Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rune names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While we are at it, these are the runes that are not on the list (with the same size and format, because I love consistency).

Jongleur Rune

Red Rose Rune

Shield Rune

Pale Gate Rune

Charm Rune

Hazy Rune

Warrior Rune

Waking Rune

Mother Earth Rune

Thunder Rune

Rage Rune

Flowing Rune

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
While we are at it, these are the runes that are not on the list (with the same size and format, because I love consistency).

Shield Rune

The page already had the Shield Rune, that's more like the Bright Shield Rune, as it's got light coming from the back whereas the Shield Rune was only the Shield. And aren't the elemental runes the same also for the first tier?

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes the elemental runes have the same form as each other, xcept for the ture rune elements.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but there are no colored picture of the elemental runes (bar Cyclone/Wind) on that site. I used the second-tier names simply because they sound cooler.

About the Shield Rune vs. Bright Shield Rune... I do not know, but my the images I have depicting those two runes look pretty different, don't you think?

Shield Rune

Bright Shield Rune

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

of course they are different. bright shield is bright and the shield isn't.

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, 'duh. I was only explaining to Mr. Zaj that while he said that my Shield Rune picture looks more like the Bright Shield Rune, the Bright Shield Rune picture that I have looks different. Hence why I displayed it.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
but my the images I have depicting those two runes look pretty different, don't you think?

should of said that you explaining it to zaj directly. didn't know that you were hence why i posted what i did. :mrgreen:

Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Yes, but there are no colored picture of the elemental runes (bar Cyclone/Wind) on that site. I used the second-tier names simply because they sound cooler.

About the Shield Rune vs. Bright Shield Rune... I do not know, but my the images I have depicting those two runes look pretty different, don't you think?

Shield Rune

Bright Shield Rune
Sorry, but the Bright Shield Rune isn't symmetrical. If your Shield Rune were the Bright Shield's colours, it would be perfect. A bit more like this: and for the last time, the site had a perfect picture of the Shield Rune. Phew. So is it all clear now?

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj wrote:

Sorry, but the Bright Shield Rune isn't symmetrical. If your Shield Rune were the Bright Shield's colours, it would be perfect. A bit more like this:

sorry but the pic that scrooge mcduck posted is a more accurated photo. look at the one you posted, you can tell that it's not the actual photo due to the poor cut job on it. here is a photo of the bright shield rune i just pulled up.

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for your valiant efforts Scrooge McDuck, Buff , and Zack. I apreciate your concern!

though I already had all the other rune images I needed :oops:

Please don't tell me we are discussing which shield rune image shines the most because I might fall from my chair in amazement. :wink:

Anyway my doubts have been cleared.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I am pretty confused; we have three different pictures of shield-resembling runes. What is the actual name of my symetrical "Bright Shield Rune", then?

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yours is still a bright shield rune, it's just different from the other 2. some of the stuff got cut off and it's not as bright.

Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Zaj wrote:

Sorry, but the Bright Shield Rune isn't symmetrical. If your Shield Rune were the Bright Shield's colours, it would be perfect. A bit more like this:

sorry but the pic that scrooge mcduck posted is a more accurated photo. look at the one you posted, you can tell that it's not the actual photo due to the poor cut job on it. here is a photo of the bright shield rune i just pulled up.

Even though it has a poor cut job it is from konami's site from a page concerning runes. And here's a screencap from Suikoden II's opening, also from konami's site, to clear things up. Even though the Bright Shield is partially covered by the Black Sword Rune, you should be able to see how the Bright Shield Rune is not symmetrical, the Symmetrical one is a photoshop somebody made, quite possibly from that picture, as the Black Sword Rune is covering up and it's the only one with the correct colourisation.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm looks like you are correct on that. imma have to go play 2 again and check out how the rune is on that.

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... yes, now I get it. After exhaustive investigation and deliberation - which only involves reading Mr. Zaj's post and playing Suikoden II again - I have come into an agreement that my version of Bright Shield Rune is indeed inaccurate. I shall reformat my collection of rune images, adding my newly-found correct image of the Shield Rune.

I apologize for the confusion (partially to myself).

Shield Rune
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: