idea what that huge tower is? I wonder why everyone turns into coffins in Shadow Hour. *dies from excitement*
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SO! It is going to be released in North America, and it is not going to be censored.

Keriaku wrote:
Anyone have any idea what that huge tower is? I wonder why everyone turns into coffins in Shadow Hour. *dies from excitement*

The tower is the (I think this is what it's going to be called) Shadow Tower. Basically, it's where all the, uh..."stuff" goes down in the game.

And everyone is in those coffin-like things because they aren't Persona users. Only people (and animals, as there is a playable dog character this time around. Starter Persona of Cerebus) that use Personae are able to move freely during Shadow Time.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arent persona games first person dungeon crawlers though...ewwww.

after playing suikoden ive gotten used to small dungoens.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only first-person Persona title was Revelations: Persona. Both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment were third-person RPGs.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh okay sweet, theya re dungoen crawlers though right?

are they like SMT nocturneBlackjack,
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A dungeon crawler is an RPG that has the player almost always in a dungeon or a place where you fight. This wouldn't count as one as you spend each weekday in class, doing things other than battling.

If you need something to gauge it by, try to think of the Personas as "Shin Megami Tensei-lite"s with a lot more town exploration.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nocturne1337 wrote:
oh okay sweet, theya re dungoen crawlers though right?

are they like SMT nocturneBlackjack,

Well. They tend to be more story and character driven than the main Shin Megami Tensei titles. The earlier three Persona games (Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) were similar in that you could contact demons and get them to help you by giving you cards, which were used to summon new Persona, which gave you new spells and strengths/weaknesses. In this game, however, it seems like you get the cards after a battle, so there may not be any contacting in it.

The first one, as was already said, was a first person game. The others were your standard 3rd person game (And Eternal Punishment was one of the best games ever. Ever. You should check it out). It's unclear as to how "dungeon crawl"-y this game will be, though it is probable that the floors of the tower will be large and winding, since that's how all the dungeons for the entire Shin Megami Tensei series have been.

Also! Character info (that's what we all really wanted, eh?)

Main character: Generic silent hero. New student at the high school the game takes place in. Starter Persona is Orpheus.

Yukari Takeba: She lives in the same dorm as the hero, and is the obligatory "cheerful, happy" girl. She is also the obligatory "weak, helpless" girl. Her starter Persona is Io.

Akihido Sanada: He's likely to be the "strong, silent" one, as he is described as "calm and ambitious." He's also the captain of the boxing team. So, unsurprisingly, his starter Persona is Polydeuces.

Junpei Iori: He transferred to the school around the same time as the main character, so they're pretty good friends (roommates? I'm not sure). His starter Persona is Hermes.

Mitsuri Kirijo: She's the obligitory "calm, strong female" character. She's the Student Council president, so is a leader type. Her starter Persona is Pentesilea, which honestly makes me a bit nervous about her survival chances, since the only notable thing Pentesilea ever did was get killed by Achilles.

Fuku Yamagashii: She's the "quiet, mysterious" character. Her starter Persona is Lucia, and is unique in that she cannot fight, but instead shields Fuku and others from attacks. Due to her inability to fight, her survival chances are also slim.

Ken Amada: A fifth grade boy who is a very powerful Persona user. His starter Persona is Nemesis.

And finally...

Koromaru: A stray dog. His starter Persona (yes, really) is, of course, Cerberus

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kind of a bump, but meh.

On the website, a voice message by Meguro Shouji(with a remixed version of Mass Destruction - the battle theme) was relesed. He said stuff about a new P3 "secret item" and they're proud of it. So what is it exactly? No one really knows.

Some people think it'll be like another Maniax game like Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne with a different ending(that would be nice), new music(obviously, we already have a remixed battle theme), items, and probably Persona. Or some people think it'll be a different game. Although I don't think so. It's maybe a subplot. But you never know.. it might be like an Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment sort of deal. But I doubt Atlus would try pulling a stunt like that when the PS2 generation is just ending.

Ooh, and he said "to keep your game disc." What that means.. I dunno. It can't be a save data thing because that would require the save data and not the game disc. This is why people think it'll be a different game.

Regardless... this is going on the top of my To Get list. :mrgreen:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: